Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:40:09
Page:  1 
The Recruitment. Started by: CanisLupus on Apr 22, '10 10:47

Canislupus was a young man. He'd spent most of his life in Philadelphia, where his father Beowulf called home in the later years of his life. Canislupus had learned a lot from his father, he grew up constantly being schooled about honor, respect and silence. He'd learned about what it means to be in a crew, or "Pack" as his father called it. His father was a character, always claiming he was a direct descendent of Fenris the wolf god -- something Canislupus had taken to doing as a kind of family tradition if nothing else.

His father had retired from the life, not wanting Canislupus to end up in it -- but things had changed. Beowulf had died and Canisluups was left without real purpose, everything he had learned was about being a pack leader, a wolf amongst sheep...and spending his life as a sheep had gotten old. So he found his way to New York and had spent every night this week in a mob bar, hoping to meet up with some Wise Guys.

He was on his third drink when a man walked up and took a seat next to him, "I'm Phelix, but people call me 'The Sphinx' around here." He looked to the bartender who quickly brought him a round, and after a sip he continued, "We've been noticing you hanging around quite a bit, you a friend of ours?"

Canislupus shakes his head slowly, "Not me, I'm just around hoping to make some friends."

The Sphinx chuckles a bit, "What's your name, kid?"

The Canislupus finishes off his drink, "I am Canislupus Beowulfson from Philly" The Sphinx was giving him a look so he added, "I just wanted to come see where he got his start is all."

This drew an amazed stare for a few seconds before The Sphinx laughed, "Bull shit! Little Canislupus is way too young to be you." He gave the kid another look before shaking his head, "Forget about it, get out of here" He said, waving the kid to the door. "Go on, get"

Canislupus took a deep breath and mumbled to himself, "Mock not the boar in his lair" and standing he nodded respectfully to Phelix and began to leave before he felt a grip on his arm like a vice, he turned and looked back to Phelix.

"What did you just say? You calling me a boar?"

Canislupus remained calm and made no quick motions, "No Sir, Sphinx, it's just an expression that means don't bo..."

"I know what it means" Phelix the Sphinx interjected quickly, "Only one guy I ever knew walked around saying things like that..." He thought for a second then inclined his head to the back, "Follow me..."

Canislupus wasn't sure at this point if he was getting wacked or just going to get a beating, but he knew he must have screwed up. They stepped into the back room where a group of well dressed wise guys were all reporting to someone who was apparently high ranked. Phelix the Sphinx led him in and said, "Godfather Deimne, I think you should meet this guy. He's a friend of mine -- Name's Canislupus."

That was enough for the Godfather to wave his hand for the guys around him to shut up for a minute and he scrutinized the kid carefully, "Canislupus what?"

"Canislupus Beowulfson" The Sphinx added with a hint of humor, as if it were an inside joke -- "He's from Philly"

The Godfather raised an eyebrow and motioned to a chair at the table, "Have a seat kid, next to my friend SpaceMountain...lets talk about your future..."

(More to come, perhaps, in the mafia life of Canislupus)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Recruitment.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL