Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 21:11:54
Page:  1 
COWARDS! Started by: Enjolras on Feb 20, '17 16:50

"COWARDS!"

Enjolras shouted at the top of his voice, barging past people rudely. Impatiently making his way to the center of the gathering throng of people, shrugging his vibrant red jacket back onto his shoulder after it had been displaced by a particularly energetic shoulder bump

"You might consider them to be something different - perhaps even admire them and think they have earned the pittance they have stolen, but to me the sneak thieves amongst us are nothing more than cowards preying on weaker members of Our Thing. Sure, merely being an associated wise guy my wallet may not contain much bread, but the crux of the issue for me is one of hypocrisy."

Feeling a tug on the back of his jacket, Enjolras mule kicks the fuck outta the verminous street urchin lifting his coat tails and finger fucking his ass pocket, causing the disrespectful little blob to cascade into a backwards roll, back whence the little shit came from - the dark, stinking alleyway, saturated in tramp piss and carpeted in a fine layer of rotting food and filth.

"Y'see, I appreciate that these are lean times and we're all forced to earn a living by all means - fair or foul, but there are plenty of zombies walking these streets. There are agents of the law who are vacant enough to not even realise they have been stolen from, and if practising is your thing, then you can have your fill with those semi-conscious buffoons. However, having been around these streets for sufficiently long, I'm well aware of how to defend against an urchin, which means these aren't young, inexperienced and financially destitute young men, struggling to earn a crust - no. These are men wearing such a large amount of fine jewellery that I can feel their clumsy ring-laden hands rummaging around in my pocket, yet by the time I have turned around to confront my attacker, they have disappeared into their mass of muscular bodyguards and innocent passers-by, like a proverbial fart in the wind."

Noticing some furrowed brows from the victims of his violent walking, Enjolras realises he's gone off on a bit of a tangent and takes a deep breath, counts to ten and continues, slightly calmer:

"Now, I promised you an explanation of how I feel entitled to refer to these specific respected men as hypocrites and I intend to honour that promise... and it's simple really; sure, you've honed your skills, so you feel invincible robbing the less aged mobster, but you spent your formative years skulking around in the shadows, hiding from pickpockets yourself and perfecting your stealth skills, so it's not like you're welcoming to the process and, say I did notice you skulking off into the distance, my money is on the fact that you'd feel so insulted at being named and shamed as a thief that you'd be compelled to act on your frustration and therein lies the hypocrisy. An attack which was initiated by you now becomes something which you consider requires revenge."

Flicking his curly blond locks out of his face and buttoning up his jacket to combat the worsening elements, Enjolras opens up the floor to the crowd gathered to listen to his lengthy diatribe.

"So tell me folks, what is your opinion on the current state of play regarding these thieves? Do you find sport in targeting mobsters you know have no hope of retaliating, and if so - what is your opinion of a young mobster claiming restitution on the odd occasion they do notice foul play? Do you accept being mugged in the spirit you've picked the pocket or do you fly off into a rage at the lack of respect afforded to you and your position? Or are you the target of a particularly persistent pilferer? Do you shrug it off or do you find it too irksome to pass off as a minor loss?"

Report Post Tip

I'll tell you where I am on this - over the years I've honed my skills and I can pretty much pull off what I want on who I want when I want. In fact, there's no "pretty much" about it...

Bonkers smirks before continuing 

So why would a man of my stature prey on the weak? I'll tell you exactly why - it keeps me sharp.

Different leaders have different styles, some might like to sit behind their desks counting the cash their earners bring in. Fuck that, not for me. You go that way you get slow and when you get slow people notice it and work the situation to their advantage.

I like to keep the momentum going - a few bucks here, a few bucks here. Hell, I even still get a laugh out of turning over the post office now and then. So when it comes to picking a pocket or two, not only am I keeping myself sharp - but if they spot me it just reminds them who's boss. If they have the cheek to mug back then I'll have learnt something about that individuals attitude - and that kind of information is valuable.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $30,000 Tip

Listening intently, Enjolras nods along unconsciously - not agreeing or disagreeing, more acknowledging listening to the gentleman.

"Thanks for coming out here to give your opinion to the topic in hand Bonkers, I appreciate hearing from all sides of the discussion and it's humbling to see a man of your stature willing to participate in discussions on our streets."

Nodding - this time in a respectful manner - towards the former speaker, Enjolras continues his train of thought:

"I can understand your wanting to stay sharp and your testing the attitude of the younger, weaker mobsters; that does make sense. I also agree that slowing down will get you deaded pretty quickly, especially if you project that attitude publicly. I would, however, question one thing - if I may... you say 'if they have the cheek to mug back', surely a response to the original attack isn't an act of defiance, cheek or aggression but simply that - a response to being attacked?"

"I, for one, have never backed down from a mugging. On occasion, if I'm having a good day and if my victim is in good humour and accepts the consequences of their pickpocket, I may return some of their money, but if I get an angry letter pushed through my door demanding anything, I'm more likely to use that letter to wipe my ass with than I am to feel a genuine pang of remorse. Like I said - it's a reaction; not something I have gone out of my way to do, so I can't understand getting anyone angry with someone they have initiated an attack upon."

Flicking the collar of his jacket up and retying his French flag scarf loosely around his neck, Enjolras smiles wryly

"But that's just me... whilst I am respectful, I'm also an anarchist and a revolutionary, so it should really come as no surprise that I like pissing off people that I probably shouldn't."

Report Post Tip

BlackJack smokes his cigarette as he listens in to the speech of Enjolras. He then listens in to Bonkers view on the situation as he completes his cigarette. He takes a quick swig from his hip flask before chiming in:

"I tend to agree with Bonkers. I too like to keep my skills sharp. I also agree that the lessons and information available are quite valuable. I for one appreciate fully if someone has the balls to mug a God Father, Don or crew leader. I am not sure if Bonkers will agree with my viewing of it or not but I would love to hear his views.

Personally, I leave money in my pockets to see who has the balls to try and grab it. Ultimately, its fucking $5,000. If that changes your day then maybe this life isn't for you. Maybe you should stay in your office and work as a bean counter, not keeping such large sums in your pockets."

Report Post Tip

Waiting for his turn to speak in this discussion. Gabriel holds back his urge to feel someone's pockets up, as this may not be the time and place.

"Well my take is that it is quite a delicate subject, I have never experienced the ugly side of this practice but I have heard many a storey from friends and colleagues. Therefore I stick to only taking part in this art form on my fellow Crew members and fellow City residents, you could say I'm helping them to become less sloppy and to keep there eyes peeled for anything at anytime. I always then return what I have taken so that they can learn from the experience"

"If the practice happens to me and nothing comes back my way in the form of a friendly mobster informing me of my dropped wallet, then honestly there is nothing I can do about it, on the other hand if I do catch a glance and they don't act in that way or I see that they aren't inclined to be pilfered themselves then I will mug them and believe they should accept it"

"As Enjolras points out they have committed the first crime, they should be willing to accept any consequences of there actions"

"I'm sure others have there opinions and look forward to hearing more"

He then makes his way off into the crowd as he was sure he just saw a crew member of his not paying attention, and in need of a little lesson.

Report Post Tip

Robbing the local post office had not been easy, but she managed to succeed and get out of there alive. Luckily, she was not caught like the last time - that had been awful. 

As she stumbled into the streets, she heard Enjolras speaking and listened carefully. A small group of other people were there as well, and she decided to speak up when it was finally her turn.

"Well, I do enjoy pick-pocketing once in a while - Gabriel knows all about that." She chuckled as she was reminded of all the good times they had had together. "When the officers are not there, I tend to pick the pockets of whoever is around - most of the time I judge them before taking some of their precious $5000. Like Bonkers said, I like to test whether people will mug me or not. If not, I have been lucky. If yes, I am surprised that they dare outroll someone with a rank like this.

I know that picking someone else's pockets might go wrong, but that is a risk you must take sometimes - at least in my case. Even though being tackled and pummeled down the streets never feels nice, there's still that feeling of adrenaline left in you. What's the worst that can happen anyways? Your money is gone, you are stuck in a chair for some time and they might steal your gun. The risk of someone taking that is still pretty low."

CS takes a bite of one of her cookies before moving on.

"But do I mug other people? Well, sometimes. That depends on my mood. I don't ever mug my family unless that family member tastes awful. I mean, when you taste as dreadful as BaconSandwich , you can only hope that someone will slap some taste in you. I know I would!"

Before nearly being choked in crumbs, she coughs until her voice is finally on top again.

"Anyways. If I were to give any advice on this topic, I would tell people to do as they please - but expect the worst possible outcome. That way it can only end better than your expectations. Unless you are very unlucky, of course."

She pulled out the bottle of milk, which she always brought with her, and offered everyone some cookies. Maybe even a glass of milk? If they wanted it?

Report Post Tip
Speaking loudly doesn't get your point across any better
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sky yawns as he walks past enjolras , relying heavily on his cane. With a grin he tosses Enjolras now empty wallet over his shoulder. Did he need the money? No not really, but would it hopefully help with whatever point he would make when he thought of it……maybe

Next stop Cookiesandwich there was a cookie or 3 calling his name, selecting the best three cookies he can find Sky nods his thanks before moving. With a quick look back, just in case he might want to try his luck picking those……. pockets?

Eating on of the cookies Sky finally makes his way over to BlackJack , giving him a cookie and half the money he…..found on the ground? Yes that’s where this mysterious $5000 came from. Sky has finally stalled enough to speak.

“First thank you for the cookies! Second some need to speak loudly because not all our voices can be perfect 10’s and carry over a crowd.

Picking pockets is as old a tradition as any we have, if we were to frown upon it and stop it what would we be? Simple we would be common criminals, picking pockets allows us to practice stealth, agility and most importantly the ability to read a person in a moment.

Of course there is always the risk of being mugged after you take someone’s wallet but that’s half the fun, you’re never really sure how a complete stranger will react. If you get mugged than you judged that person wrong and need to work on your skills.

But in the end why should those who are good at picking pockets and keeping their pockets safe really care, they grew up on these streets learning to protect their pockets and steal others money along the way. If it’s something that upsets you or you do not like, you should quit and find a new way of life.

Third, now that I know, if God Father Bonkers leaves me a penny I shall flip it. The coin will decide if I attempt to mug him or not, it’ll be a game of luck”

Sky yawns again and lowers the brim on his hat to help block out the sun. He makes sure he is still in full view of BlackJacks protection, he leans on his cane and waits to see what everyone else views are.

Report Post Tip

Ezreal was sulking hidden in the back alley of the streets watching as the man who now lays in front of him, beaten and sullied had attempted to steal from someone who clearly was underestimated. Ezreal starts to grin as he brushes the man aside with his foot, walking out into the streets he looks towards the man in the red jacket.

For once it's nice to see someone else laying there, beaten to shit, gun stolen, money missing and humiliated for the public beyond belief. It tends to be an every day thing that I find myself laying there in the slums of some back alley tending to my wounds from having my ass beaten. Hell half the time it's by my own family.

Ezreal rubs the back of his neck, still sore from his last mugging.

It seems people have become much quicker in catching up to their assailants and many don't hold back. Though I don't have any complaints, what does one expect I suppose when their shit is being stolen?

Shrugging he lights up a cigarette he had hidden away in his suit.

I generally seek out those whom are closest to me that have something I may want. Though from time to time it is nice to stick your hands in the cookie jar knowing someone may notice, willing to seek revenge. It keeps things interesting, sometimes you can see others personalities just by the harassment you receive after your ass has already been firmly handed back to you.

Ezreal takes one last drag from his cigarette as he flicks it to the curb he stops it out, taking a seat nearby he waits to hear from others.

Report Post Tip

What there a point to this whiny rant?

Report Post Tip

Looking bemused at the troll surfacing from under a neaby bridge, Enjolras chuckles slightly before replying to the barely coherent question

"I'm glad you sought me out long after the discussion had ceased, Street_Sweeper because the answer is simple and can be summarised in one word - notoriety. Something you have clearly unknowingly assisted me with, so I thank you for that. Personally I like knowing the faces around me, and how better to familiarise myself than speaking with the public? Now that you have the answer to your question, I trust you will return to the bridge from whence you came, so have a good day, my dear."

Tipping his hat slightly, Enjolras reaches into his pocket and produces a slightly battered cigarette and puts it behind his ear as he goes in search of a book of matches.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: COWARDS!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL