Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 14:18:34
Page:  1 
Favour Started by: LuciusSweet on Feb 15, '17 18:56

You notice a few of LuciusSweet's goons surreptitiously moving through the crowd assembled before the Don of Summerlin. A few more also appeared to be regulating who was permitted access to the square where Lucius was standing. You felt as though it was probably safe to speak freely amongst friends of ours given the added protection and you decide to listen to what he has to say.

"We've heard a lot of talk about the favour system, but I would imagine quite a few of you are still unsure how the theory behind it actually translates into real life. Right?" 

Lucius paused for effect, ever the showman, even if FitzChivalry had ruined his Fight Night idea and let the dissatisfied muttering ripple out.

"Well, you're in luck because that's the purpose of my being here today and hopefully you will shortly have a better understanding of how this all works. You've probably noticed a few of my lads out and about. Don't worry, for a change they aren't up to no good and they are, in fact, handing out the latest tips on how to earn favour!"

You see one of the Don's men near to you and take one of the leaflets from him. Although the man looks more used to cutting purses than delivering information, he moves on without complaint.

"If you still have any questions after reading that bad boy, feel free to shout" The Don's voice called out over the noise of much paper rustling. He cast one eye towards the rather ominous looking storm clouds circling overhead "even if it starts to rain, I'll be here!" he added with a click of his fingers. In moments, GlennCullen was besides his boss, umbrella in hand, shielding him from the impending downpour.

You begin to digest the information before planing your next move.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

An elderly civillian walked by the group, interested and concerned. He's one of those old senile fuckers, always ready to criticize something or other. He'd noticed the look of gangsters, those rowdy street goers always causing a scene and a fuss.

He pressed on toward the crowd, hobbling with his walking stick, shouting insults.

"You no good gangsters! Causing shit wherever you fuckers go! Why don't yall.."

Before he could insite too much civillian disapproval, a crowd controller spear tackled the old s.o.b out of action and probably broke the poor man's hip.

With dentures in the street somewhere, the old prat was dragged away from the gathering, half comatose.

BlackJack starts to chuckle and states in a sarcastic manner:

"Someone told me about some thing called a 'typo'. I 100% did not see it"

Report Post Tip

She looks at BlackJack in wonderment.

Sir, just what are you on about? How can there be a typo in a spoken speech? I have listened thoroughly and did not hear a word misspoken. Are you sure you are not mistaken? 

She smiles sweetly and continues...

Do you favour the colour red? How do you feel about the letter "u" and it's many uses?

Report Post Tip

Ok. I am going to go out on a limb here.

I would say that replying to a thread about leaders gaining and losing favour in a sarcastic manner isn't the smartest move in the book. Especially as when the speech was delivered pretty much flawlessly in the Dons native tongue and he is trying to help leaders such as yourself Blackjack.

But maybe thats just me?

Report Post Tip

Gabriel stopped on his daily stroll through the streets with the arrival of LuciusSweet and his goons. It was unusual for someone to arrive in this manner, and what were is goons up too. All became clear once one listening to Lucius begin speaking about the Favour system. Then right on cue a guy steps in front of Gabriel offering him one of the leaflets. He has a small chuckle to himself as the look on the guys face says he would rather being doing anything then this.

Taking his time and absorbing the information contained in the leaflet, he nod's to the Don, not really sure if he has been seen amongst so many other Mafioso, but at least he knows he has acknowledged the Don's words and presence.

"Thank you for this information and clarification. It is most helpful, a lot of what I thought, but it is always good to know for certain. I need to go now, there is a couple of points I need to work on"

Report Post Tip

As one of her little birds flew in with a new announcement to make, CS quickly ran to the streets to hear what kind of exciting news were being announced.

After hearing what it was and reading one of the leaflets, it seemed most of the stuff was quite obvious. There was nothing she did not expect, yet it was good to hear it that way.

"Thanks for clearing this up, LuciusSweet . It is a great way to see what you should either improve or do more of. There was nothing I did not expect, really, but it is good to have some sort of guideline.

Thanks once again!"

CS returned to her HQ again and made sure to bring some cookies and milk for everyone...

Report Post Tip

Falcone slowly walked behind CookieSandwich, He listened to what she had to say before he said anything but especially something stupid. He walked right next to CookieSandwich and nodded to her before opening his fat mouth.

"Thanks for giving us this kind of information about gaining some favor and losing favor. It was a nice amount of extra knowledge. It was alright that you were trying to improve your favor and also giving some advice about how to gain some in a vague way that also appeared partly sarcastic. Thank you LuciusSweet, Have a nice wonderful day."

He shrugged and walked away sipping his tea back to HQ.

BlackJack immediately notices the voice of Lillith and smile a wide smile:

"Oh Lillith my dear, if you would only concentrate more on your surroundings and less on taking aim at people you will have noticed the flyer. You will have also noticed that I intentionally noted that I did not see a typo. It never hurts to have a laugh with a fellow CL. I am very appreciative of the assistance of @LuciousSweet and merely trying to have a friendly bit of banter. To clarify, I am 100% sure I am not mistaken. Perhaps you would like to re-assess your position?"

BlackJack then turned to Richard_Sharpe:

"Richard_Sharpe, I am not sure what you mean by a thread? In any event, if you also read the flyer you might have noticed something in there about testing boundaries and communicating. You do not have to try to shoot someone down to communicate. I find it more effective to be friendly and reasonable with people. Being a little cheeky doesn't mean I am being disrespectful"

BlackJack lights up his cigarette and proceeds to smoke it, he is obviously un-phased.

Report Post Tip
Thread of conversation? Which is what this is? Where we are all discussing a topic that is linked. Yeah?

Moving on. I have read the leaflet he handed out. Great read. Much use to everyone who has no clue what the fucks going on here.

However you were clearly being sarcastic in your reply, were you not?

Sarcasm is not being 'a little cheeky'. As you're obviously big on word meaning, after pulling me up on 'thread', you will know what sarcasm conveys. But for those that don't.. Sarcasm, to quote the dictionary I checked before speaking, is 'the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.'

So tell me Blackjack. Was that what you were doing? Not being disrespectful but mocking our dear Don and conveying contempt?
Report Post Tip
Trying to be cheeky with Don Sweets didn't end well for the last crew leader that tried it. Just saying, this wasn't a perfect ten from you BlackJack

Luna looked at the nice man that was handing out flyers, and then saw him approach her and she accepted the paper he gave her. She thanked him for it and smiled then took it over to a bench on the sidewalk behind her, slowly sitting.

She scanned over the paper, reading everything carefully that described the favor system. There were even parts that explained where further information about the crews in the annexed cities could be found! She gained a rather large wealth of knowledge just from reading the information.

She approached LuciusSweet, who was busy conversing with someone else.

She waited patiently for her turn and when he was free she said, "Thank you for this. Means a lot of good things to be able to read this! It clarifies a lot for me and I will make sure I show this flyer to my Hands and other crew members as well so they understand a bit more. It's a good system you guys have created so thank you for that as well."

When she finished speaking, she nodded her head and dismissed herself from the area, folding the form gently into a small square then putting it in her purse as she walked away, making her way back to her headquarters in Pasadena.

Report Post Tip

Donnie saunters through the crowd, noticing some riotous gangsters, disregarding the noise he eventually walks upon one of the Don's bodyguards and takes a hold of a flyer. He distinguishes a perfect day, turning into a dark rainy evening directly at the clouds. At the drop of a hat, he ran to a nearby restaurant and placed himself in a booth, withdrawing the leaflet from his inner pocket, unrolls it and gazes over the flyer as he mumbles the words to himself.

Subsequently from reading the flyer, he slides it back into his pocket with a slight grin on his face, takes the last sip from his coffee and runs back out towards the crowd and waits for his chance to speak with Don LuciusSweet.

"Appreciate you for being able to make a statement about this and setting a good example to people like us. Like all of us. This is the whole nine yards for the favor system. Everything is very detailed and very comprehensible. All this knowledge will be useful for me, and the others I encircle myself with. With all the propositions and the ideas, you guys have created so far, is becoming very prosperous. Success is the doing, not the getting; in the trying, not the triumph. Nothing beats success."

Donnie shortly then props a cigar in his mouth, and walked away from the rowdy crowd.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Favour
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL