Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:21:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A night for adventure Started by: Daniella on Jan 24, '17 02:47

When PrettyBoyFloyd pulled the car up to the meet up spot, everyone was quick to jump out. Daniella saw two of her former crew mates from the Academy there, Rubix and Kakuzu, ready to start working. Dezi and Viral were quick to greet them and make friends, which Daniella was happy to see. She had only had her crew going for a short time but she loved to see the comradery that was already forming between not just her own members, but hers and those of the Academy. She spent a few moments lost in her own thoughts about their upcoming job before she realized that her team was getting anxious and she was wasting time.

Climbing out of the car, Daniella approached the group with a smile. “Hey guys, I seemed to lose track of time there for a minute. Sorry about that.” She called them all together to recap the plan and to make sure their two new teammates knew what they were doing. “Ok, so our target is a new painting that’s being kept in a back office before going on display tomorrow. It’s worth millions and I’ve already identified a buyer. PrettyBoyFloyd is the primary getaway driver, the painting can go in his car when we get it out.” She said when because in her mind, there was no chance of failure. They had to get this painting. Kakuzu, you and Rubix can head out in your car, we’ll leave in opposite directions so that if anyone is following they’ll have to choose which one of us to follow. Dezi, you’re going to stay near the guard’s office and keep an eye on him for us; if he stirs you’ll have to distract him or get rid of him, quietly. Rubix, maybe you can help Dezi? You can probably get to us fastest if the guard does wake up and give us a warning. Kakuzu, you can come with me and Viral to get the painting itself.” Daniella looked around to confirm there were no other questions.

“Ok, if we’re ready, the back door should be open for us.” She pulled out a piece of paper she had with her, a rough sketch of a map that laid out their route on the inside, with some key places labeled. She led the group, minus their getaway driver, up the street and to the backside of the rather large building in front of them. There was only one door in the back, a light mounted on the wall illuminating it in the dark. From a distance it didn’t appear to be open, which made Daniella nervous. What if her contact had forgotten to leave the door open? Or if it had been noticed and shut before they arrived? That would certainly make things a lot more difficult; they’d have to take the time to pick the lock and hoped it work.

Glancing around to ensure no one was in the area, she walked up to the door and bit her bottom lip, pulling the handle. When the door easily opened, she couldn’t help but let out a deep sigh of relief. Seems they had tapped the door so that it would close but not latch – she’d need to remember to put a little extra in their pocket next time she saw that. Putting a finger to her lips to signal the group to be quiet, she headed into the building, keeping her fingers crossed that everything would go well for them. 

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu follows Daniella's lead slowly, he slides the gun out from under his jacket as he wanted to keep it out so the group doesn't get surprised by anything or he needs the weapon for a quick knockout incase the watchman catches them in the act, though just being inside of the gallery gave Kakuzu a shocking vibe, guessing it the was the anxiety kicking in, though it's nothing a little money can fix, though would one person put so much trust into a man for an inside job? For all he knew, the group may end up getting backstabbed, cops swarming in or the watchman setting traps for the group so they can get end up getting caught. But with progress tells time.

"Don't know why put so much trust into a person for an inside job. They could've set us up by now." Kakuzu said quietly as the group moved through the hallway with quiet steps but fast haste. Kakuzu would be in his own type of hurry as well with a job being pulled off at night, knowing this watchman may not even be skilled in anything rather than walking and observing but sometimes even observing someone means you learn a thing or two about their true intentions. Just like when you study someone and you gain information about them, most people use it against someone to their advantage as a type of fear. But, this was different.

Kakuzu cautiously watched the gallery as the group progressed through to find the painting, he kept checking his side for any hallways or watched any doors they were about to come upon, the watchman could be enjoying a blissful nap or be walking around to he may sneak up on the group, even though everyone can cover their tracks sometimes even the best people make mistakes. Some that may end up proving some grave danger, with each step the foot progressed into finding the painting.

"Where is this painting.." Kakuzu said quietly, not even being as loud enough to attract attention.

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu was in the car with Rubix, thinking about the plan. It was almost 2:00 AM. He was getting really tired, and Rubix already was snoring. Then, looking at the rear-view mirror he saw a matte black car approaching right behind. "What the bloody hell..." he said quietly. He wondered who it must be driving around here so late. He'd sworn he and the others were the only ones out here. And there is barely any one out here in the city so late. He stepped out of the car to meet a fairly tall man wearing a formal suit and a top hat. The mysterious man lights up his cigar in his mouth. "Well well well, isn't it Kazuku..." Kazuku was very confused. "Who the hell are you?!" "I'm Vito, you may have heard of me." "Oh yeah, that dude from The Royal Assasins.." "Got that right." "Well what do you want from me? HERE! TAKE MY MONEY!" Kazuku said as he saw the man's handgun in it's holster. "Hah!" Vito said laughing. "You think i'm here to wack you or something? If that was it then you would have been dead right now!" Vito continues to laugh. "Anyways, i've heard you and your crew wanna steal an expensive painting from this museum" He says, pointing to the large building in front of them. "So.. i'm here to help you guys. You see... i'm a top criminal, dangerous and experience, i'm sure y'all will need me" "I guess we would need your help..." "Then i've come to the right place. I'll help y'all, but on one condition... 40% cut goes to me... got it?" "Well, talk to our leader..." And so... Daniella and the rest show up, greeting the stranger.

Report Post Tip

It was a beautiful night out, you could see the moonlight bounce off the shiny Cadillac. Charles pulled up a few blocks away from the museum, just so he wouldn't attract any attention. The gang continued on foot towards the museum, and Charles would drive the car into position as discussed. He parked on the side of the museum, right next to the back exit. Charles looked over his shoulder and grabbed the Tommygun from the backseat, and put it right next to him under the passenger seat. "Just in case." he said to himself with a grin.

It was rather quiet outside, not much traffic around here this time of the night. "Nothing to do now but wait." he said, as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. Every now and then an occasional pedestrian would stroll by, but nothing to worry about. Charles was calm and relaxed at first, however the wait turned out to be more nerve wracking than he initially thought. After a while, minutes would start to feel like hours. And in his mind each civilian that walked by could easily be a cop. "What is taking them so long?" "Did something go wrong?" "Charles, stop worrying so much, everything is fine." "You just make sure you do your job, and keep your eyes open." The conversation he was having with himself went on like this for a while.

Suddenly he heard a loud tap on the window. His first reaction was to reach for his gun, but when he turned his head to the right he recognized the uniform. It was a police officer signalling to roll the window down. Charles scooched over to the passenger seat and rolled the window down. "Evening officer." he said with a fabricated smile. "Mind telling me what you're doing here this late?" the officer asked while shining a flash light directly into Charles's face. "I'm waiting for a friend of mine. He should be back here any minute." Charles said. "Alright, make sure to move this vehicle. You are not allowed to park here." the officer said. "Will do sir. Have a nice night" Charles said with another fabricated smile, that quickly turned into a devious look as soon as the officer turned his back to him and walked away.  

Charles figured he would just drive to the front of the museum, and park it back in the same position as soon as the officer left. But as he turned the engine on he noticed the officer walked towards the front of the museum. Charles drove slowly behind him towards the front of the museum, trying to keep an eye on the officer. The officer walked towards the front entrance of the museum. It looked like he was pulling on the door handle, making sure the front entrance was locked. He put his hand on the glass trying to look inside, while shining his flashlight. Suddenly the officer looked like he was spooked by something. He must have seen something inside. The officer ran down the steps of the front entrance, and he seemed to be in a hurry. Was he going to call for help? Charles knew he couldn't let that happen. He quickly got out of the car and tried to get the police officer's attention. "Officer, hold up! I need some help. I have a flat tire." Charles shouted, as he caught up with the officer. "Not now kid, I have to call in a robbery in progress. I have to get to that police call box over there" the officer said, as he pointed to a call box further down the street. The officer turned around, and was about to take off. "Of course officer, let me help you with that." Charles said, as he grabbed his Colt M1911 from inside his coat and wacked the officer over the back of the head with it. The officer was out cold. Charles dragged his unconscious body into an alley behind a dumpster.

Charles looked around to see if anyone had caught him in the act. But luckily the street was as good as empty this time of the night. He quickly ran back towards his car and parked it in the same position on the side of the museum. "They haven't come out yet, thank god." he said to himself. The cop surely must have identified his face, if that knock on his head didn't scramble his brains. Unfortunately he couldn't execute the officer on sight, and risk a gunshot being heard and blow the mission. Looked like he surely would end up on the FBI wanted list sooner or later.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Dezi followed behind Daniella slowly creeping into the rear of the building. Seeing the dimly lite lights towards the middle of the building where there was a double door followed with a couple of lights heading into what i would assume was according to what was recited on the map, was the beginning of the exhibition and show room of the art museum. Dezi slowly crept along the storage room which had stacks of supplies and moving equipment stuffed inbetween palletized boxes  and lifts. Dezi held up her gun and cocked it for anything that was comming her way.  She kept moving a few.. then stopping and then listening for any other movements besides the steps and shuffles of everyone else that is comming with us. So far the coast was clear.. least she hoped. 

"The guards station and patrol should be very somewhat close by" I whisper to Daniella and Rubix who was trailing toe-to-toe. Daniella nodded in agreement and that soon it could be time for us to take a detour and hopefully get a good , high vantage point in order to keep a good eye on everything, including the area that the painting should be in. Dezi wonders what all or even if we should come up with a 3rd or 4th escape plan if things go bad.. it was way past the point of no return. 

Report Post Tip

The hallway that the group walked down was only dimly lit but emergency lighting, enough that they could avoid stumbling into anything but not enough that they could really see too far ahead. Daniella noticed that Kakuzu seemed a bit nervous, his weapon in his hands. He was right, the person who had given her this information could very well have been leading them into a trap. It wasn’t exactly a trusted friend; she’d made a few well priced bribes every month and been kept abreast of any interesting pieces moving through the museum. When this particular painting had ended up here she’d needed to raise her bribe to get the information but if they got their hands on the painting it would pay off.

Looking at the hand drawn map her hands, Daniella frowned. “Uh….the office is near the center of the museum. It should be locked in there.” She stopped for a moment, swearing she had heard the door open behind them, the way they’d come in. She hesitated for a moment but didn’t hear any footsteps of further noise. PrettyBoyFloyd was on guard outside so she was sure he’d notice if someone was trying to come in the door behind them. Hopefully. Shrugging slightly, she motioned to the others that they should continue and she followed the map towards the center of the museum.

Finally, they came to a split and Dezi whispered that the guard station should be nearby. Nodding in agreement, Daniella looked down at the map once more. “If you and Rubix head off the right, you should find the guard station. There’s only supposed to be one tonight, but be careful. If he’s not in the office he could be patrolling so, you’ll have to keep him away from the office. If anything happens we’ll meet back outside by the car.” Her voice was a low whisper, hopefully not loud enough to attract any attention.

After being sure Dezi and Rubix were on their way, Daniella led the rest of the group towards the Museum Director’s office. She tried the door but it was locked, which wasn’t all together surprising. Pulling a bobby pin out of her hair, she held it up to Kakuzu. “Any good at lock picking?”

Report Post Tip

Rubix was enjoying his late night exploration with his friends from South Side. He realized they were either hunting something or avoiding something because everyone was being very quiet. Daniella spoke Rubix's name and pointed down the right hallway, he peered down the dim-lit corridor and began to make his way down the hallways, his nails clicking on the floor echoed through the halls. *Click* *Click* *Click*

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhh" Daniella had her finger up to her lips which Rubix saw when he looked back. He froze immediately and then slowly lifted his paw and placed it  back on the linoleum silently. She gave a nod and Rubix wagged his tail and carried on. He had almost forgotten that they were hunting something or avoiding something, he needed more clues to figure out what though. Dezi was walking with Rubix which was good because Rubix wasn't sure what was going on. 

The hallway lighting got brighter as they approached an office with glass windows, Dezi got close to the wall to peek around and see if the guard was inside. Rubix continued on to the office and was short enough to pass under the windows undetected. He turned back to look at Dezi who was leaning further and further to look into the office. Intrigued with the contents of the room, Rubix stood on his hind legs and threw his paws on the glass to look inside. Dezi let out a gasp thinking that Rubix just blew the entire operation. Rubix hopped down and walked around the office and made his way inside the open door. Freaking out Dezi turned the corner to see that the office was empty and Rubix was sitting on the guards chair eating the other half of the guards meatball sub. 

"Shit!" Dezi exclaimed realizing the guard was either patrolling or investigating. Grabbing the guards jacket Dezi forced it in Rubix's meatball sauce covered nose, "Sniff him out boy, if he gets close to the crew, distract him. I'll go warn the others". Dezi slipped out the door careful not to touch anything. Rubix licked his nose and sniffed the jacket again, setting off to track down this gentleman with wonderful taste in meatballs. Rubix's friends may be avoiding something but Rubix was hunting something. 

Report Post Tip

As Dezi was hoping that this way, Rubix can help patrol part of the area so that we can hopefully find out where hes at. "Make sure that you come back once you find him" Thinking that  maybe if Rubix finds the others again then least means that to stay alert and that i have not located the guard.. Hopefully!.  

"Well what now" She said as she cursed a couple times under her breath.. where is the guard now.. With Rubix on the prowl she wondered whether she should try to find the guard.. or wait untill i see hindsight on Rubix. Either way, She decided that she'll scout around the vicinity, making sure that hes not around and then foward track a bit to see completely down the area the others were. Making sure to keep the Escape path clear. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Kakuzu stopped and looked at Daniella after she asked if he was good at lock picking. He put his gun away so he can handle the door considering you need to grip something and also handle the pin. He straightened his collar as he put the gun back under his jacket, Kakuzu reached out to grab the bobby pin and start working on the door lock, he slid the pin inside of the key slot and got to work, trusting that Daniella covers his back; with that hoping that the watchman isn't patrolling around and in his office, but there can only be one way to be sure. A warning.

"I got the door. Just cover my back and make sure that watchman doesn't pull a fast one on us. Not like he's trained that good anyway but I should just stop underestimating; as this is a job that can pump one to become nervous." Kakuzu said quietly as he left out a sigh, he just exhaled through his nose as he was maneuvering the bobby pin to pop up the locks that keep the door locked. Kakuzu unlocked the door as he handed the bobby pin back to Daniella, he reached down under his jacket to take the gun again, maneuvering his hand over to the door knob and slowly opening it with his gun aimed. Kakuzu didn't want to get surprised as he aimed around everywhere before opening the door completely to go inside.

Report Post Tip

A summary of sorts, as there had been a clear delay in the story telling and some may be a little lost as to where the different players were scattered.

A group of residents from South Side Chicago are in the process of robbing from a prominent art museum in the area. This particular museum had recently acquired a rather rare and valuable piece of art that was worth millions on the black market; having been given a heads up from an employee of said museum (for a substantial bribe), Don Daniella had recruited a group of individuals to assist her in getting their hands on this piece of art.

PrettyBoyFloyd was their driver and look out. Patrolling the outside of the museum, his job was to ensure no one noticed their break in, no patrols came stooping about and that he was ready to get them out quick once they got the painting It was easy to downplay such a job but it was easily the most important – it didn’t matter if they managed to grab the painting if they had no way to get away with it. On the inside, Rubix the dog and Dezi were in charge of keeping track of the guard. Their intel said there was only one, and normally at this time at night he was napping. When they arrived at the guard’s office however, they had learned that the guard was no asleep – in fact he wasn’t in the office at all. Rubix split from Dezi to try and track down the guard while Dezi stayed behind as lookout. They’d found a meatball sub in the office, maybe the guard had gone to the bathroom?

Or maybe the museum had been smart enough to increase security for the night. After all, this painting was invaluable; not the kind of item that this particular museum often got their hands on. If Dezi spent some time searching around the office, she would find signs of a second guard that was on duty that night. This was likely why the first guard wasn’t sleeping like he normally was; he couldn’t risk looking bad in front of his colleague. This second guard would be something the group wasn’t prepared for and discovery of two guards would certainly be important knowledge for the group.

Daniella and Kakuzu had taken on the task of going to the museum manager’s office, where the painting was locked away tonight before being set to go on display tomorrow. Daniella had given her friend a few bobby pins so he could pick the lock on the door, while she patrolled the hallway keeping an eye out for trouble. She heard the footsteps approaching right as Kakuzu got the door open. She could see he was being cautious about entering the office but there was no time for that; she hurried him inside and carefully closed the door behind them.

She held her breath as the footsteps stopped right in front of the office. She could see a light under the door, likely from a flashlight. Resisting the urge to take a step backwards, she stood perfectly still, hoping Kakuzu would do the same. What was likely only a few seconds seemed to drag out as the guard hesitated in front of the door. Had he heard them? Would he test the door?”

The footsteps moved away from the door now, the light dimming as the guard moved on. She waited until the footsteps faded before letting out a deep breath she’d been holding. Turning to Kakuzu, she smiled and whispered “Let’s get this painting and get out of here.”

Her blue eyes scanned the office that they had entered, looking for a large painting or box that the painting could be in, but she saw nothing. The painting was supposed to be in here....where else could it be?

Finally, her eyes settled on a small painting that was on a bookcase, a big sign hanging below it that read “DO NOT TOUCH.” Really? Could that be it? Could something that small really be worth millions? She nudged Kakuzu and pointed out the painting. “I think that’s it. I thought it’d be bigger.” She shrugged and moved over the bookcase, checking around the painting for any wires or anything before she lifted it from the shelve.

“Let’s fine the others and get out of here.”

Report Post Tip

Kakuzu knew he was running out of the time, just by the way we all had to hurry out of here. He nodded at Daniella as he made his way out from where their came from, the guard sounded closeby but it was a good thing he didn't try the door and check inside otherwise we would have to waste more time being held up, but taking care of him wouldn't take as much time as Kakuzu thought. Leaving the area where the painting was found along with Daniella; he searched around the hallways for any sign of the guard that was patrolling around but nothing seemed to leave off a trail. Kakuzu couldn't hear footsteps either so he must be in some other section of the gallery, hopefully not near anywhere where the rest of the team might be.

"I don't hear the guard anywhere. He might have went somewhere else in the gallery, maybe where everyone else is. Should we go in further or just wait here?" Kakuzu whispered so he wouldn't attract anymore attention.

Report Post Tip

Rubix had been following the smell of meatballs for what seemed to be awhile. He had almost made a full guard lap trailing the shadows left by the flashlight as the guard made his way through the gallery. He had stopped for a few moments outside of an office but kept on his way. Rubix waited for him to round the next corner before making his way down the hallway with the office. He was still treading lightly attempting to not make a sound, placing his full focus in stalking quietly, moving as silently as the shadows the flashlight made. 

All of the sudden the door of the office flew open causing Rubix to nearly collapse. Gaining control again he was able to tell who it was by smell before even looking. It was Daniella and and Kakuzu! Rubix was so excited to see them again that he jumped up onto his hind legs and gave them both a lick, his tail wagging furiously and in danger of knocking over a vase - Daniella was quick to calm Rubix down. "Hey bud, where is Dezi? We need to get out of here now" She whispered to him and gave him a nod. Rubix returned the nod, lifted his nose high into the air and began to sniff. He had found the scent and began to step quietly down the hallway with his nose pressed to the ground following the scent of Dezi which unfortunately was coming from the same direction as the scent of meatballs. He'd have to hurry if he was going to keep Dezi from being found by the Meatball man. 

Report Post Tip

Dezi walking quietly around in the equipment room, waiting to see if anything was stirring in her vicinity, she kept hearing noises coming from the other side of the hall when she seen him;  a somewhat plump and late 30's security guard.. she quickly caught herself on the corner of a pallet of merchandise and darted into the nearby room. She quickly peered from the room, thinking that she was not going to be caught.. Otherwise it could have been a complete disaster! She sighed "Whew, that was close" She whispered when she learned that she was not alone in the room.  "Not now bob, please let me rest just a couple of minutes longer" Dezi Gasped and clasped her hand over her mouth.

Shit shit shit she said to herself.. now what? Two?? How?  She sees a middle-aged gentlemen who looked like they were just waking up from a cat-nap She instantly thought that if he have alerted the other guard, she knew she would more then likely be dead.. or worse.. caught! So she quickly grips the barrel-side of her gun and raises her hands above her head.. grunting as she makes quick and heavy blow to the side of the guard's unprotected skull. He made no sound and went soft at the desk chair. She props him up again against the desk and decides to wait and see if the other security guard comes into her general direction.. but it seems he's busy with the restroom from all the commotion that she is faintly able to hear. 

She hears some rustling and commotion as she sees Rubix popping up from the same corner that the other security guard had came from.. "C'mere boy" she quietly whispered as Rubix pranced to her as he wagged his tail heartily from side to side. "Good boy, where's the others?" 

"We're right here.. C'mon lets go!" I heard Don Daniella say as she and the rest of the group appeared out of the dark and night sky-filled room.  

Dezi motioned to the slumped figure at the desk behind where she was " Don't worry hes out cold.. don't know if its for good or worse though"  she quickly mentioned to the group. 

Report Post Tip

“We’ve got to go find the others,” Daniella whispered back to Kakuzu, motioning down the hall the direction they came. She pushed open the door and was greeted by the excited jumping and licking of a dog. She was startled for a moment but who else would it be but Rubix, just outside the office they had been inside. “Shhhhh boy, where is Dezi? We need to get out of here now.” Rubix calmed after a moment and started leading them down the hall, back towards the guard’s office. Daniella followed quietly, holding the painting carefully and relying on Kakuzu to keep his weapon out and ready just in case they were snuck up on.

They came upon the guard’s office just in time to hear a bit of commotion. A second later and Daniella spotted Dezi standing next to an unconscious guard sitting in a chair. Daniella’s smile was wide and she had to force herself not to laugh. “Good work,” she said, before leading the gang back down the hallway towards the back exit they had used to sneak in.

About halfway down the hall they heard a shout. The unconscious guard had been discovered by his partner. Looking over at the others, Daniella raised an eyebrow – two guards?! She picked up the pace to get them to the back door, hoping she remembered the way. She really hoped that PrettyBoyFloyd was close by, the guard would have certainly sounded the alarm right away and cops were sure to be on site soon. They’d need to get out and get out fast.  She could hear faint footsteps behind them, the guard wouldn't be far behind them. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A night for adventure
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL