Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:54:17
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Fall of the Fort Started by: Deimne on Apr 21, '10 14:43

Sancho, you're full of shit. How can Deimne initiate a "discussion" if the person responsible doesn't man up to the mistakes. FP tried to sweep it under the rug and got caught red handed.

"Deimne would not have sent out the mail asking for a witness statement if he knew who took the shot." OK, but then somebody stepped forward with the info. What to do then?

"There was no other mail sent to FP or to DLS regarding the incident." Like Is aid before, do you want NY to give theor attackers a heads up that they are on to them? If LA had such a good relationship with NY then why did the acting GF try to sneak this one up under their noses?

"Had Deimne confronted FP about the shot, FP would have confessed and accepted the consequences." Unless you are the son of FP himself you are absolutely talking out of your ass and should just crawl back under the rock just came out of. IF you ARE FP's son, then it's sad that FP didn't have the honor to do the right thing and man up to his mistake.

"Let's just be honest about what communication there was. One mass mail asking for a witness statement. That's all."
What the fuck else is needed????

"And if someone is asking for a WS, that suggests they do not know who the killer was." OK, so after the WS is found (Wow! I wonder how the fuck they DID find it, since all they did was just ask for the WS so they know nothing about the killer... oh, wait, navermind) what do you expect? Another mass mail saying "Yoo Hooooo!! We found the WS and we are expecting the killer to step forwaaaaard!!! We see youuuu..." Idiot!

"It is a bit unrealistic to expect a murderer to suddenly develop a guilty conscience" Why do I even waste my breath? You won't even understand anything about all that will be said to you in here... It's not about guilty conscience. It's about not risking an entire city for a mistake you made.

WastedLife, I am really sorry for your loss, I really am. You say that FP would have taken his death like a man (I assume you mean by DLS' gun) yet he wasn't "man" enough to step up when the WS was asked for.

I ask Deimne and perhaps other city leaders to analize the following scenario. This is what I would have expected given the circumstances and I am wondering how you would have acted had you been in that situation (either in DLS' or Deimne's shoes).

The clock is ticking and one HAS to assume (just to be on the safe side) that the WS will be found. If DLS was so busy, how about take the shot and send a brief message explaining the shot. Or not even a message. I'm thinking that if I'm in Deimne's shoes, I know FP is the killer and then I see FP "randomly" falling, would I not think it was his own GF taking care of business and suddenly my capacity to wait for a reply grows immmensly since now I know I'm just waiting for an explanation rather than a punishment or an attack on my own city?

Report Post Tip

Give me peace. A godfather of a city knows, or should know, fine well the magnitude of shooting another city's made man and the consequences of those actions, which you also know become far more serious if there's a chance the other city already have the W/S. If you're busy, fair enough, but surely you engage NY and come forth with a quick "We cocked up, I'm busy right now, but we'll iron it out ASAP and I've HQed the shooter" type response. Not just sit on it until you are ready to explain why it's been hidden. I wouldn't call shooting a made man, then trying to hide it "the slightest provocation" either, certainly not when the shooter is the RH to the city. Heaven forbid that we mafioso actually start acting like mobsters and not a social network. The call was made to sit on the shot and it was rumbled. There is no right or wrong, only what you can get away with. It was tried and it failed. FP took the risk and if the W/S hadn't come forth then it'd have been a great call. It wasn't though, and I think FP will have known the consequences of trying to hide it full well. Some you win, some you lose. You say: "FP would have died for his mistake, and he'd have taken it like a man when he did, but no, instead you dismiss months of loyalty and friendship of DLS as irrelevant." No, that's what would have likely happened had FP stepped up with an admission, or even what might've happened had you cleared it up quicker as opposed to sitting on it. However, the minute you go down the route you guys did, you open yourselves up to attack. There is no reason at all that Deimne, despite your history in NY, should come forth and let you know that he knows who it was. That is the risk you take when you sit on it in the face of knowing they're looking for it. If you didn't have the W/S yourselves, you knew there was a chance it'd turn up.

Give me peace, WastedLife. A godfather of a city knows, or should know, fine well the magnitude of shooting another city's made man and the consequences of those actions, which you also know become far more serious if there's a chance the other city already have the W/S. If you're busy, fair enough, but surely you engage NY and come forth with a quick "We cocked up, I'm busy right now, but we'll iron it out ASAP and I've HQed the shooter" type response. Not just sit on it until you are ready to explain why it's been hidden.

I wouldn't call shooting a made man, then trying to hide it "the slightest provocation" either, certainly not when the shooter is the RH to the city and it's being hidden. Heaven forbid that we mafioso actually start acting like mobsters and not a social network. The call was made to sit on the shot and it was rumbled. There is no right or wrong, only what you can get away with. It was tried and it failed. FP took the risk and if the W/S hadn't come forth then it'd have been a great call. It wasn't though, and I think FP will have known the consequences of trying to hide it full well. Some you win, some you lose.

You say:

"FP would have died for his mistake, and he'd have taken it like a man when he did, but no, instead you dismiss months of loyalty and friendship of DLS as irrelevant."

No, that's what would have likely happened had FP stepped up with an admission, or even what might've happened had you cleared it up quicker as opposed to sitting on it. Who knows. However, the minute you go down the route you guys did, you open yourselves up to attack. There is no reason at all that Deimne, despite your history in NY, should come forth and let you know that he knows who it was. That is the risk you take when you sit on it in the face of knowing they're looking for it. If you didn't have the W/S yourselves, you knew there was a chance it'd turn up.

Report Post Tip

Shocking echo on these streets I tell you.

Report Post Tip

WastedLife your argument has no basis, nor do your comments here. As CrazyNine has stated there is no reason why DLS couldn't have taken FlyingPig out the minute she knew what had happened. Obviously she did if she was in the middle of replying to Deimne when the other world took her away, knowing how our life works. She was obviously aware that FlyingPigs life was forfeit so why wait?

Knowing that she would have to keep Deimne waiting even longer than he already had while FlyingPig had sat by watching and waiting it would have been in her best interests to deal with FlyingPig. I'm sure had that happen Deimne wouldn't have been so quick to send LA to their graves.

Now this talk of it being a 1 off mistake, yes it probably was. But for one such as FlyingPig to make such a mistake is unforgivable. FlyingPig's line pretty much wrote the rule book when it comes to being a hitter. Check your targets and then double check them to be sure.

As for being disappointed, this made me giggle a little. Be disappointed yeah, but not in Deimne, he took the only course of action that was available to him. Your disappointment should lay at the now dead feet of FlyingPig, his action, his mistake his fault everyone died.

Report Post Tip

Dissapointed in what wasted life?That Diemne was looking for the man that murdered a made man in New York.That he was actually showing he cared about his city?Be dissapointed if you shall it does'nt really matter.The fact is he made a mistake sure everyone there is friends ect.Again doube or triple checking might have helped mistakes happend though.But in the end of the day it's the mafia.Sometimes you have to do some things like that and if you can't you are in the wrong business and show weakness.

Report Post Tip

"FlyingPig would have..."

"Deimne could have..."

"Maybe if Deimne would have..."

Should have, could have, would have. Let's just drop that shit right now because it's meaningless and, instead, deal with the facts. Deimne sees one of his Made Men fall and begins an investigation by sending out the heads of all the cities a request for a witness statement. Eventually he gets his witness statement and finds that his mail requesting that statement actually went to the killer himself. Deimne knows the killer is aware he is being sought out and that he's experienced enough to know that there's a good chance the witness statement will end up in Deimne's hands. Deimne notices the killer's Godfather is around and gives them two hours to give him ANY kind of response and he receives none.

At this point Deimne has a decision to make. Is the killer just hoping he can ride it out and not have a witness statement turn up? Are the killer and his Godfather just being slow in drafting some kind of response? Or do the killer and his Godfather feel that war is now inevitable and are planning a preemptive strike on New York? Deimne being a man who puts his city and it's well being ahead of his personal relationships is not going to sit around any longer and possibly let another city get the jump on New York.

DirtyLittleSekrit could have sent some kind communication. If she was too busy elsewhere then FlyingPig could have done it himself. I don't know if it would have changed what happened. But one thing I can say for sure is that any claim that "FlyingPig would have done the stand up thing" is worthless rhetoric. The fact is he didn't.

Report Post Tip

From all of this, I hope one lesson was learned:

Look, before you shoot. 

Lack of sleep is no excuse. If you're that tired, go to sleep.  If DLS was incapacitated by outside matters, then FP should have handled the matter himself. I mean his job was to handle all business for his boss in her absense, at least that's how I understand the Right Hand's job to be. 

Even if it was his own business, someone from LA should have come forward immediately.  I don't blame Godfather Deimne one bit for what he did.  In fact, I applaud him for giving LA so much time to get their poop in a group.  If I were in his shoes, I would not have given them 2 hours to come forward.  20 minutes maybe, but not 2 hours.  So in that case, Deimne was very generious.  

I am sad to see DLS and her families fall.   She was a great leader & if she was handling outside business at the time, I lay the blood of the fallen at the feet of FP. 

Report Post Tip

Chuck listens intently to the speech of the Godfather of New York and to others who bring in more discussions and others responding to it. Many agrees and put their two cents in Deimne's side, others who are new to the streets probably the sons and daughters of the fallen members of angel city are ofcourse a little (or more) upset to the destiny of their parents.

The fact that Los Angeles has fallen because of the Right Hand of the late Godfather DLS helps us to realize that if we are (or already) set up a shop and a crew we must really choose our hands critically and analytically. It is not because the man has a very good reputation on messing in the streets, have a huge skills at shooting and his bloodlines are known in Cosa Nostra is deserving to be a hand. Just like FlyingPig here the main cause of LA's apocalypse. He should also have the guts to accept his mistake and died with it accordingly. Another lesson in this war, or was it a war?..I can call it a slaughter.

Chuck sighs and get his head up and pray to the innocent who had fallen.

Report Post Tip

As I see in this thing of ours one idiots mistakes can lead an entire city to get crushed.

It is a sad day for LA.

I would give my life for my city not hide behind it and watch them get slaughtered because of me.

Especially the sleeping noobies.

Report Post Tip

Heaven forbid that we mafiosi are allowed lives outside of this thing of ours, that DLS was in the middle of replying to your message when her son fell and hurt himself is seemingly irrelevant to you.

It is 100% irrelevant to me. FlyingPig made the decision not to take responsibility for the move and instead hope it never got found out. I'm not saying I don't understand the call, given the odds he had of it being burried, it was a calculated risk that he choose to make. I understand how and why he made it, but given the risks involved, it was 100% the wrong call.

As for matters 'outside this thing of ours'. If outside matters are that pressing that a godfather doesn't have time to let me know that the shooter has been found, that it will be dealt with and that they need a little time for things to free up so they can approach me ("I have the shooter here. Gimme 10, we need to chat :(" would have been just fine).. then I'd suggest that they shouldn't have had time to join in conversations in public coffee shops. When I'm aware that they have time to chat, yet choose to ignore me.. they've made a terrible call and another horrid mistake to add to the now ever expanding list.

The slightest provocation and you're all too ready to go and wipe out an entire city. 

The sligtest provocation? Please. A godfathers right hand man kills one of my made members, he makes the decision to try and hide it, a man with the position and the power to send his entire city into war doing all these things.... and that's a 'slight provocation'? Dear god, if that's the case, every other war I've ever fought has been done with zero provocation at all. The same can be said for every war ever fought in the future by anyone. When a man with that position makes the decisions he made, that is about the clearest possible provocation for war you can get!

Bravo, Diemne. Bravo.

I'd have expected better than sarcasm being tagged onto what is already a very weak defence, but I'll roll with the punches here.

Thank you, thank you. I do try.

I thought you were different, I thought you were a "top dog" not likely to succumb to the paranoia and bullshit that others have in the past. Seems I was wrong.

This one baffles me! Paranoia? Ehhh, it's not paranoia when it has happened, you know it has happened and it's 100% in the hands of other people. Seems I was wrong. I had nothing but the utmost respect for DLS as a leader. I had confidence that her decisions on who to put in positions of power would be the right ones. Didn't quite go to plan there.

Yes, FP should have dealt with this, of course he fucking should, but to those trying to make out like it was anything other than a 1-off mistake, clearly you don't know the man. Some retard earlier tried to imply that LA as a whole were behind it, and that one random Made Man was the start of our attack. Really? Asshat.

So if you agree that FP was 100% out of order, why are you trying to suggest that I was in the wrong? That I was being paranoid? That this was bullshit?

As for a '1-off mistake'... shooting a made man, mistake. Not admitting to it, mistake. His boss not taking a brief moment to let me know that it had happened, mistake. Mistakes soon add up. To be honest, some mistakes are just beyond forgiveness. Shooting the wrong target, potentially understandable. Deciding to hope it never turns up, never.

Shit happens, none of us are perfect. FP would have died for his mistake, and he'd have taken it like a man when he did, but no, instead you dismiss months of loyalty and friendship of DLS as irrelevant. You assume the worst and at the slightest drop of a hat end the lives of as many people as you can.

FP should have died for his mistake. Saying he would have, not exactly painting you in the right here. When he choose to ignore me, when you never made any contact with me what so ever in regards to it, friendship is totally irrelevant. This thing of ours is about family, not friends. For you, or anyone, to believe they'll get a 'free pass' due to friendship is sadly mistaken. I've killed many friends in the past. I'm sure I'll kill many more in the future. This is part of our way of life and if someone can't accept that, they're in the wrong line of work.

I assume the worst? I didn't assume anything. I found out who did it. I gave him time to own up to the mistake. He choose not to. He made the decisions here. He assumed he could get away with it. He put his own life above the lives of as many people as he could. Trying to lay blame on anyone other than DLS or FlyingPig is absurd given the situation here.

I'm not angry, I'm disappointed.

I'm very disappointed. LA had a chance to make a massive impact on this thing of ours. So many great members with so much potential. To see it all thrown away due to a silly shot, followed by a selfish decision and poor calls from the highest authorities in the city... I'm not angry, I'm very disappointed.

Report Post Tip

to my mind, there was only one course of action. godfather deimne took it. i applaud him, not only for being decisive, but also for being willing to give the killer every chance to own up to his mistake. end of opinion.

as i'm sure others would agree, the only shame of this is for the young mafioso's who could have gone far but may never get to learn the joys of this thing of ours. it is always a shame when the young mobsters die and it is not their fault. but that is the way of la cosa nostra.

Report Post Tip

Well, ralph, if they don't have the kind of testicular fortitude in their family line to come back and try to prove that they're better then their predecessors then fuck them. They don't deserve the joys of this life style. We aren't nurse maids. We're mobsters.

Report Post Tip

Liz walks humbly amongst the crowd, listening to every words that is said. Some she takes whole heartedly, some she dismisses, not from disrespect but from pure astonishment. As a gangster, speaking to such a crowd is both intimidating and empowering. Liz did not intend on letting her identity known, but these streets have a way of drawing her out. She takes a deep breath, holds up her mothers diary and speaks.

I've heard what everyone of you had to say. Godfather Deimne, I have no ill feelings for my mothers demise. My mother knew your actions must have been inevitable. I have not spoken to FPs kin personally, I only know what was said here, in these streets, and to be perfectly honest, I'm so stunned on how everything went down, I don't want to elaborate on the details.

Being a leader means you look out for EVERYONE, from a gangster to Don, and I don't care if some of you don't agree. Looking out for your own ass, and being in the position you are in, you know very damn well your actions will reflect on the city in a whole. Flying Pig was an ass, and I don't care if my words get me killed, but this time it would be for a reason. My mother could not protect her 33 beloved members but she did everything she could. She did not cry for herself that night, she cried for her crew.

Being completely wiped out, just like that, like blowing the flame from a long burning candle, because of one mans cowardice pisses me off. Yeah, you heard me right, cowardice!

Liz tosses -Lana-s diary to the side and faces the crowd.

My mother taught me everything she knew, and believe me, if she is looking down from the heavens and hears me now, she would come down and take me back with her. I'm not her, I say what I think, and I'm pissed off.

I am Liz, the product of hard work, dedication, untimely death and resentment. However, my mother raised me right, and I will go on and honor her memory.

Report Post Tip

We have all seen it, or in time you will see it -

The upper structure in a family making a mistake, leading to the downfall of the entire family. This is nothing new, as you represent your family and your city, for good or bad until death.

A lot of hard work and good mobsters lost over a mistaken shot, but if it was you who got mistakenly shot.... What a feeling, to watch your city have your back and revenge come swift. It does not replace your life, but if blood is your thing.. you wont get much closer to revenge.

Report Post Tip

Steps out of the gathered crowd and starts to speak…

I don’t have a lot to say other then what other people have already mentioned, but even to play devils advocate and look at things from FPs side yeah he did fuck up and he new it, which is good he should have dealt with it himself, instead of taking a hole city with him. My fathers have not known FPs family line to be like this in there defense even though there was many a time they didn’t see eye to eye or fight for the same side.

As Denime said mistakes will be made, in my opinion how you deal with them shows some true colors. This is just my two cents of course, defiantly is not the first and wont be the last it happens, unfortunately.

On the flip side, everyone should be held accountable for their actions no matter who they are, even if that one happens to be your own. To be blunt, the hole take down could have been avoided with one bullet have things been taken care of differently. But sometimes the worst even strikes the best.

Rest in peace to all the fallen.

Steps back into the crowd and disappears…

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fall of the Fort
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL