Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 22:18:38
Page:  1 
Aspie says . Started by: GiovanniaTorrio on Jan 23, '17 23:31

She walks into the streets with her head high and and a spark in her eyes. She clears her throat and begins.

This will be short . This is kind of IC and OOC. As it happened in both.  Not sure this is the correct place.

So a bunch of people are really proud of themselves, patting themselves on their backs and pea cocking around. Why? Because they got one over on a person who has Asperger syndrome. One really good thing about those of us that call ourselves Aspies is we are honest, but this is some what false we can only be honest when the information we are fed is truth. As we take things quite literally sometimes.

Now I think the biggest thing I did wrong was not inform people that I have Asperger syndrome.

In hindsight I probably should have told ever CL I had, but I only told a couple. At least they would have known how to deal with me. There is a misconceived idea that those of us with this syndrome are stupid , we are not. We just take people for their word, and their actions.

An Aspie's logic is this if you don't respect me, why should I respect you.

Saying something like” go ahead and pp her even is she will mug you. She is a woman she will like it.” Is a great example of disrespect, when that is said why should I have respect or even like that person, or anyone who supports that idea? When someone tries to get me to do something and I say No, then they continue to try and convince me otherwise, like some predatory rapist. Why should I show them respect?

So this Aspie politely says:

FUCK OFF

P.S. I will forever wear  my tag AspiessaysFuckoff so you people will always remember that you are petty.

Report Post Tip

Raises his brow in confusion, he can't help but shake his head and laugh at the randomness he has just heard. Doing what he does best, Ezreal takes a deep breathe before replying...

"You belong in a museum!"

Report Post Tip
Caesar watched incredulously from the window of his car as the woman on the street went on rambling about something that sounded like "Assburger's Syndrome", whatever the fuck that was. He had a few friends who worked in the medical industry, but none of them had ever mentioned such a disorder, not even the kinky shrink he used to visit (that fucker used to keep looking at Caesar's ass pointedly).

Muttering to himself about nutters and junkies, he speeds away from the scene towards the local bar. He needed a metric FUCKTON of Scotch to deal with all the shit he just heard.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Perhaps you're in the wrong line of work...you're surrounded by criminals...liars and thieves. And face it...this is the 1930's, women aren't equal to men.

And to infer that every person with a specific medical condition displays a certain personality trait is simply erroneous. I'm sure there are plenty of Asperger's folk out there that aren't honest.

Report Post Tip

Really ? Do your own  research don't expect every detail handed to yo.

Here I will give a place to start your research.

University of Maryland Medical center

Report Post Tip
Say I'm a CL, Should I be expected to research every person for every possible disorder? This is a mafia game, and while there is a ton of handholding with newbies (as there should be) I wouldn't cater everything to them.
Report Post Tip

It is not about catering . It is about being educated on how to deal with the way people think. I already said that I should have told every CL I am an Aspie, but people either attack us like many of you have saying it is not real , or people pity us. So Aspie says Fuck off. Fuck the pity and fuck  the subjugation.

The ones I have told I have also provided literature to for them to their their own research.

You know I only been in two decent crews my whole year here, My first one was Black Rock that leader knew also was Project Valkyrie that leader took the time also.

A good Cl knows how their people think and how to communicate to each and everyone. A good leader takes the time to do this.

Report Post Tip
That's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. While I do respect your disorder and I'm sure there are ways that are better at handling things than others I think you're going way over the top. I've had a severely crippling anxiety disorder my whole life. I don't bring it here, it's absolutely affected my gameplay but I don't blame it or ask my crew leaders to learn about it to deal with me

Since this whole ridiculous thing seems ok. Anxiety says fuck off
Report Post Tip

oooohhhh I have bitten my tongue every since reading this original post...I maybe shot down in flames here but anyway....

This is the fucking mafia - not real life. Many come here as a way to escape the confines of RL and do not feel the need to bring that to a forum.

This is a text based communication game that can get heated, if you don't like that or your personal circumstances make that a challenge don't play! There are other games out there.

I cannot abide a victim mentality.

Be creative ffs! So you have something unique about you - bring it to the game, weave it into your character. This is what this thing is all about standing out for what and who you are.

Reinhardt much respect for your post, for your honesty and for not using it as an excuse for anything here.

Own yourself and your limits, embrace them, learn to work within them - even use them but not like this. I will choose not to get too personal about my stuff but we all have challenges some are crippling beyond words either physically or mentally - do the MR community owe those people something and are required to respond / behave differently - no they do not! Be a strong survivor of all that life throws at you not a victim feeling the world owes you something.

I sound harsh I know, I understand you have a condition. I do not need to educate myself on your life / expectations / experience on here though. Maybe the education gap lies with you?

I think you're going way over the top.

That is something we Aspies hear a lot and one of the worse things you can say. It indicates that you have no compassion, as well  as your lack of willingness to understand. 

it's absolutely affected my gameplay but I don't blame

I am not placing blame. Simply trying to educate those of you who are ignorant (which simply means the act of not knowing).  

Anxiety yes I am sure has affected your game, but you can not compare it to  being Autistic. You have flares ups and triggers that cause those anxiety flares up. I am always An Aspie the issues are always there, with flare  ups much like anxiety has triggers.

Report Post Tip

You know don't even bother responding to this anymore.

There is no difference in preaching to the choir and staying silent.

My last words: Educate don't Subjugate.

Report Post Tip
You can fuck right off with the flare ups like its a part time thing. I'll forgive you though, I suppose you're just ignorant about it. It really just seems like you wanted to get on a high horse. I'm extremely sympathetic to you but all of what you've said here is ridiculous and you discredit yourself more and more every time you post.

To be fair, I realize that certain things do affect people a certain way. I know before that I never always dealt with my chronic pain condition in the best of ways. On some of my off days I do tend to give my CLs a heads up and most are respectful of it.

But with this, it is a game. Yes we do have to communicate with each other to some degree but it does take being straight with the people you are talking to about certain things if they affect you that much. We are all supposed to be adults right?

So for instance, perhaps I am having a really bad pain day, to the point where I am going to come across as grumpy or pissed off but I am not really. I'd probably let people know (whomever I am speaking to at the time) that I may come across this way, but that I do not mean to. They can point it out to me and I can do my best to rectify the situation.

You can't blame everyone for the way they play this game though. Some will lie to you. Some will be straight with you when its convenient for them and some are just point blank honest. There is nothing in the rules that states they have to be honest people. You just need to figure out the people you can stand, and try to work for them.

Report Post Tip
Alright, now that this is in OOC, I would like to respectfully point out that Asperger's wasn't a thing till the 1990s, and that women in the 1930s did indeed have a lot more rights than they did pre-World War 1, they were still considered second class when compared to men. I have got nothing against people with this disorder. Indeed, some of my most amazing friends have it, and they are super talented when it comes to art, literature, music, and even mathematics.

However, when such a disorder is taken to a text-based game and used to garner unwarranted self importance, it turns the environment very toxic. I believe that your CL should do everything in his/her power to make you feel included and comfortable, so you can have an enjoyable experience here just like everyone else, but please refrain from flaunting it as a badge of honour, especially in the Streets, where everyone is IC.

boo fucking whoooo

Report Post Tip

Sigh

While I deal with a lot of friends and close relatives with a lot of different disorders none of them EXPECT to be treated any differently than anyone else. In fact most of them would find special treatment as an insult. I have certain conditions with myself as well but nothing medical or as serious as yours, but if I did then I wouldn't want anyone to treat me any differently than they would a person who has absolutely nothing wrong with them.

So really think about it, would you really want someone to handle you delicately and different from how they would everyone else? I doubt that you would get it anyway especially here, where you're far from the only person who has a medical condition affecting them. You can also think about that as well.

Report Post Tip
I like the whole 'Aspie politely says fuck off' part. Classic. I need that on a t-shirt. Or maybe something more like - 'Asshole politely says something not so polite cause they are pissed off, or something, or whatevs, or wtf is even going on here?'. Yeah, I like mine better.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Aspie says .
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL