Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:02:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Are Some Rules Meant to be Broken? Started by: Richard_Kuklinski on Apr 24, '10 10:44

*approaches with shades on and hat low*

How about you take a couple of shots sniff up some lines, and come to me, with some info on this guy. Then we can get it sorted out ASAP

Report Post Tip

* stepheno picks up on a conversation that happened some time ago and decides to interject *

Please forgive me for bringing this conversation up again, but I felt that this is pertinent.  It seems that even Kuklinski was, at one point, affected by those who could be described as attention seeking rogues, vagabonds and cads.  Perhaps this conversation indicates that people can change - from good to bad and from bad to good.

The young person (-48) that Kuklinski spoke of has a bloodline that has been spotted near these shores - and he's apparently keeping quiet about his past.  Good for him. 

It made me think though - what happens in a man's life that makes him angry, mischevious or bitter?

* StephenO sips a brandy as he starts to talk to others at the bar *

Report Post Tip

It amuses me when I see someone take a rule set by a mafia Boss and try to use that rule against a Boss.  It's a pretty simple concept: those who make the rules can break the rules.

Report Post Tip

Sirs, no matter if you have a valid point or not, it's pretty disheartening to see anyone give this family line anymore air time than is deserving! It's a sad stat of affairs when you choose a subject like this over anything relevant that we have in the streets. I had to build up anykind of interest yo even stomach a reply. I beg you to please leave this subject were it belongs and bring life to current issues that currently affect our world at present!

Report Post Tip

Alf, given that StephenO and Richard both enjoy a sip of Brandy in identical fashion, one could wonder if they are indeed related. Alas, this could be the main point of regurgitating this old piece of "news". Maybe said person thought that by drawing such an obvious link to Richard Kuklinski it would spark some form of hatred toward him and end in his death and give him something new to moan about?

Personally, I agree with your stance. This bloodline has had its time, its shown its true colours and most around these streets wouldn't bother to urinate on them if they were on fire. So, I shall continue walking along the road and forget that I ever heard any mention of them again.

Report Post Tip

Sorry, Alf, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and bash someone just for the sake of bashing them. Whether this topic is rehashed or not, I don't see much else in the streets which sparks my interest. This topic is at least thought provoking.

I'm no fan of the Kuklinski line, but it is rather ironic when you talk about the disheartening feeling it gives you seeing him being given air time, and yet if you look at the street speakers of the last few months, it is this bloodline which has received, by far, the most attention. Whether the attention is positive or negative, it stimulates interest and provokes responses. I have not see anyone else in recent history, short of the Mighty Chuckle, receive anywhere close to this amount of attention for their street speaking endeavors. Without his occasional attention whoring, all we would be left with is auth announcements and boring stories.

Report Post Tip

This is last reply i will dignify this very old and unimportant speech ith and in fact you eddie. Wether you want to jump on the band wagon or not all you are doing is simply glorifying this bloodline. When you decided to spray this utter crap back onto our streets you then, in my eyes fully endorse this lines behavior and therefore i loose all interest in it and in you.

Granted, in more recent times the activity that has come from this line has been the only one that has given life to the streets but isnt that the point, there is plenty of issues and speeches that could have been addressed i really don't see the necessity to bring up such an overrated and over discussed subject, no matter of what line this original speech was from, if you felt the need to address the public with an issue surrounding this, then i suggest you kill two birds with one stone and actually address the masses your self, that way it brings new life to the streets plus you get to air your concerns.

Report Post Tip

I'm not sure what behavior you suggest I am endorsing, much less how my commenting on a neutral subject endorses the behavior of a persona non gratis who is actually several generations removed from the original speaker, or even how I am "spraying utter crap back onto our streets". It was not me who picked up this flyer and posted it back up on a light pole.

I know you are done commenting here, but you sure picked a confusing way to make your departure.

Report Post Tip

It is quite obvious to myself, that the said charactor, Alf-The-Mouth chooses to go from speech to speech concerning the Kuklinski bloodline, and says the same rhetoric comments as he has stated above. Alf my sir, drop it. If you disagree, dislike, or disapprove of Mr.Kuklinski's bloodline, then carry on about with your business. This was a conversation on the opposing sides of killing and not killing -48's. Not a conversation about how the Kuklinski bloodline is a fuck up. So please, carry on.

He tips his hat, turns about with his coal colored cane and walks slowly away enjoying the sunshine

Report Post Tip

* Estebano picks up a half full glass of brandy and starts to talk *

My father, StephenO, was shot head not long after this conversation took place.  However, it was a case of mistaken identity and not linked to the discussion here.  I miss him, but it was a tragedy - one that should be forgotten about. 

Back to the discussion.  My own thoughts are that every bloodline can redeem themself - especially in times of war.  When a potentially suicidal mission arises, it is up to the son of the disgraced to volunteer - through such actions, past mistakes are erased.

Report Post Tip

generally rules were never meant to be broken, however the last few years i have found more and more often idle threats have been made via posters or general conversation.  It is quite disheartening to see something that is supposed to be kept secret, being blabbed about with X does this, Y did that, i will bitchslap Q's mom coz R is  bitch plotting a war on C and it often looks like a childs playground.

We have underground groups with as much secrecy as what colour my underwear is when i come out of a brothel, and to be honest i think rules are not there to be broken, but bent slightly.  I do believe rules and attitudes change with time as at the end of the day we are supposed to be advancing, working to something bigger instead of a miserable state where people dont want to come on the streets.

Half the battle is, you can say many things, it is how you say the, thats the difference between a bullet between the eyes and a pat on the back.  I honestly think sometimes if an under 48 hour old on these shores decides to take certain actions or attitudes to others then of course they should be willing to take punishment for it, however i do not want everyone who feels slighted by another running round shooting at every newcomer to the shore.

Report Post Tip

I feel bloodlines can redeem themselves, but you only get so many chances. Also, posting in this thread is clearly a health hazard.

WhereAmI covers his mouth,

Lead poison is running rampant in these parts and I hope that those interested in this subject will start a new speech elsewhere.

Report Post Tip

In all sincerity, I think that it was a tragic mistake - people can talk here without fear of reprisal.  It's not a controvertial subject

Report Post Tip

It's not the subject that's controvertial at all, its the original speaker you've chosen. Many people have brought this discussion up and you went far back into the past to find this particular one. It's very suspicious that you chose this particular one and I'm simply asking we move on to avoid any more unnecessary bloodshed from the heated debates that surround that name which started this particular thread.

At the very least I ask all Detroit members to please stay clear of this thread as it seems to be an attempt to stir up controversy.

WhereAmI hands Estebano a bottle of brandy,

I'm simply asking you to move this elsewhere to cast away all suspicions on potential motive behind bringing this particular thread to our attention.

Report Post Tip

WAI, I brought it up because the Captian (sic) has been sighted.  I'm sure RK's children hold no grudges against him - why would he?

Captian hated RK (before everyone did).  People change - it's a fact of life. 

Estebano accepts the bottle and pours two glasses

Who will sup with me?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are Some Rules Meant to be Broken?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL