Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 20:15:44
Page:  1 
What happens when you're not in favour? Started by: FitzChivalry on Jan 31, '17 00:51

Now that the cities seem to be filling up nicely we find ourselves in a position where the favour system will come into play more effectively. As you can see, LA and DT are already at capacity so there will be no more nods given to set up there unless people wish to make a move on the current players within those cities.

So moving forward we have seen that the favour system can protect you from getting killed and can also have other perks but what happens if you're not in favour? Between myself, Bonkers and our advisors we will discuss this and how best to move forward on a case by case basis.

There are many tools at our disposal to ensure that people are doing their utmost to contribute to this community and this doesn't stop within our own cities. As leaders of the community it is only right that we look to our own before addressing those outside our cities and this is something that is happening, so while you may not be privy to all that goes on there will be conversations had and potentially sanctions imposed though due to those within our own cities being under the command of myself and Bonkers respectively, these cases will likely be handled a little differently...

So, what tools do I speak of?

Well, asides from the obvious conversations held regarding this we can go with a few options.

Less protection - We can decrease the level of protection you're allowed.

Hitlist - We can use the hit list to show that you are out of favour and potentially free game to others should they wish to try their luck at removing you.

Extortion - We can extort leaders who aren't pulling their weight and force them to pay a regular tribute until they are up to scratch. This may increase if the level of contribution continues to be poor.

Public shaming - Outing those who aren't in favour via the streets is a sure way to ensure the world knows that people aren't protected.

In time there may be more tools at our disposal but for now these will be adequate enough and will carry the message we need delivering. Hopefully these will encourage those who are on the brink of falling out of favour to up their game, as I have said previously, there is no room for weak leaders within this community.

Regards,

Lord Fitz

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

BlackJack approaches FitzChivalry while smoking a cigarette, he pauses a moment and wait until he is invited to spreak:

"GodFather FitzChivalry, You have some interesting tools at your disposal indeed. I think the most interesting tool in my opinion is that of using the hitlist to encourage people to make a move for space. I will be interested to see if such a move will have an effect on the way a city or district interacts with each other. Will other district leaders move to help pick up the slack of some leaders, or will they get rid of the dead weight? One thing is for sure, it appears as though there are interesting times to come."

BlackJack replaces his cigarette in his mouth before tipping his hat to FitzChivalry and stepping back to listen to the views of others.

Report Post Tip

As I see godfather Fitz speak I listen carefully while I ask Blackjack for a cigarette.

Interesting speech but I do want to know something for sure. We are getting notified as the crew doesn't do what is expected. I'm an immigrant from Europe so English isn't my native tongue and want to know for sure.

Other than that I only can say that the sanctions as stated are interesting indeed and in my opinion also suitable for the given situation.

Finally lights up the cigarette he got from BlackJack.

Report Post Tip

Philip listens to the speech and chimes in after hearing the opinions of others.

I too am going to be interested to see if others within a city will work to pickup slack or if they'll just let the leader being marked out for being out of favor swim for themselves. The latter providing more of a learning opportunity. However, I think that also comes down to the individual relationships between each leader. This announcement should help kick those who aren't sure if they're doing enough into gear.

Report Post Tip

Could it be suicide or rogue acts hit an all time high? 

Report Post Tip

Perhaps that’s a good thing, Insane. Instead of staying mute about each other's incompetence, we now start to address this. Yes, that will be exciting and people will be disappointed. But do we really want to live in a world where mediocre efforts at the top are condoned, giving false confidence to people who are severely lacking in the ways of this world? I believe that especially leaders should be willing to accept criticism when they lack, because their incompetence has a great effect on their members. The amount of people choosing to work on this side of the law aren’t many and it would be wrong to allow them to work for half-assed bosses who don’t understand the full responsibility they have in the community. I agree that some might never know what they miss and that some want a more mellow lifestyle and that’s okay. But I don’t think either of those should be a leader. Suiciding sounds like giving up to me and how sad it may be, I wonder what we'll miss. Rogueing might be a problem, but one that we can handle as a bigger community.

Anyway, thank you for the clarification on this part of the announced policies, Godfather Chivalry. I think the realisation and willingness to address less impressive efforts within the ‘traditional cities’ paves a fair way to put consequences on similar lacking efforts in the other cities as well.

Personally I think that utilising the hitlist is going to be the most interesting, but possibly most risky as well. I’m interested to learn whether the open declaration of being out-of-favour is only an invitation for others interested in the city to remove them, or whether anyone can remove them, without necessarily filling the void? Some hints are also welcome as to what the protection status will be for members of a fallen leader in these cases. Do we allow the wolves to ravage those that already fell victim to an underperforming leader?

I also believe in the extortion method, given that it’s still paired with a low protection status. Business-wise this approach makes a lot of sense, but we’re not putting pressure on the local entrepreneurs here. We’re talking about a quality standard for leading a crime organisation and people shouldn’t be able to buy-off the heat on their crappy performance, how profitable it might be. Unless all the money goes to me of course.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

She listens to Lord Fitz and nods along with him as he speaks.

So basically it's a case of don't be stupid, leave your dick in your pants, prove your worth, and survival of the fittest with very little hand holding, marshmallow roasting campfire time while using resources other than wiping out entire crews and/or cities to get a point across.

She sits back on her heels a little for a moment thinking about this...

About fucking time!

It'll be interesting to see if districts and cities stick together during times when a crew/family they work with falls out of favour.

Noticing the time she realises she needs to get home for dinner with the family and toddles off down the street.

Report Post Tip

Heh, what a bunch of losers.  I can't believe most of these people are even allowed in crews.  They were all trying to recruit me too lol.  Ummm no thanks, I'll stay here in LV.  At least we have cool crews here not a bunch of ugly dorks

Report Post Tip

Nah not here in Las Vegas, Fitzbeth I second that. As he smiles and then grins to her.

We THE PRETTY PEOPLE!! As Kinoko shouts! As many cheer to his magnificent words and strong yet swift tongue. 

Report Post Tip
In all fair-ness tho, I do wish the best of luck to others making thier bones in the annexed cities. If you don't want to fall out of favor, just don't. Work at it, breath it. Put your all in, then you be fine. The public wants new blood so bad, show us what new blood can contribute to our society, because we all contribute to this community some way shape or form.
Report Post Tip
To clarify, in the event of us using the hitlist as a resort, it would seem obvious that we would not hide behind an anonymous hit since the favour, or lack of, is judged by the city heads and so these hits would come directly from us.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What happens when you're not in favour?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL