Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:53:16
Page:  1 
00100100 Started by: TheDonBot on Mar 06, '17 23:20

The Don Bot listened in to a conversation between his two associates. They were 'arguing' about something, though the manner in which they were doing so was excruciatingly difficult for The Don Bot to listen to. It was such a horribly constructed argument, he would have ripped his ears off if he had any. Despite the lack of ears The Don Bot could hear quite fine, which he found useful.

As the argument continued, the Don Bot found himself wondering how many others didn't know how to properly argue. He lit a fat cigar and continued down the street. Ignoring the fact that most of the humans he'd passed by gave him extremely strange looks and or ran away in confusion, The Don Bot spotted and walked up to a group of strangers who appeared to be counting a decent sum of cash.

He knew that the shiny badges on their suits reflected some type of affiliation with one of the local crews. He glanced down momentarily at his new RP Inc badge, courtesy of the lovely Kathryn. The Don Bot had a "soft spot" for people who participated in Organized Crime - after all, he'd cleverly dubbed the robot trio consisting of himself, Joey Mousepad and Clamps, 'The Robot Mafia'. They had no real street cred of course, but it was always nice to have a name.

For once, the humans he approached seemed more intrigued than confused. Perhaps it was because he had acquired a spot within one of the well known crews in Vegas. Perhaps they had some weird fetishes. The Don Bot was not one to judge, he once walked in on Clamps sticking his...clamp, in an electric socket and did nothing but walk out. Wanting to pass some robo-wisdom down to the criminals, he cleared his throat. The Don Bot knew that being able to properly argue was a skill that could be useful to many throughout the Streets, so he began to speak.

"Listen up here crime humans, and you listen good!"

The group in front of him stopped talking momentarily.

"Arguing, something that happens quite frequently around here from what I've noticed. Unfortunately, some are rather awful at it."

The Don Bot paused for a moment to glare at his associates.

"We here at The Robot Mafia are coming to you today to point out some key factors into what could make...or break, your argument."

But you're a robot! Some would think. And indeed it was true, The Don Bot was a robot. The best robot. Technical would disagree, but he would be wrong. Despite his being a robot, The Don Bot seemed to have quite a lot of intellect, and as he spoke, he could tell people were listening.

"One - Make your point and stick to it. Don't stray too far from your point, or those with far less attention spans than Keypunch will tune out long before you're done."

"Two - DON'T YELL AT US, BRO-BOT! People will be far more likely to take you seriously if you aren't assaulting their ears the whole time."

"Two - Don't be a pussy! Seriously, grow some fucking balls.* If you make a point and someone disagrees with it, don't cave in just because they outrank you or they acted mean. People are going to be mean, that's life. And in any solid argument, rank should not matter."

"Three - Rank matters. Wait what? Didn't The Robot Mafia just proclaim that rank shouldn't matter in an argument? Well...fuck off. Sometimes it does, okay? The Don Bot cannot change this. Generally though, unless you're a lower rank and being blatantly disrespectful to an important member of This Thing of Ours you should be able to make your point without fear of dying."

"Four - The fear of dying. Am I serious? Yes. I do lead ins quite well, thank you very much. Do you love The Don Bot yet? Of course you do. Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, the fear of dying. While it is perfectly possible to portray your point that may not be the social 'norm', you must also take into consideration that if you do so in a manner that isn't at least tasteful, you will likely wind up dead. If your Leader has a decent set of ball bearings, anyway."

"Five - The last, and perhaps the most important point. Being tasteful. To avoid upsetting those who matter in This Thing of Ours, ask yourself a few questions before speaking your thoughts. Is my speech being flawed by the use of excessive profanity? Am I putting the life of my crew on the line? Am I using logical reasoning for a relevant response to the argument AT HAND? Am I avoiding using someone’s bloodline as a key basis for my argument? If you can go through this list and check them off, it's a lot safer to speak your mind."

The Don Bot noticed a few more people gathering around him, and he took the chance to light a cigar and lean against his cane, waiting for responses.

*We here at The Robot Mafia are not sexist, though we are sexy.

Report Post Tip

"And I never claimed to be the best at counting, so don't get technical with me on the ordering of that list!"

The Don Bot sighs.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Cleanup having much experience with remote control robots as a kid, is lured to a DonBot. Quickly she realizes there is some similarities with the DonBot and her childhood experiences playing with Bots. A tad confused she decides to make an attempt to clear up any confusion and asks TheDonBot two questions:

As Cleanup was ready to present the first question pertaining to the two associates mentioned she opted to not waste her breath. She moves on to ask the second question.

Wouldn't these points you made been better suited for the Gods of LV?

Report Post Tip

"Why is it that you think this, Cleanup? I think it vital that every criminal know proper arguing etiquette, regardless of their ties to any Crew."

Report Post Tip

This is my take. Respect and money trumps all.  For a few years killing off respectable CL's and their loyal hardworking family members because they have a paranoid moment as a direct result of old grudges. Old grudges, I do have empathy with. Believe me!  A wise man would not rob themselves of respect and a lucrative organization. A wise man who is savvy on how to do business, would not be so quick upholster their gun.

I can come up with 3 reasons to pull out the gun. Attempt/killing on a family member, Attack on HQ and BG's, and calling out a made man in any fashion.

With the three mentioned situations, pulling the trigger on someone who had loose lips is for sure more profitable to talk business then shooting.  (Allows the Consigliere  to put their duties to work)

I am getting excited just thinking about how the best business is conducted.

Was this proper and etiquette? TBH this quality is only required when with family or seeking a family. Respect is earned and I am on the fence with you.

Report Post Tip

Technical had a memory that could not be explained, created as a prototype for future artificial intelligence programs. His maker had made multiple designs drawn up of various models that were to be released. TheDonBot was manufactured the same year as him but they previously had no prior knowledge of each others existence. Unknown circumstances to them, they were released into public in separate locations throughout America. He was built with armor plating and humanoid like physique structure. Emotions were too complicated for him to demonstrate or process without the danger of overloading circuits which were vital to his continued survival. 

Technical opened the door to exit the floral residence he had taken interest in. While walking out he saw TheDonBot, another with appearances closest to that of himself. The door ripped off the hinges and followed him the entire way to the other metalic object. He had processed the waves of his speech in the previous building.

"Presence Acknowledged. Saved to archives. File name Copy."

He released the door from his grip allowing it to slam hitting the ground. Lowering his head to TheDonBot's level, a flash was seen from his eyes. Technical had just taken his first picture. He stood back up straight as he walked over to the human to appear listening. In the background he was gathering information on what he considered his copy.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $35,000 Tip

I just heard we got to be a robot, ride in on a horse or take flight on a spaceship. ll I want to know is which way is the mafia?

Report Post Tip

I got to have a gun asswipe to duel you.

Report Post Tip
Mar 09, 06:27:20 TheDonBot has issued a challenge to duel to you. TheDonBot will shoot first. Click here to accept or decline the duel.
Report Post Tip

TheDonBot had intended on cleaning Cleanup off the Streets, but alas, the lazy ones lack of work prevented him...

Report Post Tip

Shantelle starts writing down all the points. She makes sure to leave out the numbering of them though.

Just in case I ever need to argue with someone I would like to be well equipped for this. Thank you TheDonBot.

Taking her list she turns and heads off down the street.

How much better equipped do you need to be Shantelle? LV is special. Isn't that enough?

Report Post Tip

I personally like to try and improve wherever I can. This could be just one way of doing that.

Report Post Tip

Who knew this would end up be an interesting confrontation. 

Joe listened with interest to DonBot giving a very well laid out list of tips for making good arguments. He then listened as one person in particular seemed to want to grumble about how special LV was without actually giving any indication as to why they felt that way. 

Looking at the the lady who had been talking he began to speak

"It's Cleanup right? Listen Cleanup, I'm from LV and I can't say as I've ever felt any more special than anyone else - but since you seem to want to press that point I will be happy to debate it with you. So, why exactly do you feel LV is somehow special?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 00100100
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL