Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 01:36:19
Page:  1 
Derelict Buildings Started by: TheSandman on Apr 30, '10 22:08

TheSandman walks along the main high street of STL minding his own business when he trips up on a loose paving slab he looks around and sees a place where his Grandfather used to take him as a boy. Sandman sighed as he looked at the boarded up windows and graffiti all over. TheSandman looked towards his 2 loyal bodyguards the ones that followed him everywhere they protected him since he was a thug and just started getting into the life of crime. Bill looked at smiled at Riley the youngest of the two as TheSandman motioned for Riley to get in there and get the place sorted out. Riley without hesitation rips down the plywood covering the door way and begins to clear the rubble away from the entrance. Seeing the spectacle of TheSandman doing some more work in the community began to draw a crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen as you can tell times are changing and Im doing everything I can to make life for Godfather Serotonin as easy as possible. Ive taken it upon myself do some work to try to get things moving along nicely. So I came out here to find what I could possible do around these parts, when I was hit with a brain wave right at that very spot there." He pointed at the spot his grandfather brought him to. "where I stood as a boy. This Pizza shop will be my first order of business than I will move my sights to the rest of the Saint Louis Business District. That's where each and everyone of you come in."

TheSandman takes out a flier than nods to his bodyguard who takes it, walks over to a near by light pole nailing it up so everyone could see it.

Saint Louis Business district Competition

Activity is everything! The more active the better.

The top 2 most active business will win a cool $1 million dollars each.

These businesses must be new to the St Louis area.

Tuesday 4th May is when the businesses will start going up and this will last until Saturday 22nd of May

Send TheSandman a copy of your Business plan before opening to enter the Saint Louis Business district Competition.

This is something very close to my heart as i love to see Saint Louis doing well and open up previous buildings that are now derelict i look forward to speak to each of the participants. If theres any question please get in touch and i will happily speak to you regarding all concerns and questions.

TheSandman stood and watched as Riley was clearing up the old tables from inside the pizza shop working hard to please his boss TheSandman smiled as he knew just how much this could help the Saint Louis High Street he grabbed a crow bar and ripped off the wooden board covering the window and saw the old sign upon the window which brought back more memorys of his grandfather and how much he enjoyed coming here. TheSandman walked towards his car will Bill close behind him he turned around and admired the building and got back into his car and drove off leaving Riley clearing the pizza shop.

Report Post Tip

Singer looks around

Make sure when your in St.Louis to withdraw some money from the St.Louis Bank!

Report Post Tip

With all the young and talented mobsters we have walking out streets, and with the amount of money being possible to win, I better be able to visit some nice places next time I visit, as I hope this is a popular incentive.

Dreams about being his own boss.. running his own business, no 9-5 work like he has been doing his whole life

You gotta start somewhere, get your name out or you will be another mobster in a crowd of criminals.

Report Post Tip

Thinking to himself that this could be quite a business opposition to give a whirl. Stepping he looks over at TheSandman …

Well I must say I am quite intrigued by this proposal you have here, and im sure you will find some of those buildings you speak of fixed up and refurnished with some fine new establishments and owners.

I will be getting a letter to you after I make my final decision, couple questions as well. Lets see what the old gerbil upstairs can pull together.

Nodding his head and disappearing back into the crowd of people…

Report Post Tip

The larger crews will have an unfair advantage, considering that they are probably going to support their families.

Report Post Tip

M_Sracci, you appear to be under the mistaken assumption that life is fair. As a very quick fyi... it's not.

As for it being an 'unfair advantage'... You either step up to the challenge with the tools you have available (family and friends) and win, or you don't. It's pretty simple really. Seeing  TheSandman come up with a good idea to increase interest and activity in the Saint Louis businesses is something to be commended. To see you come out and piss on the idea as you feel it's 'not fair', less than pleasing to those involved in setting this up I'm sure. While I'm confident that they don't really care what you think, I'm sure they'd have appreciated you keeping your naive view to yourself.

Excellent idea to spark extra activity TheSandman. I hope it works out well.

Report Post Tip

"Very excellent idea you have brought forth.It should spark business well in SL as well.Unfair advantage is nonesense.How youuse what you have like Deimne had said will make the difference.Not only that but how you have presented yourself in the streets and to other mafioso for the time of your life will be a big part.If you are popular and have made a good amount of friends that should compinsate.It is almost like saying you have no confidence in your family.A smaller family could be more active who knows."

Takes a swig of rum through a flask.

Report Post Tip

I guess that you do have a point. And to be honest, Deimne, I'm not under the impression that it's fair. I just tend to commonly have a rather depressing opinion on certain topics. This being one of which. If I could count all of the businesses of my bloodlines' families that were supported by the crew members alone, I'd be a mathamatician. I never said that it is a bad idea. It would be a good advancment for Saint Louis to get all the extra business attention. I'm calling it the way that I see it.

Report Post Tip

You have a depressing opinion on certain topics? This being one of them? Due to the fact that a family might actually work together, help each other, support each other, give each other help.... and this depresses you?

If I was in a family that wasn't willing, ready, able and eager to do all of these things, I'd feel sick!

Suggesting that numbers alone is what would make or break this competition is where I had originally taken issue. A small tight family where the members know each other on a far closer level can, could or would easily be able to compete with a larger family, if it had the right people and the right attitude to do it. However, it looks like that wasn't even your issue with it. It's simply that family helping family depresses you? In that case, I'm really left speechless here.

Report Post Tip

This only takes 2 people to sit in a bar and have a chat, the one who effectivly chats the longest and the most regular wins. Am i right? its not judge on "new" people to the bar just activity?

This means Mr M_Stracci that even a Crew Leader and his RHM could open up shop and have a good shot say against Mr Deimnes family

FYI i am assuming this can be done as you haven't stated if activity is based on new people popping in.

Report Post Tip

I beleive that you are misinterpreting my statement. I feel very attached to my family, and have no problem with helping them. If you are accusing me of not caring for the family of mine, I must admit, I feel extremely offended. I just find it to be the simple truth that the larger and more powerful cities and families are going to have the advantage in the competition. And also, just because a family is large does not mean that it is distant between members. Of course it would be easier for members of smaller familes to become friends, in such small groups, but a family the the size of.. let's say, 45 should still make an effort to ally with as many members as possible.

Though I do see your point, now that you mention it, with smaller families having their own advantages. In the end, much of it does go down to the people themselves.

Report Post Tip

I am not accusing you of anything, so no need to feel the least bit offended.

I'm saying that when someone says, as you have... so no accusation here, that they believe that it is an 'unfair' advantage for a family that has worked hard to grow, has hard working members and members willing to work hard for each other to have the upper hand in a competition or in life, it's simply wrong. A family large in numbers that retains a strong bond and work ethitic deserve everything they get, regardless of the context.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that a smaller group working harder can't outdo the combined work of a larger group. Nor does it mean that anything in this thing of ours should be or needs to be 'fair'. As a wise man once said "When is something fair? When I tell you it's fair!".

Report Post Tip

I guess that you have a strong point. I seemed to have misunderstood the "family helping family depresses you" comment. I do apoligize.

Also, just out of interest, who said "When is something fair?" saying?

Report Post Tip

Sandman listens to the people talking after he spoke and takes a long drag of his cigerrete before pulling out his Hip flask and taking a quick drink

M_Stracci, i guess you are right to an extent the bigger familys will have a small advantage however if the business is good enough people will visit while in the city. also 2 people talking at length could easily out pass 6 or 7 individuals talking if they put there minds to it.

Thank you Godfather Deimne and ChaosSpike this is an idea ive been wanting to get out there as soon as i possibly could however ive just recently had the time to get the ball rolling.

Just a quick reminder as there is only 24 hours to get your business plans to myself before tuesdays openings so all please hurry and get them in its a nice little prize for anyone and look forward to hearing your ideas. The prize fund is 2 million and there will be 2 1 million dollar prize to 2 lucky people.

yet again look forward to hearing from you i will let you all know who the participants will be and there business names shortly.

Report Post Tip

I have put away my negative spin on the competition and decided to join! Free hugs for everyone!.. You'll figure that outt soon enough

Report Post Tip

An excellent idea to get the business district flowing with more types of businesses then just the usual rum joints. I am interested to see what people will come up with. Consider this a minor personal adventure, I cannot wait to explore these new ventures and sample the delights. Good luck to those participating.

Report Post Tip

I have already ordered my contractor to set up the blue prints you will have them shortly.:)

Report Post Tip

TheSandman stands with a cigerette in his mouth and hip flask in his hand he takes the cig out of his mouth and takes a small drink of his whiskey

Ladies and gentlemen, Im extending the entrance time to this friday this will make the end date to Monday 25th May. please send me all blueprints for a fast response we currently have 2 entries so far and am looking forward to hearing from more of you.

Report Post Tip

TheSandman Stands back in the spot he stood in only a week a go with his hip flask in one hand and a cig in the other he stands to adress the crowd once more

Ladies and Gentlemen

we currently have 3 people waiting to start the competition ive had to push the start date back yet again i wouldlike 2 more participants if possible. Please send me your plans by end of the weekend on monday the businesses will be allowed to set up for allto see.

please send business plans to me prior to the competition starting.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Derelict Buildings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL