Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 16:36:16
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The LA Casting Couch Started by: Disorder on Mar 14, '17 21:04

Silly me! How dare I object to this farce based on documented history concerning past and present actions. 

What are your thoughts on Curtlynn's wise thoughts? Or do you just cherry pick who you want to stand up too Lillith?

Report Post Tip

"SylvestorJr, please stop with your nonsense. It is nothing more then a childish banter that you feel the need to release. I may not know what you have against Disorder or any of the others. But let them do what they feel they should with the emptied city. There is nothing else to say other then you are thinking about it way to much to probably wonder what the others mean. Anyways, good day and good luck, From here on I am just going to listen and watch." She sighed and went back to silence not minding how quiet she became.

Report Post Tip

Secra, last I checked when one speaks to another the proper thing to do is respond. You too opt to ignore it is not just me holding this opinion. Thus why there were only a handful of applications...

Best you do stay quiet because if you respond with that nonsense again, I will be back

Report Post Tip

Oooooooh will you be called Arnie by any chance?

Report Post Tip

After a couple of days deliberating a conclusion was reached. The fact that the deliberating also included a healthy amount of alcohol and substance consumption, took nothing away from the piercing scrutiny each candidate's application was subjected to. In the end, everyone from east coast to west had their say. The discussions ended with a 23 hour pool party at a Malibu mansion where the "entertainment and hospitality" bill alone ran past half a million. The levels of indulgence and debauchery displayed by supposedly respectable figures defies even in harmless narrative's description. 

Disorder awoke in a daze and rolled off the rubber flotation device into the pool. After pulling himself out of the hangover-removing cold water, he went inside got a shower, a change of clothes and a few shots of espresso. He headed for his waiting car and stopped at the gate to tip the guard who informed him that although there had been two 'accidental' deaths at the party, it had widely been acknowledged as a roaring success. Disorder climbed into his car and headed for Downtown LA. On arrival he stepped out into an expectant crowd at City Hall. Walking up the stairs he stood behind a plinth and addressed the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen! I am very happy to be standing here before you with the answer to you're all looking for. Along with several members of Los Vegas, Chicago and New York, we gave broad and careful consideration to each and every applicant that came forward for this magnificent opportunity. There were several fine contenders and a few honestly outstanding efforts. 

I must give an honorable mention to The_Courier who submitted an excellent application but had to withdraw due to unforeseen commitments in the old country. His maturity in this was greatly appreciated. I can not announce the winner without also first mentioning the runner up. In this fiercely contested event, Kakuzu delivered a brilliant application and if it wasn't for our winner, he would now hold the position here in Los Angeles.

However, he was pipped at the post by one entrant who really went the extra mile. The sheer amount of homework and planning this guy invested in his application alone, demonstrated a level of drive, ambition and commitment we could only have hoped to see going into this. From a clear and well considered answer to every question, to a point by point plan to carry it out and various prepared documents on his ethics and plans for order in the city. In the end there could be only one winner and I am pleased to say this guy stood out."

He took a short moment for a quick drink and a breath before delivering the annoyingly delayed result.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm delighted to announce, our winner and the new acting Godfather of Los Angeles, TheDonBot!"

Disorder waited as the brave Capo came forward from the crowd. He embraced him, kissing him on both cheeks and congratulating him on his new position. Standing back at the mic for a moment he finished by saying.

"We're all very excited to see what the coming weeks and months bring for you and this city. I'm sure you'd like to say a few words so please, congratulations once more and the very best of luck from all of us, with everything you do."

Report Post Tip

TheDonBot had of course been listening in to the banter going on regarding this conversation throughout the week. While there certainly were a lot of folks who surely now considered him 'marked for death', TheDonBot could only see one thing - opportunity at its finest.

TheDonBot knew the week had been a long one... he had spent it multi-tasking; earning his Made Man promotion under Kathryn, writing his application for LA, skinning a GOAT to eventually make into a cloak... But as Disorder kissed both of his cheek-plates, TheDonBot knew the weekend ahead was about to be even longer.

TheDonBot wondered if the Godfather was up-to-date on his tetanus shots momentarily before he snapped out of his thoughts and rubbed Disorder's head.

"That should bring me the best of luck, I'm told."

TheDonBot paused. Raising his hand in the air and snapping his fingers twice, his two devoted robo-sociates appeared seemingly out of nowhere with a box of fine cigars. He grabbed two of them, handing one of them to Disorder before lighting his own. Clearing his vocal-circuitry, TheDonBot continued.

"I won't keep anyone from their illicit activities for long, except to express my most sincere gratitude to Kathryn for having guided me so well these last few weeks, and of course to extend an enormous thank you to Disorder for the city. The Robot Mafia from this point on will officially accept any and all 'congratulations' in the form of money. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a flight to catch and some paperwork to sign..."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Congratulations TheDonBot.

It's no easy task to put your thoughts and ideas down to be judged by others. It's no easy task to come out ahead of the best and the brightest our cities have to offer. It's no easy task to step up and take on a whole city by the reigns as an acting Godfather. It's no easy task to do all of this from scratch without an established family already behind you. It's not an easy task you've taken on. 

Having said that, I have every confidence you can make it work for you. You've shown maturity and insight in your getting this far, so there's nothing to suggest you won't make this venture into the success so many hope it will be.

You've done a lot of hard work to get this far. To get to the starting line and to the beginning. Now, the real hard work starts from here. Best of luck with it. 

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, TheDonBot. I must admit that I'm sorry to see you go- but I'm excited for the opportunity you'll have. You're certainly one of the most.... unique...

She grins.

men I've had the opportunity to work with, but your ambition and dedication are admirable. I wish you the best of luck in Los Angeles. 

Report Post Tip

TheDonBot Congratulations my friend. Headquarters won't be the same without your whirring sounds filling the halls but I know you will do great things in LA. 

Report Post Tip

Can you answer this oine Lillith? Why was a LV mobstr chosen for LA?

Lets see all the apps presented.

Report Post Tip

Fitz watches as some young nobody walks off the boat, asks a couple questions and then decides to blow their brains out before getting an answer. For a short time everyone looks at each other slightly bewildered at what just happened, before then continuing with their usual activities of tyranny and slaughtering of the innocent, which coincidentally is Fitz's favourite pastime.

Report Post Tip

She watched quietly and raised her hand to scratch her cheek softly. "Well thats a bit of a wast of air isnt it?" She tilted her head and spoke again softly. "But in anycase..." She turned to TheDonBot, "Congratulations there sir. I can not wait to see what you make it shape into." She bowed her head and headed out humming her soft tune.

Report Post Tip

Roxie shouts Did this guy not say show me the money?

Report Post Tip

Kharon spent a little time away from Summerlin Las Vegas in Los Angeles. At first he enjoyed the environment and beautiful weather. But then he noticed a lot of little gangs terrorising the streets. It seems to him that there was no order and structure in Los Angeles. He was notified that Disorder, Godfather of Paradise would make his way to Los Angeles to announce the results of the received applications for the position of Godfather of Los Angeles.

Walking towards the City Hall, Kharon noticed quite a crowd. People were speculating who would be the next to be Godfather of Los Angeles. At the center gate Kharon noticed Disorder's bodyguards were putting the crowd aside so Disorder could make his way to the stairs. Once standing behind a plinth Disorder said

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm delighted to announce, our winner and the new acting Godfather of Los Angeles, TheDonBot!"

Kharon looked around and saw TheDonBot turning pale and then red. He obviously was surprised he was given the opportunity to be the next Godfather of Los Angeles. 

Before leaving the City Hall, Kharon walked up to TheDonBot.

"Congratulations and good luck man. I surely hope you can bring order back in this beautiful city".

Report Post Tip

FuegoSteve was making his usual collections around the city of sin as he heard his Godfather's speech. Fuego wanted to make sure he paid his respects to the winner.

"Congratulations Senor Bot. Good luck in your adventure."

Report Post Tip

Did anyone hear the ducks?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The LA Casting Couch
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL