Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 08:47:55
Page:  1 
I'm a crew leader. Now what? Started by: FitzChivalry on Jan 30, '17 12:09

Now put in some fucking work. Lead your members, guide them, do what it actually takes to be a crew leader.

There's several things that annoy the shit out of me, one of them being when people piss and moan about the same old bloodlines setting up to become leaders. Too many people question why this is allowed and why new lines aren't being given a chance?

With the current state of things, anyone can pretty much set up their own organisation and begin to run it, new and old bloodlines alike, yet it's the newer bloodlines I see struggling. They dive into this without a clue on what it is they actually need to do. Sure it's nice to don the BOLD suit, it makes you feel like your dick just grew by another 10 inches but once you put it on, I expect you to put in the required effort.

Too many of the newer bloodlines are so eager to stick the bold suit on, they really don't know what it means once it's on. Although myself and Bonkers are the current go to guys within this world, we have made it clear that if you feel you have what it takes then by all means, take your shot. So, I feel I should warn people on the other side to that coin that if you're making a shit show of it and you're not ready, don't expect to be around for too long. I won't tolerate people setting up to become nothing more than HQ caretakers, I expect demand more from people than that.

From time to time we all have issues back in the old country, even myself, just recently I had to get the earliest flight back due to some issues but I'd like to think that from the outset I had worked and put in considerable effort before I got to that point where I had to leave momentarily. So before that bold suit tickles your bollocks, think about if you're really committed and whether it's the right time? It's also worth asking yourself the following: Are you resourceful? Do you have the right connections? Do you have the ability to contribute at a high level? Are you able to hold yourself well when meeting with others in the same profession? Most importantly... 

Can you lead?

Those of you who are thinking of operating out of the annexed cities and those already doing so, do you really have what it takes to lead younger mobsters and guide them? That is exactly what is expected of you and these younger mafiosi will look to you when they want their questions answered and when something goes wrong and no doubt it will, they will look to you in the first instance.

Going back to the question that people seem to ask far too often on why are new lines not given a chance? Thus far it seems rather obvious, it's the newer lines that will struggle to take that next step into becoming a leader, most are just not ready yet and while people may look to myself and Bonkers to carry these new auths, that is not what we're here for. We're not here to be your mother and tell you what you're doing wrong or what to do next, we're here to lead the community and put standards in place and if you're not up to those standards than expect another to step up in your place.

It's a dog eat dog world out there and there's no room for weak leaders with the current state of things.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Shady_Sam takes a final puff from his cigarette before flicking the expired butt to the pavement, grinding a heel on it until it was flat as a coin. He strides forward after the speech, lowering his hood to give a ruffle of his dirty dark hair before speaking. 

"This is well called for and accurately put, Godfather. As far as my family's journals go into recording the history of this thing of ours, they witnessed only one era who had a similar concept. The method of its execution was... Crude, as it turned a single empty city into a bloody free-for-all. This time around, the strategy that has been put in place is much more stable and will reap dividends in the long run for the winners of the previous war, and it allows for the healing and regrowth necessary for post-war recovery."

He pauses, raising the back of his finger to scratch the bridge of his nose. 

"This is also a time where those who have never felt the burden of responsibility to take the plunge. Mistakes will be made, that is the nature of allowing inexperienced lineages have their chance in the spotlight. But, as always, the long term potentials greatly outweigh the risks. As you have stated, having a priority of developing the community as a whole will only serve to benefit every man and woman under the code of Silence and Honor. What I'd like to point out, is that those seeking to become leaders or have already found themselves in this new position, is to consider what exactly is their purpose for doing so? Petty thoughts such as pride, prestige and wealth should be erased from your mind. You are serving as a leader of the community and the manager of an established crew, you should have goals to strive to and objectives set to meet those goals. These new cities need a strong presence to rebuild their structure and bring back the activity and center of mafioso that they were one renown for. Do not settle for maintaining the status quo, do not be average. For most, this is a one time shot that they will likely never see again for a long while, make it count." 

Report Post Tip
Vincent steps out of the crowd.

"Well as one of the new leaders I see a lot of great opportunities for people. But people shouldn't just become a leader because it seems like a cool thing to do. Its a serious role in the community so take it seriously. I don't know everything but I believe I had the potential to run a crew and I don't think I'm doing all that bad. I'm lucky enough to have two great hands helping me as well as the rest of the city. So if you plan on stepping up and your not ready. I don't think its going to end well for you"

Vincent disappears back into the crowd
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Some good points made here. By Godfather Fitz and you, Sam and Vincent. Things that need to be said!

The age old complaints about new blood getting chances have been clearly put to bed with the direction the country has been taken in. But as Fitz said, this coin has two sides. Leadership isn't a joke. You can't just point at someone and say 'oh I can do that' and off you go. It takes a massive amount of effort and dedication to do the job properly. There is a tremendous amount of work that goes on behind the scenes.

To anyone who's considering making the step, think long and hard about whether you have the work-rate or endurance for it. Do research if you need to. Find out what you will need to be doing from day to day, consider all the angles, give serious thought to being responsible for people's lives. Teaching them, keeping them safe, ensuring they get what they need and that they stay in line and stay entertained.

A bold suit is nice and leadership is a great experience but it isn't something to be taken lightly. Think before you leap."

Report Post Tip

As Fitz has said, in the current environment there are no limitations on who can set up an organisation, but in the long run there will of course be bars that determine whether you are able to stay in that position of leadership. 

We're all human and we all make mistakes - especially if we are new to leadership. What I ask of new leaders is to learn from those mistakes and to use them to develop. I sincerely hope that in the future we'll be able to look back on this project as having been responsible for bringing out a new generation of leaders from the ashes of a devastating series of wars.

I have one further piece of advice to leaders that have taken up crews of their own under this project. Work with your neighbours. Co-operation is vital to this thing of ours, with a whole city being more valuable than the sum of its parts. And should your neighbouring crew leaders not uphold the standards you expect? Challenge them. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Speaking as a first time crew leader. I can see why some would find it daunting. I was lucky enough to have experienced hands to help me through the first few days Of leadership. While I had the experience and knowledge, and I understood what was needed it is always important to have good friends by your side. My family has been part of this world for a long time now and have seen some amazing times and also some very poor times. Their knowledge was passed down and from it I have learn what makes for good leadership and poor leadership. I like to think I have done a pretty good job so far. The key I have found is communication. Making new friends and connections getting to know your neighbours and helping those that may be struggling. That being said if there are any new Crew leaders out there that need help or advice with anything feel free approach me anytime, I'm happy to help you in your journey. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Constantine found himself in a new neck of the streets. It was fitting where he now was, as his last stop was Richard's 'Just say no!' campaign.

Being a bit of an ass, he thought that at some point some large signs with that slogan on it would be an ideal way to linger at shitty street efforts. A one man protest, just his style.

Now though, he was here with a different attitude. He stepped forward, cigarette dangling from his lippy mouth, and entered his thoughts into the discussion arena.

"I can attest to Midnight's helpful ways. Now, don't get too comfortable with me praise, cause it wont last long, but I have to say she was one of the first here to approach me with a leader like attitude. And being the soppy son of a bitch that I am, I thought that should be said."

Ash dropped from the lucky strikes smoke onto the ground as it jiggled about between his lips. He finally took a puff then removed it from his mouth, before continuing.

"Now, I can also say there were some equally shite efforts had too. And although I can be an ass, I wont go balls deep and lay their names out here. Just the tip for now, but if you new folk want an example of who to look at regarding who's doing a bang up job, Midnight is one."

Constantine finished up his cigarette, then flicked it off to the side. The smoke slowly escaped his lips as he carried on.

"Anteros is another that made me question if I really wanted to join this band of misfits I'm currently riding the coat tails of. LA is shaping up nicely, and if they are anything to go by this effort by Fitz and Bonkers is already a success."

Report Post Tip

I'm going to run off of what Midnight mentioned earlier. Communication. It is indeed a huge part of everything, and from what I've learned over my lifespan, is that communication is among some of the top three things needed to help stabilize a good family. Of course it's not only just communication, even if it is a large part of everything. One needs to be dedicated, patient and willing to answer a million questions that might come at them. Dedication to keeping your family safe and doing everything in your power to give them a place where they can all enjoy themselves while they grow. 

New players will always have a million questions and some times certain ways you word yourself may not make sense to them or you might feel as if you are answering the same question a million times. So try to stay humble and remember that at one point in time, you were new on these shores as well with no previous journals from your family to help you find your way. So try to keep in mind that no matter what you do, every reaction you have to something will affect a person and most likely be written down in that family's journal forever.

Also, I'd love to leave one last piece of advice for everyone. Never be afraid to stand up for your family, nor be afraid to do whatever you think will keep your family safe. That is the job of us Crew Leaders and the Godfathers essentially. We all have a role to play in this world and one of the most respected and critiqued, at least in my opinion, is how we take care of our how our. So work hard, build the relationships with your family members and those around you, in or out of your city. And keep in mind that we are not alone, there are so many wonderful people within a mail or a shout away should you have any questions or just simply want some advice on how to deal with different things, we can only learn form our mistakes if we know what those mistakes are.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

BlackJack walks past a group in the streets and hears them talking about leading a group of mafioso. He stops and lights a cigarette to listen in. He has come from a long line of leaders but by no means thinks he knows it all. After listening for about half an hour, BlackJack offers his opinion on the topic:

"Colleagues and travellers, I come from a long line of suited mafioso and have had many lessons passed down to me. The biggest lesson I have been taught is that running your own crew is not simply a way to generate an income. Whilst we can all agree that it is important for crew members to work hard and kick up a tribute, if you are not involving them and engaging them then why should they help you? The more time you spend on building relationships with your associates, the better the result will be in the long run. You need to build as much trust as possible. Some of you have said that communication is the key. I respectfully disagree, I believe that trust is the key. That being said, I also think that communication is the key to building trust. I welcome all new crew leaders to have a chat with me at any time. I think we can all help each other out during these exciting times."

BlackJack steps down from the soap box and resumes smoking his cigarette.

Report Post Tip

Philip walks down the street and just happens to arrive in time for BlackJack's speech, he listens until the end and then chimes in.

I honestly couldn't agree more, If you don't talk to your members, fellow crew upper structures or even just random Joe's off the street then why should they trust you? If you can't build trust then you're just destined to fail as that trust could just be the difference that keeps you from never waking up the next day. This is why I've already started getting to know people and getting to talk with people. Many people fail because they don't talk but if they would just take the time they may start to realize that some of the people walking the streets just might have an interesting story to tell.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I'm a crew leader. Now what?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL