Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 17:19:25
Page:  1 
Don't call them rock cakes! Started by: Anteros on Jan 22, '17 08:46

It had been a busy night, cleaning up and making good the HQ it had been an all hands on deck job, it had united this little group of previous homeless and hungry mobsters....there had been singing, there had been wine and beer and there had been many a story told of parents and loss...it had been a long night...but the HQ looked good.

As they settled down to rest the conversation was electric with business ideas and ways these mobsters wanted to better themselves and the district...CookieSandwich was already baking as practice for a bakery she wanted to open, the results were an opportunity to develop further in the skills required....we have all learnt very quickly that what she makes is scones or biscuits NOT called rock cakes ever! Gabriel had already lost a tooth to these non rock cakes but was humble enough to say nothing...

There was a lively discussion about who will operate 'facilities' to suit all tastes at the Abusement Park and it appeared every possible need would be catered for! She gazed out of the window onto the beach listening to the friendly arguments over who will do what to see people alone and sleeping rough, something had to be done.

She goes to her desk and writes a note:

Please help yourselves to these scones and cookies, fill your bellies, be kind to your teeth and then pick yourself up, dust yourself off and come and get to work! We have plenty that needs doing here at the Abusement Park. You will receive shelter and food and if you prove yourself a hard worker a home too.

She picked up a basket and filled it with rock....scones and cookies hoping she had picked the regular ones and not the 'special' ones...placed the note on the top and walked onto the beach leaving the basket in what appeared to be the middle of the sleeping homeless...

Report Post Tip

Stephan walked down the streets, cursing his luck. Out of work again. Suddenly, the smell of raspberry scones came floating through the air. Sighing with hunger, he followed the smell to find..... A basket of pastries in the middle of a gaggle of homeless people. Stepping carefully past as many as he could, he grabbed several and retreated, holding the note that was left with the basket.

"A job, huh? Ok, let's do it." He said to himself, chewing the scones determinedly. He sat down on the stoop, suddenly feeling very strange. Is that an orange moose? Now it's tap dancing. Huh. Good scones.

Report Post Tip

Due to a unforeseen accident with some rather tough 'rock' cakes. Gabriel was just making his way back to the new HQ from an emergency Dental visit. Couldn't be a Right Hand with a missing front tooth. Wouldn't be so bad if it was because of a fight but a cake! He would never live that one down

Just as he was walking along the beach he could see the Abusement park off in the distance. He loved having the HQ on the beach front, such a refreshing spot. Still needed a lot of work though. Talking of work he'd noticed a large homeless community outside earlier.

"I wonder if anything had been done about them yet? If not, well i guess i should be really"

As he got closer to the Park and the homeless he noticed a basket of cakes that the crowd were now very much tucking into. Gabriel hoped that CookieStealer had improved her baking skills, they might end up not just be homeless!!!

One individual in particular caught his eye, he had grabbed some scones and was reading a note with them, he then proceeded to sit down and begin munching them. By the time Gabriel got to him though, he was muttering away to himself..

"Job..With an Orange Moose....oh nice dancing can i join in"

Ut Oh, it looks like some of the special party cakes may of been in the basket

Well it will brighting up there days.

"Now hello Sir, among'st your ramblings you mentioned a job, perhaps i can help you with that and maybe we can tap dance into this building with your Orange Moose and discuss it a little further"

Report Post Tip

Stumbling outta a bar Doc combs his mustache takes a swig of his drink and keeps on walking until he is aroused by a sweet smell of blueberry scones in the distance. Doc suddenly loosens his tie and following the smell until he sees the basket of pastries. It seemed alittle sketchy tho as the pastries were in between a group of homeless people. He walks carefully up to the pastries being polite to the homeless as he squeezes between them one by one. He finally picks one scones up the texture was tougher then he thought "huh rock cakes?" He giggles to himself then begins to carry on his night. He notices a note attached to the scone.  

"a job huh? i'll be your huckleberry" he doesn't know if hes still drunk or these scones are so goddamn good he starts to see a orange moose. "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds

Report Post Tip

CS woke up from a nice slumber in The Abusement Park. Of course, it was never quiet there, but she had gotten used to it. All that noise, singing and screaming from the orgie-... no. There was no time to think anymore.

All morning, she had been busy baking scones and cookies for the homeless people. Originally, it was her own idea to set up that bakery, but it seemed that her boss, Anteros , would like to give them to the homeless for free. Like always, CS just could not say no. Well, not to her. She knew what would happen if she did. 

Finally, CS found some time to look around and went through the crowd of homeless people to find the basket. It was not empty yet - there were still some scones left.

All of a sudden, she heard someone say 'orange moose'. She turned to Stephan and Doc_Holiday - both of them had eaten a scone. 

"Did you guys find my moose?!" she exclaimed and grabbed one of her scones. "I have been looking for him for such a long time... I wonder where he's been..."

She took a bite of the scone and saw something orange on her right side. While the taste of the rock cake disgusted her, she turned around to see him. Alive.

"Bruce!!! You are alive!" 

CS ran towards him and hugged him tightly. He was, as usual, calmer than everyone she had ever known, and she enjoyed being back in his company.

Report Post Tip

Stephen watched the reunion with a tear in his eye. It was beautiful, it really was. He took another bite of his Shenanigan Scone*, and draped his arm over the shoulder of a nearby penguin. Interestingly enough, it was also orange.

*Patent Pending

Report Post Tip

Wraak slowly regains consciousness.Were am I, and how the hell did I end up herehe asks himself.

As his eyes finally comes into focus he realizes that his is lying on his side on a beach. He tries to sit up, but his head is pounding so badly that he lies back down. After a couple of minutes he tries again, and manages to sit up. As he slowly looks around, he notices a large crowd of homeless people lying on the beach around him.  

He again asks himself.What the hell happened”. Just then he notices CookieSandwich running towards an orange moose.

Then it hits him like a rock cake between the eyes. It started with CookieSandwich’s cookies and scones. He remembered having at least a dozen of her speciality cookies, and then everything goes a bit blurry. Except for a vivid image of him and Bruce galloping down the beach chasing a penguin.

Report Post Tip

After gaining the necessary planning permission to extend the HQ she had realised a few things over the last few hours...firstly that it was mainly the ladies that had done the hard lifting and shifting and building work and that the guys in the crew were remarkable good at making tea and coffee! It had worked and everyone had fallen into a quiet acceptance of the unusual gender role reversal.

She had also seen some unusual activity on the beach from the HQ window, faces tell a thousand words and she knew the scones were horrid without the need to hear the words from the homeless, but what followed seemed to be some kind of game that involved chasing imaginary animals....what was interesting is the collective effort to chase these 'penguins' and an 'orange moose'.

Sadly CookieSandwich felt proud of the empty basket they had collected earlier that day and had already baked a fresh batch. When some began playing cricket in the HQ using the scone as the ball her temper could not be contained and what followed was a bun fight resulting in a black eye for @Huehuecoyoti and a direct knee cap scone hit for poor Stephan.

She liked to observe people and had learnt a lesson. It seemed some after eating the scones had decided the note was edible too....she went to her desk and carefully wrote 10 identical notes again.

Please help yourselves to these scones and cookies, fill your bellies, be kind to your teeth and then pick yourself up, dust yourself off and come and get to work! We have plenty that needs doing here at the Abusement Park. You will receive shelter and food and if you prove yourself a hard worker a home too.

She reluctantly filled the basked with the rock hard scones and placed all the notes inside and asked Wraak he if would mind taking a little trip onto the beach to deliver the goodies...

Report Post Tip

But now the problem of the rock hard scones was solve with the arrival of Gene Gene the baking machine. When he was in the slammer he had spent time working in the kitchen and met a lifer named Francisco who was a terrific baker. He taught him the secret of great scones, don't handle the dough much, just enough to gather it together. Make the liquid a little sticky. And  also a secret ingredient a few crumbled up potato chips. Now Gene's new crew won't have to worry about chipping their teeth anymore.

Report Post Tip

Black eyed Huehuecoyotl had heared from limping Stephan of Gregos's semi-famous dough and decided to go all in.. He walked Ilene to the beach and tried to ignore the dancing people.. He let Ilene rest at the beachfront, she was tired from hopping over the sand.

Here, dear, if you are thirsty, drink the ocean.. There may be some oxolotls in to eat!

Huehuecoyotl was looking to find one of the last of CookieSandwich's muffins rocks, he needed to meet Bruce as well!

Report Post Tip

Swaliny was just walking down the street when she sam the amusement park. She had always found it an interesting place. She used to know the boss so she went over there to say hi and catch up a bit. As she approaches the HQ she starts to see a crowd of homeless people laying on the beach. She was so confused when she saw cookiesandwich hugging something. She didn't see what. After looking around she sam anteros talking to wraak. She didn't know what to do until she saw the basket full of scones. She took a bite of one of the scones before seeing the note. 

oh, this is for the people who want work. They are still delicious tho. 

Suddenly she saw an orange moose. She decided to go appoligize to anteros for stealing her scones. She tried to get anteros' attention. As she turned around swaliny said:

sorry anteros forbothering you, but i was in the neighbourhood and decided to come and say hi when i saw the scones. I ate one before noticing the note. I didn't know. I'm sorry.

Report Post Tip

She smiled looking out of window onto the beach, where sad and lonely people had once lingered it was now buzzing with people dancing and happy hugs and chats with Bruce the Moose....the injury level from CookieSandwich attempts at baking were slowly dropping which could only be a good thing and she was proud of how the whole family had worked together to substitute occasionally her dough for Gregos lovely family recipe. It had taken some organising but they were managing to distract her and switch it about half the time and this was good enough.

She noticed a young lady she vaguely recognised shouting sorry followed shortly by a shout of 'BRUCE!!! I can see him!! It's true, this scones are amazing!!'

She also noticed her clutching at her jaw as she chewed on the what was left too...

Even Ilene seemed relaxed, she guessed Huehuecoyotl had actually remembered to bloody well feed her for once! She spotted him with a glint in his eye shimmy his way over to the young lady with the sore jaw and say 'I will be your Bruce baby'. She rolled her eyes and turned to go and get through a pile of paperwork as she knew exactly how this move from him would play out....

Report Post Tip

Due to all of the commotion, Medux was drawn to the HQ when he came upon the sight of all the homeless individuals. "What the.." It seemed as though they were crowding/surrounding something. Medux stood there and watched before his curiosity getting the best of him and walking over to investigate. He watched the others make rukus about a 'Bruce' and orange colored animals but looked around and saw none. "They must be on some good stu-" Just as he was about to finish his sentence, the sweet aroma of the baked goods came across his face. "Oh..my.." He looked in the direction of the smell and layed his gaze upon the basket of baked goods. "That's why the homeless people are here..? Huh." He looked around before making his way to the basket,slightly nudging past the homeless. After reaching it, He noticed the note about the job and picked up a scone. "A job huh..?" He bit into the scone before devouring it in a matter of seconds. He then started to stumble around a bit as he started his trip. "W-Whoa..These are some good scones.." He fell on his butt before noticing the orange moose. "No..way." He rubbed his eyes before looking at the moose again. "Well then." He then looked back at the job paper and looked around. "This seems interesting."

Report Post Tip

Ayakari was walking around feeling a little bit of needing to sit down, she saw this weird place, wondering what it was, she walked in, seeing people in there eating.

It wasn't exactly a resturant, it looked more like a cafe, she could they looked a little disorentated, she decided she was just going to grab a cookie.

she she walked over to the bar and grabbed a cookie, and was looking for water, she took a bite of the cookie, devouring it, she chomped down a few more cookies feeling hungry, she kept looking for the water.

walking around, she started feeling weird, she wanted to know what the hell was in that cookie, as she started walking more, she started to walk along side of the wall, seeing that room was moving, and it seemed to weird sided, she could feel the sweat moving down her, man she was starting to get scared, she couldnt find the water, her mouth felt like cotton.

She walked right into the wall falling backwards, she closed her eyes, feeling her head pounding, she could heart heart beat in her ears.

she turned over on her baxk, feeling one of the ceiling fan's breezes on her face, she layed, shutting her eyes, she closed her eyes, wondering if she could sleep it off, she would probably have weird dreams but she would do it, so she closed her eyes, and dozed off.

Report Post Tip

Seeing another poor soul drop from the cookie effect, she turned and sighed as only Huehuecoyotl was within earshot and as usual doing fuck all except singing in the HQ.

Huey another one needs bringing in please, be nice to this one and leave the bloody woman with some dignity - the others have not liked that you removed their clothing before doing your special tucking them into the HQ sick bed for fucks sake!

Report Post Tip

walking along the beach feeling the sand squish between my toes and the power of the waves against my thighs hearing the sound of singing over the rise as i approach there are all sorts of people dancing and sing i dance my with them until i'm all out of breath plop down on the beach as my breathing settles down i notice a basket of pastries with a note about a job Abousement Park that's around the bend getting up grabbing a pastry as i head around the bend to require about that job i finish off the pastry as i arrive at the main entrance that first step was a dozy my head started spinning and with the next step i find myself crashing to the floor on my ass with a orange moose laughing at me literally in my face forcing myself up to my feet i chased that orange moose until i run smack into a penguin knocking me want's again onto my bruised ass waking up tucked into this bed blinking in my surroundings 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Don't call them rock cakes!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL