Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 06:36:15
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Browser notifications for timers Started by: enkindle on Dec 30, '16 01:00

A new option for each timer to pop up a more friendly browser notification has been added to the Timers Options page. The advantage is that this notification should be visible regardless of if your browser is currently visible and it also does not interrupt what you are currently doing on your computer like alerts do. This option is off by default.

The first time the game tries to display a notification of this sort, your browser will likely ask you if you want to allow it. If you choose to block it, this option will not work, though we will never abuse the notifications to annoy you with other things.

Report Post Tip

Neat and cool addition imo. 

Just something I thought of. 

I believe it would be an extra benefit if you could click the alert, and get "taken" back into the MR page. 

Thanks! :)

Report Post Tip

Martin_Thorborg, I'm looking into what the notifications are capable of. Unfortunately, it looks like most browsers only support showing a line of text and a small image, not sure it will tell when it's been clicked or anything.

Report Post Tip

Alright, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure whether it was possible or not since I didn't look too much into it. I just hoped it was possible somehow :)

I simply thought a link could somehow be integrated into the textbox itself (or something like that)

The new feature is still cool though and it doesn't take much effort to click back to the browser(Or tab) anyway imo :)

Report Post Tip

Martin_Thorborg, looks like all up to date browsers besides IE support telling the code when the notification is clicked. I did my best to make it bring MR to the front and close the notification when it's clicked. Though different browsers may not work because of anti-popup measures. Seems to work in Chrome though.

Report Post Tip

Thank you once again for the quick reply. 

So far it works perfectly the way I imagined it. I tested it when minimizing the browser and when I was at other tabs.

I was using chrome as you mentioned and in my case it worked perfectly. Thanks a lot! A very convenient addition :)

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Browser notifications for timers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL