Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:53:51
Page:  1 
A Botched Funeral Started by: Alfonse on May 05, '10 05:21

It was a usual day in Chicago, a brisk wind howled through the city streets and the buildings kept out the sun like dark jungle. I dropped my car off for an oil change and stepped out towards the dock's in search of sunlight. My Body guard Tony I sent to grab a couple of dog's from a nearby stand."Give us your mullah pal" A voice said from behind. I felt something in my back, possibly a snub-nosed 38'? His crew circled around in front of me. I counted three, obviously small timers who had no idea I was a Don. Each was carrying some shotty weapon of sorts, one had a lead pipe. The guy behind me reached into my left pocket (I never kept anything there) as he went for my right, I quickly spun around to the right giving him a sharp elbow to the jaw at the same time. He dropped the gun from his left hand. I seen Tony in the distance dropping the food and going into his jacket for his heater.

I ducked and headed for the nearest cover pulling my gun as I ran. Tony shot and I heard one of em' cry out. They were scattering just as I was. I shot blindly from behind a dumpster in their direction. Two more shots pinged off the dumpster when I seen Tony go down. Looked like they hit him in the chest. I peaked around one side and didn't see them, I moved to the opposite end and before I could look "TING" another shot hit the dumpster. I blind fired the rest in the chamber and hollered out to Tony..

There was no response. After a few moment's of silence I looked again seeing two bodies lay silent. One was Tony. As I approached him, he gurgled "Sorry boss, they got away" as blood ran from his mouth. "No, we got em' Tony." I said knowing the man was all but dead. He raised his arm pointing and shaking his head no. His eyes rolled back and his arm fell lifeless...He was dead.

I took his piece and headed for the other body. As I approached my heart began to sink. It wasn't one of the guy's that held us up. It was a youngster with a number 48 stitched on his jacket... My bullet must have struck him. I was gutted. The guy Tony hit must have made off? (That's what he was trying to tell me). To make matters worse, I was later informed that that kid was a somebody and that somebody's family called for my head. It wasn't long that I received a call from the Godfather himself requesting a sit- down. There was nothing I could do. Taking my own life was never an option. Rules were rules and I had fucked up.

As if planning a luncheon, I agreed to meet and scheduled my own death. "I hate to have to do this" Iota said as his stubbly fingers pulled the trigger. BANG...

I don't remember much after that. For all intensive purposes, I was dead. That is... Until I woke up in a dark space, my initial thought was a pine-box or Crackerjack box, as we liked to call them but I smelled no pine. It tuned out I was in a trunk, bleeding like stuck pig from my abdomen. Slowly, I managed to make enough noise to draw some attention. The trunk suddenly opened and there stood Saul_Silver and Rampagingfox.

"Shit, he's alive." I heard Saul say. "Plug him again." Replied the Fox...

No, no wait. I said. I have an idea -just hear me out. After a long talk they agreed to help me stage a funeral. They were to doctor up a body and make like I was dead. I must have went unconscious again because I came-to in the ER with a doctor standing over me. He said my wound wasn't fatal and the surgery was a success. I was a lucky man. Given the circumstances I didn't feel lucky at all...

I guess Iota thought I'd been punished enough. The Godfather gave his blessing in botching the funeral and allowing me to continue to operate in Chicago. The only city I've ever known. The greatest city there is. Sweet home Chicago!

Report Post Tip

Having got wind that Alfonce's funeral was in fact staged and he was actually in the hospital under a slightly different name Reggie took time out from his daily duties and made his way over to the city hospital via the fruit stall to see his friend...

"Glad to see you still breathing my friend but you know i want a refund on that wreath i left you, tell you what i'll settle for a few slices of Bread pudding" Reggie says with a smile, he then hands Alfonse a bag of grapes "they wasn't cheap either lol, get well soon hey!". Reggie then proceeds to eye up the lovely nurse who has just turned up to check Al over.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Botched Funeral
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL