Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 08:07:01
Page:  1 
Wanted Poster Started by: BlackJack on Feb 20, '17 10:20

BlackJack wanders the street with his shoulders stooped forward and an obvious degree of apathy. A street bum races up to him with a broken bottle and attempt to roll him. BlackJack pulls out his gun and shoots him square in the middle of the forehead:

"Fuck off, I am so not in the mood today."

BlackJack walks up to the closest telegraph pole and tapes up a poster. It reads:

WANTED:

On Monday, 20 February at 0335 Capo Kage of BlackJack's High Rollers was gunned down in the streets of Chicago. Any information leading to the identification of the assailant will be rewarded handsomely. Further, if you were involved in the attack and have the balls to step forward this may be looked upon favourably.

REWARD: $2,500,000

Anybody wishing to provide information should send a letter to BlackJack. Requests for anonymity will be respected.

BlackJack continues on down the street, sticking up posters on each pole he passes.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

BlackJack once again strolls down the street. he is slightly more up beat today. A few days had passed since the passing of his right hand man. He walks past the dead body of the man he shot two days earlier. It has not moved and there are rats beginning to feast on his skin. I issues a direction to his body guards:

"Hey guys, get this fucker off the street. I can't believe no-one cares enough about him to even move his body off the middle of the pavement."

BlackJack somes up to the first of the wanted posters he put up and slaps a sticker over the reward. It now reads:

REWARD: $5,000,000

Report Post Tip

e62e497b539c7c0589143a2e11a9afc8

Wire the 5 million to my bankers account, then we will talk about the info you want. No money, no informatiin 

Report Post Tip

Borkers interrupts TyeDillinger, clears his throat and says;

What Mr. Dillinger here was trying to say is that this murder is a tragedy, and that he'll do what he can to help find those responsible.

With Mr. Dillingers very generous contribution of 1.000.000 towards the reward, anyone with information about this will now receive a wooping 6.000.000.

Surely someone must know something. And we all urge you to step forward.

That be all.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $300,000 Tip
No, that isn't what I said at all.
Report Post Tip

It's clearly what you meant though Tye, right?

Because if that wasn't what you actually meant there might be some serious discussions to be had on what was meant. Trying to extort or con one of the Detroit leaders, the ones under our supervision, wouldn't be something we here in Chicago would be overly keen on seeing from someone.

So, again. That is what you had meant even if it wasn't what you said, right?  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

I think I speak for everyone when I say it sure is nice of you folks from Chicago to give the man three chances to correct his mishap.  Hopefully when he wakes up from his sudden nap he'll see the error of his ways, come back out here in the streets and tell us he'll pitch in for the reward money. 

Report Post Tip

While walking down the street, Victor notices the Wanted Poster and frowns. 5 million and still no information? He slumps over slightly, looking dejected. He sees a few man chatting and decides to get the rundown. When he's caught up Victor scowls.

"Extorting a grieving Crew Leader is not something you should take pride in doing, I'd count my lucky stars these fine men are giving you a chance to retract your statement." 

Victor lights up a cigarette and takes a long drag, scowl lessening.

Report Post Tip

I kind of think the crew leader is putting themselves up for extortion. In our day and age if a witness does not come forward with speed the likelihood that they would come forward at all grows very slim even for large amounts of money.

I like to think that people would do the right thing without a monetary reward but I am perhaps naive in that regard. However, the flip side of waiting for lump sums to be offered for it is that if they have been holding onto the information for this long that I can't see how that would turn out well for the witness. Clearly they knew about it, and chose to hide it. Gaining from it may lead to more than just a monetary gain, but possibly a coffin.

I assume the coffin because it seems like a disrespect that when someone is asked to step forward on what they witnessed and don't it would be rather disrespectful, would it not?  I could be wrong though. Maybe someone will come forward.

Report Post Tip

Much of what you say has merit Shantelle, but you ruined it with one big flaw...

I kind of think the crew leader is putting themselves up for extortion.

They're not.

Don't get me wrong, I'm good with extortion. I like to engage in a little of it daily. It keeps you on your toes and keeps the funds ticking over.

However, I understand and know my marks before I hit them. I don't fuck up and attempt to extort someone, a friend of ours, that is out of my league and is under the watch and protection of those that stand above me in this thing of ours. I sure as hell don't do it in public and I'd never dream of doubling down on it once someone, especially someone of a higher position than I and wearing a pretty bold suit like that, has already wrapped me on the knuckles for it with a gentle nudge in the right direction. There's always a line. It's always a bad idea to flirt with it. Crossing it has very predictable results. I'd avoid that line.

As for the rest of it... sure. It might not work. But if it doesn't? At least something was tried. It's better than seeing a leader that doesn't care about their members. That's a far far worse thing to see.  

Report Post Tip
Mr. Dillinger was merely suggesting he had the information. Was he not?

Mr. Dillinger asked for the money to be wired.

Had Mr. Dillinger supplied the right information to the wonderful Mr. Blackjack then the deal would be good, no?

Had Mr. Dillinger failed to provide information THEN it would be extortion. Then he would be dead.

Pretty sure I have that right?

Obviously I am only commenting on what I have over heard here. If you've had private conversations ignore me entirely.
Report Post Tip

Richard_Sharpe, if Mr Dillinger had the information, then one would have to ask why he has not handed it over without an expectation of reward. The mere implication that he has the information and is yet to release it, causes great concern for me.

Kage was a sponsored member of Detroit and was thus under the protection of Chicago. 

Report Post Tip

BlackJack listens in to the conversation as he smokes his cigarette and contemplates the words of everyone. He noticeably giggles at the attempt of TyeDillinger. He then addresses Shantelle:

"Shantelle, I really appreciate the way you think and can see what you mean when you say that I am opening myself up to extortion. The fact of the matter is, I can also fight back if I am extorted. The other thing you mentioned was the witness statement holder being punished for staying down so long. I noted on the poster that I am willing to respect requests for anonymity."

Report Post Tip
Yes indeed Utopia.

That is an entirely seperate argument. An entirely valid one and one that I would have expected earlier before this one. It is why I have questioned it.

I am to assume that is why he stands accused of extortion?

No doubt my crewmate has been incredibly naive, which is probably a bit kind, however my point stands I think?

He has not committed extortion as of yet. This entire episode was at best a joke gone wrong. At worse, well, its what you said Utopia.
Report Post Tip

No doubt my crewmate has been incredibly naive, which is probably a bit kind, however my point stands I think?

No.

Many conversations happen behind many doors with many people Dick. Probably pretty safe to assume neither Borkers nor I would come out in public, speak in public, slap someone on the wrist in public and tell them not to be naughty in public unless we knew the details.

It would be a little crazy for anyone, even if they weren't me, to jump into a conversation in public without taking the time to learn the details at hand. Basing any argument on assumptions or guesswork is a fool's errand. 

There are all sorts of reasons what a statement can be slow to be passed up. I've sometimes found agents under my employ had valuable information and were incredibly slow to tell me. Other times I spotted something important just before passing out from exhaustion. Only realizing the importance of what I saw much later. I wouldn't hold a grudge against anyone slow to pass information, as long as the information was passed to the relevant parties in a timely manner once it could be. The reward simply ensures people spend that little bit of extra time searching all available strands of information they might have. So I wouldn't let anyone let that put them off coming forward. 

Report Post Tip
Consider how I kicked off this debate, I'll offer a few quick thoughts on the matter, before putting it to rest.

From my perspective, what happened was Mr. Dillinger attempted to pull a fast one, requesting payment for information, which based on my intelligence, he did not have.

While others have referred to this as extortion, I'll settle with saying it was a bluff. His bluff got called. Simple as that.

And while I hold no ill will against the man, trying to pull a fast one on a CL comes with a risk. In this case, the concequence is fairly hypothetical (as the information is unlikely to turn up by now)and mild. Taking into consideration the degree of the "offence".

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got better things to do than keep this discussion going. Which includes, but not limited to, go get hammered with my old friend and ally Disorder.
Report Post Tip

Clearly they knew about it, and chose to hide it. Gaining from it may lead to more than just a monetary gain, but possibly a coffin.

I think TsuDho has covered this well already. Just because you are slow sometimes doesn't mean you are wrong or have mal-intentions. Sometimes the burden of work causes us to miss the major details. And sometimes calls have to be made out to CA's that are across the country to gather information and such. Information is sometimes in your face and you cant see it sometimes...just the 'angle of thought' sometimes isn't right. A variation of things. 

And perhaps your right, perhaps someone does have the W/S and was holding on to it to see how things would unravel without it being shown. Perhaps this monetary compensation can convince the W/S holder to come forth and speak. Perhaps the person that has the W/S may get more than a monetary payment upon showing proof of the shot. 

Lots of if's and but's in here. But what would be interesting to see is, what the shooter would have to say once his name is out in the open. Perhaps its someone so high up, that it won't matter and perhaps this was just a matter of regulation. However every now and then, someone crosses the fine line. And if thats the case, that should convince the W/S holder to release it even more...as Mafia Justice is more fun than Mafia Mystery!  

He has not committed extortion as of yet. This entire episode was at best a joke gone wrong. At worse, well, its what you said Utopia

I think he committed extortion the minute he provided his account number with possible knowledge of the information. I guess if he knew Mr.Black, perhaps in private you can joke about matters as serious as a RHM dying. But to come out here openly, to call out a CL and try to extort him....this is that line TsuDho was talking about. A line that shouldn't have been crossed. As they say its all fun & games till someone gets hurt! 

Report Post Tip

Sky looks around sleepily, he really needed to quit taking naps in the streets. But it was always the best place to find information, unfortunately he had missed much of what was said as of now. Before focusing on the crowd, Sky goes over to the phone booth and places a call. Taking a quick look around noticing BlackJack present he wanders over to one of his body guards at the back of the crowd and asks to be caught up.

He borrows the services of BlackJack’s body guard to carry a table to the front of the crowd, smiling at the crowd as a few men he had called down from his pie shop hastily set pies on the table. Not entirely sure how to start, he can’t help but laugh.

“My father Kage would be honored, not only that his friend and mentor Black Jack thought highly enough of him to put a reward up. But also by the likes of Borkers Utopia and TsuDhoNimh hope I said that right, coming out to the streets and giving their input on the matter and the debate that just took place. Hell he would even congratulate Mr. Dillinger on his balls, for attempting to bluff five million dollars out of a Crew leader.

I’m not sure if the five or is it six million now? Will be enough to get the information passed along and the killer found. What I do know is he would be grateful for the fuss that was put forth to try and find his killer. He would also love all of those who came out today to have some free pie, and to come check out the last thing he did before he was gunned down. Come check out his pie factor in Detroit.

Once again I would like to thank you all for taking time out of your busy days, not only to come out and discuss and make noise but even just that will make sure that the news spreads about the reward. And with a little luck we will learn who killed my father…….Dont forget to come get a slices of pie.”

Sky goes and joins BlackJack in the crowd as his staff, hands out pie to anyone who would like some.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, this just looks like a pretty needless attempt at seeing who's got the biggest dick. Tye wasn't extorting this guy unless money was exchanged and no information was provided. The only discussions needed are why anyone felt the need to try and impose their authority over him. Where is that going to get us? He's a boss in Vegas. Do I now need to come here and say "well you guys are backing your DT guy and I am now backing our Vegas guy, so watch out"? No. This will escalate quickly and nothing becomes something. So let's not do that and instead, stripping the posturing nonsense aside, Shantelle has the right of it; nobody is coming forward with this now, even if they have it because they would have ignored direct instructions from their leaders to turn over their intel.

Condolences for your loss and kudos for the poster - I liked the idea.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Wanted Poster
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL