Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 11:23:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Lounge Started by: Walter_Blunt on Nov 01, '16 16:40

Kate accepted the drink that was offered to her by Stan and took a long, thirst quenching draught. 

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Dusty- particularly paper-related flattery. Never really done anything like that before, but it seems to be going well. And your question about beautiful women...? Only when I'm lucky. Fortunately for me, I get lucky on a fairly consistent basis."

Her next comment died on her lips as she heard "Hamlet" and "coke" from the stairway. She wasn't surprised to see Walter_Blunt emerge.

"Walter, nice to see you. This is Dusty. Dusty, this is Walter_Blunt."

Report Post Tip

Dusty turned her head to the newest person to arrive. She smiled politely.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Blunt. How are you today?"

Report Post Tip

"Please call me Walter, only the police call me Mr Blunt. Just don't call me Walt, I look nothing like Brian Cranston. Don't know why James insists on calling me Walt. Sorry, where are my manners. It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Dusty. It makes sense now that I have a name to put to the face. I trust you are having a wonderful evening?"

Walter reached over and lifted the Glass of Whisky that Stan had poured for him without being asked. One of these days he would change to Cognac or Vodka and then where would he be? Walter smiled to himself as he took a drink, his deviousness knew no bounds.

Report Post Tip

Dusty smiled.

"Walter it was a pleasure to meet you. Unfortunate timing though as I need to catch a flight. I hope to come back here though and Kate next time the drinks are on me. I am sure we will meet again in the future."

Gathering her stuff Dusty waves as she starts to head back out into the city.

Report Post Tip

Walter sniffed at his armpits experimentally. He'd only arrived 10 minutes and already 2 people had left in a hurry. Was it something he said? Ahhhhh, the light dawned on him, James had run off before he arrived, and Dusty moments after, it was obviously something the Boss had said. Signalling to Stan he leaned over and asked for another Whisky and whatever the lady was drinking. He also used this distraction to take a surreptitious sniff at his boss. Definitely something she said. Raising his glass he smiled at her.

"Bottoms up."

Report Post Tip

Kate sighed as Dusty left. After watching the woman leave, she turns her attention to Walter.

"Looks like it's you and me, Walter."

She downs her glass and sighs.

"Or... maybe I should go work on the paper. Goodnight, sweet prince."

Winking, she left Walter in the lounge and headed outside.

Report Post Tip

Walter turned to Harry, and wondered if Giselle was free. Maybe just for dinner down at Jame's place. It had been years since he'd eaten anywhere other than The Lounge.

Report Post Tip

Int: Walter's House

Walter was standing while Harry smacked him repeatedly across the midriff with a cricket bat. With each swing Harry would let out a yell, whilst Walter let out an 'Oooof'. After a couple of swings, Walter held up his hands in submission and tried to gather his breath.

"10 strikes to the abdomen today Sir, Very Good!"

"Thank you Harry... but... why am I keeping my organs so pristine, Harry?" said Walter as he started doing vertical press ups against the foot board of the bed. "What's the point in all this fitness if I don't put it to good use, erotically?"

"Preparedness Major!" said Harry pointing at Walter, he had lifted an ornately bound, large leather tome and was leafing through the hand written pages.

"Check the log. When was the last time that I needed to be prepared?"

Harry started to check the book he was holding, flicking through the pages and mumbling to himself, "... nightmares... books read... famous friends... strange and beautiful coincidences... bowel movements..."

"Why don't alphabetise the Log Harry, I've told you this more than once!"

"The Log is my my domain Major." insisted Harry, slapping his hand on the page to reinforce his point. He continued to leaf through the pages. "Ah! Here we are... Love making. Its been seven months Sir since you had proper intercourse."

"And with whom did I have proper intercourse seven months ago?" asked Walter wearily as he sat on the bed rubbing his eyes.

"Margaret. An attractive fan you met at the Gelson's Market. You'd just signed your divorce papers, became intoxicated and gone shopping without me."

"Margaret?" asked Walter shaking his head, "It's all rather an alcoholic blur Harry. Is there a phone number?"

"Yes Sir, but its specifically notated that you are not to see her again. After making love she wept, vomited and you found antipsychotic pills in her medicine cabinet."

"Well! So much for Margaret.

Fade out.

Slide up, Int: The Lounge.

Phil's piano playing can be heard as we pan up the stairs to the seated bar area to find Walter and Gisele sitting at one of the side tables away from the crowds.

"I just wanted to see you Walter" said Gisele in a sultry tone, "And thank you for being my bottom that night."

Walter's eyes widen and he laughs nervously, "Hey ah, Gisele, we were only together a few minutes."

"No." she laughs, "That would have been fun, ahhh, but I mean my emotional bottom. Getting arrested, it was truly a wake up call for me."

"And for Me too. I am trying to turn everything around. My life, my show, my relationship with my young son. And mere detail, but I'd like to help save Detroit and KateLogan."

Gisele reaches out and strokes Walter's hand. "Those are all amazing goals Walter."

Walter puts his other hand over hers and asks tenderly, "What are your goals, Gisele? What do you want from our shared wake up call?"

"I'm finally going to settle down, and get out of the life."

"Settle down?"

"I have someone who really loves me, always has." says Gisele, smiling with renewed hope.

"I see." says Walter, crestfallen.

"I pushed him away for so long. I didn't think I deserved to be loved. Who's gonna love the Tranny? But I wanna stop wasting time. Life feels like its just flying past me."

"I understand. I often feel that way. I wonder... Where the hell has it all gone? My Life? And then I think of that line from the Red Shoes, 'Time rushes by, life rushes by, but the red Shoes go on dancing, forever.'"

Gisele smiles.

A Short while later, Walter is sitting at the bar, alone. Phil is just finishing his latest set of soft blues numbers. He sees Walter sitting alone, and gets up, walking to the bar.

"Mind if I join you Mr Blunt?"

Walter turns to see Phil, and gestures to the stool beside him. "Oh sure Phil. Stan?" The Bartender acknowledges Walter and grabs a bottle from the shelf.

"I couldn't help but notice you were with quite a stunning Lady tonight!" remarks Phil.

Walter smiles wistfully as Stan approaches and pours Phil a drink. "Oh Yes, but as it turns out, she's just a friend. I haven't had much luck with romance lately."

Phil laughs bluntly and nods his understanding, "I understand... I haven't had sex... since... the end of the war." he goes to take a drink but is stopped by Walter's exclamation.

"What? Oh my god. Phil I'm so sorry."

Phil shakes his head, "It's ok. Its a gentle path. No germs, no Hurt feelings." Phil, his eyes watering slightly lifts his glass towards Walter who does the same. They both take a large gulp and turn to face the bar in silence.

Report Post Tip
Some whiskey, it was in my mind at all times. Today had been a busy one I had to shoot some bodyguards move some drugs and kill a few people that won't be named.

The day went by fast even through all of that, the body gourds dropped like flies and these un nammed people brought me the cash I needed. It was time for a well deserved drink.

I stopped at the first bar that came in sight, walking in with a ciggarette in hand I headed straight for the bar.

"Glass of Whiskey please, and your biggest glass" I looked up at the barkeep and nodded.
Report Post Tip

Vito enters into the lounge admiring how nice the place was even though it was out of the way and you had to have some inkling about it in order to find it.  He felt conflicted though he hid it well.  He knew damn well that it shouldn't have taken him this long to visit this place.  He really should've come by before the owner passed but he allowed his business to get in the way and now he had another regret to add to the list.

After admiring the place for a minute he waves off the coat clerk and moves to the host on duty and asks for a table of one.  Truthfully he only planned to check the place out with hopes that it would be continuing on in it's business even despite the passing of it's most notable regulars.  He was pleasantly surprised to see that people were still coming to the private lounge and that business was continuing to carry on quite well.

As he arrived at his table he order coffee and a bagel.  He observed some of the people who were currently frequenting and decided that this was the kinda place that was best to be visited at night or early morning. But still he wasn't here to really immerse himself, he was here to give a final goodbye to a friend of his.

After a few minutes of thought to himself the waiter came by with his coffee and food, and Vito wasted no time in both eating and drinking.  Despite it being a lounge he found no real desire to lounge around the place. He did enjoy the music and the private environment it gave off but still he realized quickly that it just wasn't the same as how he expected it to be without the usual customer he knew who frequented the place.

After eating he quickly got up and made to exit the building, only his eye was caught by a flickering candle in the corner of the bar.  Off to the side near the edge of the bar there was a small little memorial there for Walter.  There were two pictures there one of Walter by himself and one with Walter and a few others he recognized, most strikingly the bartender and his friend and confidant that he always yelled for Harry.

Vito stared at it for a moment before deciding to ask the bartender for a shot of whiskey.  He wasn't particularly fond of the stuff and he didn't like drinking this early in the day but he felt the occasion called for it. After receiving his shot glass he then turned to the memorial and raised it

"Here's to you Walter, may your soul find eternal peace and happiness in the next life."

Vito then drank the shot of alcohol and paid the man at the bar and gave a word of thanks.  He then slowly made his way to the exit giving it one last look before he exited entirely, to head to his own place of business.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Hannibal sat at a table in the corner, it was quite dimly lit which he appreciated, it didn't hurt to hide when you were being hunted by the federal government. He was nursing his single malt whiskey, better to have a sharp mind and reflexes if necessary, besides, technically he was in enemy territory. This whole area was controlled by KateLogan of the Detroit outfit, and not the new Chicago outfit he had signed up to, although there were truces in place, he was an associate to a crime family from another city, and he was sure that if they knew he was in Detroit, the Detroit families would keep an eye on him, not least because he had turned down an invite to join Kate's family.

He kinda got a kick out of sitting here. In the heart of Detroit, in a Bar that was frequented by Detroit mobsters, and at one point appeared to be run by a member of Kate's family. Perhaps if he had worn his Mr Lee disguise he wouldn't have been as easy to spot, but then a chinaman sitting in a mob bar was probably more of a target. He took a deep draw from his cigar and blew out the thick, robust smoke, watching its swirls and plumes dissipate slowly in the still air of the bar as he listened to the pianist play in the background.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Another bar, another disappointment. This one seemed to be still running, Evil could hear piano music coming from inside, and soft laughter, he could smell alcohol wafting down the stairs, it was the guy just inside the door that was the problem. He had spent all of about 2 seconds scanning Evil before saying, 'Sorry mate, Private Members only, if you aren't on the list, you aren't getting in. Mr Blunt's orders.' 
Well that was blunt to say the least, who was Mr Blunt anyway? No, on second thoughts fuck him, fuck him and the horse he rode into town upon.

Report Post Tip

ToE entered the Lounge, a little known club for people of discernible taste, or so he'd been told. He'd hoped to run into his good friend and fellow inebriate, Walter_Blunt, but there didn't seem to be any sign of the old idiot, and neither Stan or Phil had seen him in a while. Instead he ordered a Jim Beam and asked Stan to leave the bottle, and turned to listen to Phil playing some classics on the ivories. Long, Long Time and Embraceable you were the only two he immediately recognised. 

Sliding of the bar stool he went into the toilet and did a couple of lines of coke instead, no pint in missing out just cos Blunt wasn't here he thought to himself. Knowing the people running the show at the moment, ToE believed that there would be a good chance we'd be seeing Walter again really soon. Wiping the last of the coke up with his finger and running it across his gums, he looked in the mirror, straightened his tie, just a bit, checked to see how blood shot his eyes were, and went back out into the bar.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Lounge
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL