Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 09:14:22
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: New and improved WYSIWYG editor Started by: Squishy on Apr 14, '10 13:31

It's already annoying.

Report Post Tip

This new editor is much better than the last one, but I have to agree with those saying that the fonts should be restricted. Massive texts in a variety of fonts will make the eyes bleed.

Report Post Tip

Yep. I have to also add a voice to those protesting the eye pain. I have winced a few times just reading this thread.

Report Post Tip

I concur with the font statements

Report Post Tip

Now I feel cheated. That was supposed to be wingdings.

I blame Marco.

Report Post Tip

Seeing as I appear to be one of the few to come from the old-dog-set-in-their-tracks school, I just might stick to my manual tags for a little while yet. However, I did check out the new WYSIWYG editor, and it is indeed very pretty. Certainly, it would make editing things such as profile pages much simpler.

As evidenced above though, I fail to see the need for different pretty fonts and sized text. I can definitely see certain idiots abusing this.

Hopefully though, those same idiots will utilise the spellchecker function, so it will be correctly-spelt size 36 Comic Sans speeches.

Report Post Tip

It makes me feel quit ill to be fair.

Good for newspapers. nowt else. IMHO..

Report Post Tip

To be perfectly honest, a newspaper is there to provide information in a clear and easy to digest manner. If a newspaper needs to depend on gimicks (or more accuratly, really annoying and irritating font appearance) then is sucks. The aim of a newspaper should be to provide the information in the clearest and most easily digestable manner possible. That doesn't include massive fonts or formatting.

So good for newspapers... not at all.

Report Post Tip

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/90719

Is where I thought it would work well for a newspaper. Slightly larger font but it just 'looks' like a newspaper for me.

Report Post Tip

I was just thinking that the headlines could be larger. I think that it comes down to personal preference.

Report Post Tip

Love It!

Report Post Tip

Fantastic upgrade I have to say. This is very useful for my profile. However when it comes to posting I think I will stick with my old one. Used to it more.

Now on the subject of font size etc being annoying. I have to agree with Deimne and Co. As well. There really is no need for a 72 size font. Now the normal size is plenty big enough and perhaps having 1 or two sizes more won't hurt as some people can then put keywords in speeches etc in a larger font so people are aware of them more. But the really big sizes I'm sorry really have no purpose other then to annoy us 'older' Mafiareturns players as well as the few newer ones it might annoy.

Report Post Tip

Is this change what's causing my screen to be stretched across so much that I have to scroll over to see eveything?

Report Post Tip

No. That's an entirely seperate issue which is related to browsers and the choices people make when posting.

Mario's post, for example, contained one very line string of text with zero spaces. Due to this, some/many browsers won't wrap the text onto the next line. Instead, it streaches out the page so that you have to scroll over to view it.

As for the post mentioned Scandia, I think that's a perfect example of why the 'current' unrestricted font/size options are horrible. As someone who likes to read as many as possible/all posts, to see a font selection that makes the text difficult to read just irritates the hell out of me. The text is too small to read easily. Combine that with the distracting wavey feel of the text chosen and the use of a light background, it makes that post a headache inducing disaster. In my own less than humble opinion. 

Report Post Tip

I think for some things, such as profiles, mails, and within restriction, OOC forum, this is a pretty decent upgrade. However if I were to come across someone posting like THIS in the streets, I'd probably never speak to them. ever.

Report Post Tip

Minus the failing on the font size. -.-

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New and improved WYSIWYG editor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL