Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 09:19:44
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
John and Tom's Excellent Adventure! Started by: Thomas_OShannon on Nov 18, '16 11:05

The bright morning Sun shone through the windows of Billie's modest Corktown flat. Thomas groaned, one leg hanging off the futon couch in the living area, newspaper over his face, undershirt and last night's slacks still on. A grand picture to start the day for anyone randomly in Billie's house.

A groggy voice croaked out from underneath the newspaper, "Why are yeh so fockin' bright? Swar I need ta get some blinders fer t'is place." He slung the newspaper off his face and sat up, staring out the window. Billie called from the back bedroom, "Who the fuck are you talking to Thomas?"

"Nae one lass, just go back ta sleep, hi? I'm gonna get meself ready an' go meet wit' Mr. Noto. Leavin' yeh some cash fer rent in tha lockbox in case we be gone a few days..."

She could be heard groaning in the other room. Half asleep and probably thinking she's dreaming, she yelled at him, "Whatever Tommy, just shut up an kiss me."

He snickered and washed himself before dressing in his typical attire; suit, gun harness, jacket, boots, and greatcoat. He left a chunk of money in the lockbox and a note on the dining table before slipping out the door and locking it behind him.

Thomas headed down the two flights of stairs and out the front of the housing unit, lighting a cigarette before stepping out onto the sidewalk and taking a long hike towards the streetcar stop.

Thomas rode in to downtown Detroit and hopped off the trolley on Congress street, near Brush street and Paragon Tower. Pushing open the large doors to the hotel skyscraper, he headed straight for the receptionist desk.

"Marnin' lass. Mr. Noto in his office already?"

The receptionist shook her head, "Mr. Noto has yet to come in, Mr. O'Shannon. Shall I leave him a message for you?"

"Tá, tell him I'm in 'is office waitin' fer 'im, soon as 'e has a chance."

Thomas disappeared through the door behind the receptionist's desk and sat in the room, waiting...plotting.

Report Post Tip

It was a busy night at The Paragon Tower the night prior. I woke up a bit late and headed into work, upon arrival I was informed of the arrival of Mr. OShannon. Wasting little time I made my way into the office, opening the door I see Thomas standing by the small mirror making sure his gun was tucked away properly.

"Sorry I'm late Thomas, late night for me last night. Anyway take a seat."

Thomas takes a seat opposite of me, he was calm and collective as usual, he looked as though he was still thinking of a plan.

"Ok so we know Canada is our destination, we know who were after, just need to go over all the details to get us through this trip and back home as fast as possible. I also think it would be wise to inform Ms. KateLogan of our little trip."

Report Post Tip

Thomas spun as Noto came in to the room. He mentioned his late night and Thomas grinned before shaking his head, "Nae need ta apologize Mr. Noto. Just wanted ta make sure yeh nae waitin' on me."

Thomas took a seat in Noto's office, leaning back into his chair and crossing his legs.

"Tá. From what me boyos go' from Ian, most o' Mickey O'Reilly's business be just over tha border in Windsor. His money be drained into a private club, some fockin' golf course or somethin', on tha outskirts o' town."

Thomas stood and paced in front of his chair a bit, thinking...

"We should tell Miss Logan, yer right about that. We also need ta have a plan before we just waltz in there. O'Reilly be sure ta know somethin' comin' already. Yeh do'nae just loose a boss an' think nae thin' o' it."

He looked to Noto. "But me lads, they say Mr. O'Reilly has a schedule. He gets up an' goes ta his bank every marnin'. Word is, he sits on tha committee. Then he meets up wit' someone at a pub in downtown called tha Pig's Head Tavern fer a quick drink an' a bite. Sources say it be family; a son or somethin'. Probably more if I had ta guess. Then 'e makes his way ta his club, which I assume doubles as 'is main place o' business. Which means, it be easiest if we catch him -before- 'e gets ta tha club."

He took his seat again, still looking at Noto to question his ideas with the new information.

Report Post Tip

"Well then clearly we should hit him when he's at the Tavern. Any family members he has with him is fair game, we just need to make sure we don't hit any civilians... and no women or children! Big rule of mine, only way I consider women is if they are apart of the organization... But before we head out we need to speak with Ms. Logan... get the ok."

I get on my office phone and call the receptionist, asking her to see if KateLogan is in her penthouse, and if so to please tell her to come to the office to chat with myself and Mr. OShannon.

Report Post Tip

Thomas nodded, both about getting the okay from KateLogan and the hitting Mickey O'Reilly at the tavern.

"Tha' works fer me John."

He sat back and had a drink, waiting as John placed the call to the front desk.

"An now, we wait fer tha boss, hi?" He chuckled. "So while we wait, wha's yer favorite type o' weapon?" He grinned and pulled his black Colt 1911 with it's ivory grips from it's holster. He dropped the extended magazine clip from it and pulled the slide back ejecting the currently loaded bullet, catching it in his hand. He laid the weapon on the table in front of Noto. "This be me favorite fer quiet jobs. I prefer a Thompson model 1921 fer me loud, tear shite up gun. When I was fightin' wit' tha RA in Ireland, we used Lewis Guns an' M1919s as well. Those pack fockin' power, lad, lemme tell yeh. If yeh na'er fired one o' them fockin' big guns? I suggest it."

He had the grin of a child talking about Christmas presents as he reminisced firing off the heavy weaponry.

Report Post Tip

I pull out a colt 1911 and place it on my desk.

"Looks like we share the same feeling for the model 1911. Only difference with me is I use that whenever I can, nice quick clean kills. As far as tearing up a place I tend to go with any type of shotgun."

I grab a knife from my desk drawer and place it near the 1911, staring at it... it was a reminder of my past. I see Thomas place his eyes on it, as I begin a brief story on my past.

"I was 17 years old when I got my first kill! And it was this knife right here!...I used to fight a lot in back alleyways, sometimes for cash... others just for the hell of it. One day this guy Bruno, tough Italian kid in the Bronx wanted to fight me. I knew Bruno somewhat, after all we grew up in the same neighborhood. Anyway we start fighting and he lands a good shot that puts me to the ground, I realized he was a dirty fighter... also a bit sadistic as he picked up this big rock that was nearby."

I pause and place my hand on the handle of the knife.

"I moved out of the way just in time... rock would have crushed my skull if I didn't move. While on one knee I placed my hand on the knife I had tucked away in my boot. He moved closer and closer to me, then I pulled the blade out and stabbed Bruno in the throat."

I inhale then exhale before continuing.

Until that day, the knife was only for protection. As he was bleeding out the other kids from my neighborhood ran off in fear... even my friends ran off. With nothing left in NY for me, I fled to Vegas and kept my head down for years. After years of living quietly I came to Detroit, met KateLogan and here I am today."

I place the knife back in my desk. 

Report Post Tip

Kate exited the elevator in the lobby and strolled into the office where Noto and Thomas_OShannon were speaking with a gun on the table between them. She raised an eyebrow.

"Everything okay here, boys? What's going on?"

Report Post Tip

"Just talking about weapons of choice, and I took Mr. OShannon back to my past a bit. Anyway have a seat Ms. Logan, there's an important matter that requires some discussing."

Placing both hands on the desk, I look to Thomas.

"Tom do you want to fill Ms. Logan in?, or do you want me to?."

Report Post Tip

Thomas smirked as he gripped his weapon firmly, slipping the magazine into the gun again. He pulled the slide back loading one shot, dropped the mag and reloaded the last bullet; always a full clip with one in the chamber boys and girls, always. He twisted the weapon in his hand to look it over before slipping it back into it's holster where it belonged.

Thomas looked at Noto when asked if he'd like to explain things, then over to Kate... He couldn't tell if she looked worried or pissed, but he took his chances.

"Walsh had connections, mostly in Canada. Problem is, it be in Windsor, which be just o'er tha river. We can'nae wait too long or Walsh's boss, Mickey O'Reilly, is gonna get wise. Hell, tha bastard probably is already. Nae ta Detroit an' tha Paragons, but ta someone lookin' ta send 'im ta four posts permanently. So, me boys an' Noto done some diggin'..."

He paused there, whether it was for dramatic flair or just to -truly- take a sip of his whiskey like he did, no one could know.

"We found that tha focker drains most 'is money into a private club, some fockin' golf course shite. We also know what he does every marnin' before headin' out ta his club. Which is whar we wanna catch tha fock."

Another sip.

"He meets wit' someone, we assume family - a son or somethin', at tha Pig's Head Tavern about noon daily. That's whar we will finish this Irish Mob shite. Take tha head o' tha snake, an' let tha tail fockin' die. He do'nae run a big crew. Walsh been his only big underboss an, well, yeh seen that yerself."

Thomas downed the rest of his drink before looking back to Kate, "So basically; drive ta Canada, take O'Reilly out fer fish an' a smoke, an' maybe get some new shoes fitted. An' still be home in time fer dinner."

Report Post Tip

Kate folds her arm as she listens to Thomas speak.

"Okay. Sounds like a good plan. But be careful- even more careful than usual. I've got the cops and the local branch of the FBI well paid here in Detroit... but I'm not exactly flush with connections up North. I'm not saying I can't send someone to help you if you get pinched- just saying it'll be harder. So watch your asses- and I'll see you at dinner."

Report Post Tip

Thomas chuckled at Kate's worry, "Oy, Noto. She cares!" He quickly got serious when Kate gave him a look... "Everythin' will be... mostly okay Boss. We will be careful, I give yeh me word."

He looked between Kate and Noto. "I guess we should be gettin' on tha road, John? I mean, thar be two organizations needin' Mr. O'Reilly fitted."

Report Post Tip

"Agreed Mr. OShannon, lets head out." I place my hand on Kate's shoulder before speaking confidently "no worries Ms. Logan, me and Tommy will clean this mess up... then dinner is on me."

I then grab my car keys and make my way through the foyer with Tommy. We hop into my car and get ready to leave. I glance at Tommy and say "ok...lets finish this!"

As the car starts we take off and begin our trip to Canada. "So Tommy tell me... how do we get to this place?, I never been to Canada and you seem to know your way there."

Report Post Tip

Thomas laughed, "I do, I do... I came to Detroit T'ROUGH Canada. First t'ough... Drive ta Corktown. I need ta pick somethin' up." He looked at Noto. "Figure it be best ta grab me favorite machine rifle. Just in case shite does fly." Thomas settled in for the quick ride to Billie's flat where he currently stayed. Once they arrived, he hopped out and looked to Noto, "Be just a moment, lad." He took off running up through the front of the building and vanished, only to come back a few moments later.

He hopped in the car with Noto and slid the Thompson sub-machine gun from under his coat and reached over the seat, setting it in the back. "Okay, now... Do yeh know whar tha Detroit - Windsor tunnel be? Tha's our best bet ta get ta fockin' Canada."

Report Post Tip

As me and Mr. OShannon pass through the Windsor tunnel, everything was going smoothly. We got to the end of the tunnel and that was were things got a little bumpy. Standing at the end of the tunnel was boarder control.

"Oh fuck!...Tommy up ahead, boarder control. You know how to talk to these assholes?."

Glancing around the car while approaching the man slowly, I spot the gun Tommy placed in the backseat.

"Better hide that thing or were both fucked!".

Report Post Tip

Thomas was already on it before Noto had even begin to freak. He slid out of his coat casually and, leaning over the back seat, he laid the coat out nicely to cover the Thompson gun. He returned to his seat and proceeded to pull out his smokes, before looking to Noto and putting them away again. He remembered over-hearing Noto had kicked the habit and didn't want to smoke in his car. That would be cruel.

"Tá, John. Nae worries here. Everythin' is gonna be fine."

As the two came to a stop, the guard approached them and stood next to Noto's door.

"Good mornin' gentlemen. What be the meanin' of today's visit? Business, pleasure?"

Thomas reached over and slapped Noto's chest, "It be me mate's anniversary taday, boyo! He been widowed fer two years! God bless tha cunt's soul. I'm tryin' ta get 'im out fer tha day, take 'im ta see some tits, yeh know what I mean?"

The two shared a small laugh at Noto's expense, but the guard then straightened up and looked to Thomas, then Noto.

"Do you boys have your paperwork to cross?"

Thomas waved the man over to his side as he reached in his jacket for his wallet, "Aye, o'er here boyo."

The guard moved around the vehicle and Thomas rolled his window down, handing him something. The man looked between Noto and Thomas before handing whatever it was back. "I want no trouble, gentlemen. I have a wife and three kids to get home to. Tonight is my oldest's birthday."

Thomas chuckled, "Nae worry lad..." He opened his wallet and handed the man a few rolled bills, "Dinner an' a present... On tha RA. Fer yer cooperation wit' our...pleasure trip."

The guards eyes widened and he greedily took the money, shaking Thomas' hand and running back to the gate to open it and wave them through.

Thomas looked at John with a smirk, sticking his wallet back into his Jacket. "Well, are yeh just gonna sit there? Or can we get ta tha tits now, John?" He laughed.

Report Post Tip

Staying calm and collective, I continue into Canada soon as Thomas gets his sentence out. "If I have known bribing was an option I would have just threw it out the window and kept going." I say with humor.

"Well if we don't shoot this asshole right away dinner is on me." I continue to drive and take in all the sights I had never seen before.

"Ok Tommy, got any idea where this place is?."

Report Post Tip

Laughing, Thomas looked at Noto, "It was'nae bribery, boyo... That yeh seen, was fear. Tae Canadians here don'ae be too keen on upsettin' me organization. An' occasionally we can use that ta our advantage." With a grin Thomas pointed up ahead, "Just keep drivin' farward, lad. Tha tavern be in tha center o' town. Somewhar on Ouellette Avenue... Which should be just a few blocks o'er west."

Report Post Tip

Driving west a few blocks, we manage to reach Ouellette. Making our way down the road, we stumble across the only eatery on the road so I assumed we had arrived. I pull into the parking lot and pull into a space. I grab my colt 1911 and check to make sure I'm loaded and ready to go. Tucking the gun away I look to Tommy.

"Well Tom, time to end this! Remember to watch your fire with that behemoth of a machine gun, an lets choose our shot wisely ok?."

Report Post Tip

Thomas left the machine gun in the back as he stepped out, "Only brought it fer tha drive home." He turned towards the vehicle and leaned in to pull out his Colt 1911 as well, and slipped the suppressor from his other pocket to attach it. Checking the magazine, he then slid the gun back into it's holster and followed Noto in.

"We be early... I say we cozy ourselves up to tha bar tender an' have a few drinks."

He stepped in front of Noto and grabbed the door, "After you, Mr. Noto." Thomas bowed his head politely.

Report Post Tip

I backhand Thomas in the stomach, while jokingly replying "aren't you a comedian."

Me and Mr. OShannon make our way through the door, we head straight for the bar. Taking a seat the bar keep walks over to us and says "what are we having gentlemen?". I speak up and order a beer as I did not want to drink any hard liquor due to the fact we were doing an important job. I look to Tommy who was checking out a Canadian broad at the table behind us.

I tap Tom on the shoulder, "what are you drinking?."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: John and Tom's Excellent Adventure!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL