Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:38:05
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Times Are Tough - Hitters Started by: Squishy on May 02, '10 12:53

The game population ebbs an flows, and thus so does the amount of targets available.  We have come up with a formula to identify how many wackers are putting for a reasonable effort at any point in time.  The game brain now takes a look at this number, sees how many IAs turned the day before, and then identifies if it is under an amount preset by a criteria the wacker count criteria.  If it is under the "proper balance" it will create some throughout the day to even it out.  If it is on par or above, it will do nothing.  This means that if yesterday had only 13 IAs, but should have had 40, it will make 27 scattered throughout the day, so that they will turn in 7 days from creation.  This will be a self balancing system that should - hopefully - that will help with the really low amount of IAs on bad days until the site hits its next burst of incoming users (at which time it will do nothing since its over the balance)

Heres how it works:

It looks at the number of wackers who are able to get over X kills a week.

It looks a the number of wackers who are trying on X number of IAs a week.

It looks at the number of wackers who are buying/trying on X numbers of NPCs a week.

It does some math and figures out roughly how many kills a day everyone should be able to get, and makes sure there is that alotment available at all times in the game.  This math is NOT the same that is listed in the "Number of Active Wackers: 104" stats part of the game.  This ONLY accounts for hard working wackers who put forth real work on a regular basis.  Those who skim by on just MIAs and half assed hunting will not be hand fed kills.  Only real hunters who work hard are counted into the math.

As of now, we are starting off really small, and will ramp it up until it seems balanced.  The current math will start off at 1 natural IA per day, per wacker, is what it thinks should be in the system.  So if there are 40 hard working wackers in the game, it will ensure that there will be 40 natural IAs in the game for them to kill in during the day.  I have a feeling that 1.25 to 1.5 would be the ideal amount per day, but starting off small will provide me with a better feel of the results without having a major impact in the game while its in its trial stages.

Enjoy!

Report Post Tip

This is an absolutely fantastic change Squishy. Hitters will be drooling over this change more then they drool over 'other' things they do on a day to day basis. I love the change and I can't wait :) Just a quick question.. Which I think I have my head around the answer just a yes would be perfect. Lets say.. the amount of IA's there should be daily is.. 25 for example. Lets say if today there are only 12 IA's.. 13 IA's will be created tomorrow. Well those 13 IA's they will turn Gangster and shootable in 1 week from then yes?

Report Post Tip

Yep, its a 8 day lag from when they were examined, then the next day they are made, then 7 days later, they are killable.  But.. after 8 days, you should see the difference... then there will be a small surge in more hitters that are going to try harder, which should then increase it even more the following week, then after the 2nd week it should be about steady every day.

Report Post Tip

Squisy This is a bloody fantastic Idea and will no doubt help keep the game pop up as well.

Report Post Tip

Ok thank you Squishy. That makes sense. Once again this change is fantastic!

Report Post Tip

just to keep life simple i'm going to call them shooters not wackers.

thinka bout it.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Times Are Tough - Hitters
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL