Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 13:27:41
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Godfathers and Godmothers Started by: BrotherHec on Nov 22, '16 02:06

Im not trying to beat the drum of equal rights or anything ha but i am just curious if we can have something that at the beginning when you create your character you choose their gender.

Its weird seeing Deces and Senza and i am sure soon Tellerium and KateLogan reach the ranks of Godfather and be called that. 

Just a thought. Perhaps its been posed before. 

Report Post Tip

Given the nostalgia of the rank, I'd vote negatron. Think this has been tried before tbh.

Report Post Tip

I mean... it's a rank, not a gender assignment. Yes it has the word 'father' at the end of it but that's not saying the person in question is male, in the same way that the rank in the army 'Corporal' which has 'oral' at the end of it doesn't mean the person in question is a mouth.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Also if you don't agree at all with what I just said - just to add, if you start down this route where does it stop? People don't just roleplay as humans on this game, should all of those potential eventualities be covered too? I have a feeling this would end up being ridiculous, and it wouldn't add anything at all to the game other than some weird rank names at the end of it.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea, BrotherHec, and I was a Godmother once upon a time. But I think "Godfather" is a good standard. I mean, we're not going to change "Made Man" to "Made Woman" or "Wise Guy" to "Wise Gal". So, for my two cents, I'm perfectly content with leaving it as "Godfather" moving forward.

Report Post Tip

The rank has been around before, and I wouldn't mind seeing it restored.  If you've made it long enough to earn the title, being given the option to choose between the two isn't really asking a lot. 

Report Post Tip

Since this is a Mafia based game, I think I'm comfortable with the way it is right now. No need coming up with the gender ish here.

Report Post Tip

I have to agree that the term is a Rank, not a description of the person and as such the gender isn't implied. This has been brought up a handful of times and results in the same discussion tbh, where it often gets agreed that the title is simply a rank.

Report Post Tip

Well historically speaking Godmother is an actual rank received in organized crime. If you look at the cocaine cowboys, a Netflix documentary, you will see that. I'm not personally attached to the idea I just think overall if women play this game and reach that rank but we call them godmother in the streets it just appears so weird.

Personally I'm completely content with it staying how it is already but I don't believe it hurts to pose the thought. 

Report Post Tip

Why not allow the person that hits that rank to name it whatever they want to? Not all ranks, just that one rank, or maybe more so the Godfather - Chairman. Its a mammoth effort, could add to the prestige and allow this debate to be put to bed once and for all. So allow GFC the choice to rename the GF and GFC ranks for only their city. We only really hear of female criminals at this top level being called something unique anyways: http://listverse.com/2014/09/12/10-of-the-richest-and-most-powerful-female-crime-lords-ever/

Report Post Tip

The rank is a genderless title, much like human.  I'm sure we could make some happy by removing all references to human and adding a user selectable human or huwoman.  But now since we offer a choice, we alienate other people who do not fit into two neat distinct gender categories. By the time we are done, we have spent an enormous amount of time and end up *still* alienating someone.  We've gone through and removed as many references to gender as possible from the game, but I just don't feel comfortable renaming ranks.  I would rather offer every single possible choice, or none at all.  Only one of these answers is feasible :/

Report Post Tip
Male, female, other.
I would love a GodOther... Or a GodOtter!
Report Post Tip

MavisBeacon - https://funnystuff.today/wp-content/uploads/hello.jpg

Report Post Tip

I don't think it matters in my opinion

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Godfathers and Godmothers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL