Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 17:47:22
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Info Skill - Building And Decay Started by: Squishy on Apr 27, '10 02:33

The info skill is the exact opposite of the stealth skill.  Having info enables you to be more aware of your surroundings, and thus, see more people in your locals as an example.

Simply put - if you have more info then they do stealth, you see them.

You get info skill from your activities in the streets/business districts.  The more activities you do, the more info you get.  Prior to this change, your reward was not as good, nor did it last as long.  Now the rewards for your info promoting activities lasts longer, and then tapers off to 0 over time.

Street Activities = Builds info in all cities temporarily. (on a very short and limited basis)

Business District Activities = Builds info in that particular city temporarily. (on a longer and more hardcore basis)

The info code is written to reward hard work, and shun lazy people.  Half assed attempts will bring half assed rewards :)

The info code is also written to promote activity of others. You get rewarded by other peoples work that is the direct result of your work.

The more time you spend being active doing things in the Streets/Business Districts, the greater the reward.

When a thread reaches a certain amount of time since its birth, it no longer can provide any further info, despite how active it is.

Sorry for the above information being vague, but this is one of those things where we can't fully discuss how it all works - its best if the users find/toy/master it on their own.

Report Post Tip

Just as a little fair warning, this is still our first attempt at a rewrite.... We believe the numbers are fair and balanced, however, we wont know until we get some real world data in from the masses to see if any alterations need to be made.  So if your info jumps a little every now and then, it may simply be us fine tuning the code to get it honed into where it should be.  Thank you in advance for your patience!

Report Post Tip

When a thread reaches a certain amount of time since its birth, it no longer can provide any further info, despite how active it is.

Does this apply to the business district also?

Report Post Tip

Yes.  I know this sounds a little counter productive, but it will create a variety of new threads on a regular basis, all of which someone can feel comfortable joining because they are coming in at ground floor.

Report Post Tip

That should probably apply to the Streets, but considering the roleplay context of the business district, perhaps the bonus can be capped but not taken away for businesses that are still active in the BD?

Report Post Tip

You say info built can decay if I am not continuely active when working on my info. But the info level I already have when I first started, can that decay if I dont start to post more? or does the decaying only apply to newly built info skill?

Report Post Tip

Your base is your base, and never changes.  What decays is the bonuses you get from activity.  As that activity ages, you lose what you gain from it.

Example, lets say you get 60 info points from your start up answers, and 1 point from a really nice post you made in Chicago.... you have 61 points... After 20 days, you will still be at 60 from startup, but maybe only .1 point from that really nice post in Chicago

Report Post Tip

Sounds like a perfect change... The direct correlation between stealth and sight is great. Looking forward how it works during its implementation.

Report Post Tip

This sounds like a very useful change, I shall have to put it to use!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Info Skill - Building And Decay
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL