Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 20:39:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
love. (repost) Started by: Jezebel- on Oct 30, '16 18:50

WoonDa : Its a hard decision but basically you have to be strong enough to sacrifice yourself for your loves..  Whether that be in betrayal of everyone for yourself  (but moreso about loving them for your work/ family) to Die for them.  Your love in this mafioso world is about sacrifice..  So you have to love them enough to die for them, that is happiness.  Happiness to know that you did all you can. 

Report Post Tip

WoonDa to answer your question, you need to learn to balance business with pleasure. Some can do it... some cant. If you can't balance the two, love is not for you.

Report Post Tip

Veronia, my approach would be somewhat different and not as simple as that. It's a thing of reflection that needs many lives to be close to be able to understand. You need to be able to differentiate feelings like love and hate, strategy as sacrificing oneself or others, and sacred oaths from the past present and future. And to combine all that within yourself to find yourself...

Report Post Tip
"I think love is weakness in this life. Fear, now that will do more for you, and is stronger than love. If you see what one loves, you know how to break that person. Then all you gotta do is press on that weak spot till fear oozes out. When you smell that fear on a man, you know you have them by the balls; you own him. Love secretely and keep it hidden, otherwise it will destroy you."
Report Post Tip

I could only add: "Learn from own errors"

Report Post Tip

Well WoonDa. That is indeed different but feels somewhat the same.. maybe its the same concept but told from a shorter vantage point.

In order to love.. in my opinion you have to learn what an oath is.. When you oath you're bound to that "love, oath" with your life. Same goes towards your CL.. You bound your life to them, to the family..  The oath does not come without proper understanding and meaning that you are giving your life, your dedication to this way of life. 

same goes for your significant other.. To truly love.. means you sacrifice yourself and put your feelings towards them or somewhat set them aside for what is best for them.. 

Third.. You have to love yourself.. thats the other part of the equation.. we chose this crime filled life.. and what if you choose love someone aswell? You CAN , but know that at one point or at the climax of the events that unfold which is your life.. will end in Death.  .. Death for taking a bullet for your CL.. Death for protecting and running away with your Loved one.  As the one.. the Individual you have to LOVE yourself inorder to put your life on the stake.. on the chopping block for the things you love.  Hope that clarifies what i mean.. basically you're right but i think that it should already be in consideration with love hate and everything else.

So if the person is also in your  mafiosi family.. its doable but again all at the stake of your life! Or perhaps i have a twisted way towards happiness!

Report Post Tip

No Veronia, you have not twisted ways, you completely right of being focused on current life. But as an ancient Japanese proverb said: "We are all just a point on the line of life, any day, any life".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip
I think it is possible. In this dark and gloomy world of ours, it is hard to see the light, some people turn towards love to try and find a meaning to their existence. As you said Jezebel-, love can crush you, but it can lift you up very high and I think a lot of mafioso's are looking for that feeling. You feel younger, happier and most importantly, loved. Thought sometimes it goes so far that mafioso's can do that to try and control others, but it's different in that case, you can feel it when the other person genuinely loves you.

I also think it gives a meaning to existence and life. Being in love is fun and you get to know someone on a complete different level. Worst case, you get denied, but you gain in life experience.
Report Post Tip

Axel there is some truth to you statement, however when you take something of importance from a man, or women it can drive them to heights never thought imaginable. Fear is good in this business, do a certain point... however the most feared mobsters in the world have been killed. No one is untouchable. Respect is far more important then fear. Respect earns allies... fear is good until someone who is not afraid steps up and takes your place.

So no need to live in secret, if you love and live like everyday is your last, you made your life count.

Report Post Tip

"All mobster's get killed at some point, Noto, whether feared or loved. Love and fear are one and the same, they can't be separated, as they are two sides of the same coin; that coin being respect. I'm not saying to live with people fearing you instead of loving you, I'm simply saying that showing your true colours in this dog eat dog world gives someone an opportunity to use that against you. This isn't all rainbows and sunshine, we are ultimately here to build something that will at some point be destroyed, either by someone else who's trying to build something or due to our own self destruction." 

"The sun may shine for a period, but a storm is always brewing, always. Everyone loves something, it's what drives us to be who we are, even if that love takes the form of fear itself; it's the emotions that ultimately drive these bodies, vehicles. If you play your cards face up on the table for all to see, those that want to build something by destroying your something have an easier time than if you played those cards close to your chest. Love all you like, just understand someone is always plotting and they will look to your weaknesses to exploit you; we're criminals after all. Just be smart about it, use the head as well as the heart and always keep a gun under the pillow."

Report Post Tip

Love

We're imperfect people living in an imperfect world

What's stopping anyone from having a perfectly imperfect relationship

For some it's a long wait on a train don't never come

Others like rain on the high summer corn

Scripture tells us that perfect love casts out fear

Imagine being fearless

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I think you love accidentally and without even knowinh it. Everyone loves. We all pay respect to the people from our crew and i think we love them. Not in the meaning that we want to spend every waking hour with them, but we like talking to them and being in their company. Like that we can find love, even here.
I found love here and i can say that is is absolutely possible. As long as you are open for it.
Report Post Tip

Chase reads the replies, thoughtful of some, chuckling at some, and pitying other...he thinks for a moment before he turns to Her, saying...

Eae what do you think?

Report Post Tip

She listens to a few people giving their opinions on love. She basically tunes out the rest until she hears Him speak her name. Turning to her Wolf, she smiles.

I do see how love can be bad for business. I see how some cold bastards can take advantage of you, pretending to care for you just to get into your bank account or to get secrets about your family. It can really mess someone over. And in time of war, would you be willing to pull the trigger if your boss told you to target your lover? I know I wouldn't. I would rather try on a new pair of cement boots than take the life of the one I love.

The opposite can be said for love as well. It can make for great power teams. If one gets motivated to work, they might get the other one to work harder, competing with each other, bringing the crew more strength.

Family should always come first. Your leader, your crew. But isn't your loved one family too? They may not share the same tag, but they can have just as much of an impact. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

There are a lot of great views that you all put forward and most of them I agree that there is love in this insane world of ours.

Even tho we wake up and do the same routine all over again, if it's doing crimes, dealing drugs etc. whatever it may be everyone needs someone to come home to after a hard days work.

No one wants to be alone at the end of the day, I know I don't. By all means there can be some difficult times that can come between the two but you just have to work through it.

Thank you all for saying everything. Let's keep it going.

Walking back to my office with a bottle of rum in my hand, looking at the various people as I walk by.

Report Post Tip
You are a lucky girl, Jezebel-!
Report Post Tip

Thank you Imogene I certainly believe i am <3

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: love. (repost)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL