Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 03:42:44
Page:  1 
Beware The Troll Started by: SweetNothings on Jan 20, '17 21:51
Yup. That's right, trolls. You may be saying to yourself, is this woman for real? Trolls don't exist, anymore than vampires, fairy's or orks! I am here to tell you that they do indeed exist!

You will find these people lurking in darks corners of this world. Sure they may look just like you and me, however, they have certain characteristics that set them apart and I am sure many will agree, their behaviour is as ugly as you can imagine a troll might be.

Trolls have different motives. Many of the more common garden trolls are those whose kin have come to these shores after the recent death of a loved one. Full of anger, they feel they need to say their piece. Grief is a powerful motivator and can blind these poor souls and although they may garner support from other orphans, many are clueless about what they are ranting about, such is there pain and blindness to reality. Often times, these blighted beings throw themselves off bridges or in front of trains, unable to handle life any longer. 'Tis sad to be sure.

It doesn't stop there though, good people. Nay, there are uglier more snarly trolls than these low levellers. I'm talking about the periodic troll. Gracing our shores, they head straight for the streets bringing a news account of recent events, claiming that THEY were instrumental in the recent wars when in fact, they have been hiding in their bedrooms the whole time, waiting for an opportunity to lash out with their conspiracy theories. I have to say, I enjoy these a lot.
Finally, my favourite. The type of troll that you can almost count on weekly. These people tend to hold a grudge and they ain't afraid to show it! Largely consisting of inane one line gibberish, they seem to neither care nor acknowledge their sycophantic ideals! These people often tend to mail their perceived antagonists but cant handle the return banter and will promptly ignore you cos they have no clue how to debate. As much as I enjoy these, I have to question their mental health. Besides, they definitely peak my amusement.

I have found that all these folks for sure meet the description of troll here. Please, tell me if you see my point or indeed argue with me if you don't. But I ask you, the greater community, do you see what I see? Can you argue or add to my knowledge?
Report Post Tip

I always wanted to be a troll... Can anybody give me the perfect guide to study, before becoming one?

Report Post Tip

Ahhh yes, I definitely recognise much of what you mention here Sweets. 

Whether it's the attention seeking trolls, always looking to stir up drama regardless of the cause or results, or the purely evil trolls, who get their kicks crazy things like helping old people or minding young children... I've no idea what the hell that's all about... we can see trolls around every corner if we look hard enough.

The old saying has always been don't feed the trolls. I've always questioned this. Why is food so important to trolls? Is it like with mogwai where we're not meant to feed them after midnight? Maybe if we didn't feed them these people would be productive members of our society. We could convert them from helping old ladies to knocking over the local bank, like any self respecting person should do. So, the question then becomes, are we really dealing with trolls or are we actually dealing with gremlins? The answers are there, we just need to look.... and switch to a whiskey diet.

Report Post Tip

The thing with trolls is that where they are all ugly, some may speak the truth. Small brain capacity and limited verbal skills make that their offered arguments are easily swept aside or dismissed as emotional or idiotic chatter.

The ones that seek the public often don’t have the full picture or are blinded by their emotions to the other side of the story. That makes for a draw of attention that we could all do without, although it’s okay that it happens. It would be interesting though to have people take effort to show us the other side of every story. That would give insights and spark debate. Sure, no dead will rise from the grave with these extra insights, but it would simply put things in perspective.

But where a lot of trolls are lunatic, there are those who tell a message that may be heard although there approach to that message is completely wrong. Take the common garden trolls you mentioned in the light of recent events. We can dismiss them all as disgruntled idiots when they make claims of betrayal, but let’s be honest. None of the standing leaders will be nominated for a Nobel prize for Peace, or get an Award for Ethical Business Competition. And that’s okay really, because we aren’t in that business.

Our world is a strange place of hardened organised crime where we pretend to have some utopian society where ruthless competitors live happily next to each other. Well, at some point our true identity will show and people will get hurt. With an apparent focus on longevity we become prone to getting killed by those we thought we could trust. Accusations from kin can be very true, but that doesn’t mean the ‘evil-doers’ were wrong in their choices. The play just finished and some react more quick and efficient to reality than others.

As long as things are substantial and respectful I like to hear less-popular opinions. Preferably in a way that allows for a proper conversation and that's where trolls usually lack sadly. But other than that, the debatable message adds spice to our streets and that's something I enjoy seeing.

Report Post Tip

Jaryll. only massage I hear is mad bastards hold togetha till the end, but are all bastards crazy to do their part of the game god gave them the opportunity to do at some time or another? Betrayals are many, friends are few. At some point of time you don't have many targets, at some other you have too many. It's all about minds and spirits...

Report Post Tip

DesireeKaira is lurking from the shadows

I think that more than anything they are attention seekers. They will stop if you ignore them. They are performers and without an audience they become nothing.

Report Post Tip
Lord just happens to be around, overhearing sweet and Desiree talking.

"Point on Desiree. Couldn't have said it any better."
Report Post Tip

Constantine just happens to be stalking Meme_Lord as he happens to be around, overhearing sweet and Desiree talking. After Lord said his encouraging words, Constantine flicked a card into the street, aiming for the group from a shadowy spot somewhere. The card misses the group and lands in a puddle, face up. It begins to float about on the small watery pool, showing the Joker as the card that was flicked.

"They ain't aces, or kings or queens. Just jokers. Fun to some, usable to others, yet usually discarded.." the voice says. If you followed a trail of smoke you could probably find this prick, leaning up against and behind a nearby pole.

Report Post Tip

After listening to Sweet's speech, Disorder thought for a while and listened before joining in.

"I've wondered about this myself. Its a fascinating psychology these creatures possess. It would appear for the most part, they have common ground in their family history. Usually one or two incidents of a better performing family member being cut down for seemingly unjust reasons. This is then followed by failure by successive generations in attempts to regain a similar standing. After a while the line becomes bitter and disillusioned, resorting to increasing periods of low rank abuse throwing from the safety of a masked name. 

Some turn it around and try again, make a fresh start and try in earnest to forge a new suture. It takes work of course but I have seen it done. Couple of examples are thriving and well respected these days.

In one or two other cases the name is not hidden, or the style of speech so obvious as to broadcast the speaker's lineage. These people slip so far down the hole they have no choice but to develop a perverse relish for the universal condemnation they receive. This can damn the person to being stuck in the worst kind of rut. They appear to love it but I fear its only in the same way the mentally damaged appear to enjoy self harm. 

Even then though, I think it can be rectified with a prolonged period of sustained effort. An enormous amount of opposition and hostility will have to be endured but eventually, even the worst cases could see their name repaired."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Beware The Troll
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL