Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 22:30:08
Page:  1 
Those things not allowed to be said. Started by: Just-Target-Practice on Mar 15, '17 14:01
I'm a gamer and on several others too. I've been around a few years. To the God's it's becoming more and more widely talked about in other gaming areas about here being basically one group of mates just doing the rounds and therefore is....well a bit mocked really by other game sites and users. I'm sorry to say that bad news always travels faster than good and this is a case in point.

To me I couldn't care less really just wanted to highlight it. Numbers are dwindling and the words outside of the game are not complimenting at all.

I don't suppose there is much you can do really looking at it clinically. But certainly the external view is a social site for a core group of friends so not really to be taken too seriously or engage with...

I think I agree too tbh.

Nothing more than constructive feedback.
Report Post Tip

When the collective talents/efforts/determination/resources/sacrifice of some trump the amount put in by others, they more often than not see success.  You yourself were at the top of this game at one time, what did you do to get there?  How can you duplicate that success?  Did you use that journey upwards to make friends who would later help you get back to the top?

You will often see familiar names rise to the top because these people often played their cards right in the long game to return to success.  and they will stay at the top until there is enough people that think its better to go against them than with them.

Inaction and laziness is the cornerstone of a complacent group of people.  Every leader is in power because each and every single user wills it that way.  I'm not seeing daily rogues, stealth bg shots hourly, 1% attempts.  I see a collective userbase who through their action/inaction is saying "I am content enough with those at the top that I will just maintain status quo".

You can't replace the top if you don't possess the desire to make it happen.

Report Post Tip

"Numbers are dwindling"

Just curious though, since we show this on the login page and have for years.  You do realize we stay at about 500, and have for years?

IRC numbers have gone down as game chat has gone up.  Maybe this is what you meant?

Report Post Tip

"Numbers are dwindling and the words outside of the game are not complimenting at all."

I'd just like to note that especially in the last few weeks, average online user numbers have been sky-rocketing. 110+ in the evenings on weeknights? I literally logged in the other night and thought there was something going on simply because there were so many people around....

Report Post Tip

Along with all the very valid points Squishy has already mentioned in terms of work and input to the game, I think there's one thing that's very important that should also be said here.... they're wrong. 

Not to put too fine a point on it, but they're talking bullshit. 

It's hard to make a reasoned and reasonable reply to people who talk in the shadows, don't put their names to their messages and speak in hearsay rather than directly.

However, the point that it's a single core group of friends dominating things is absolute nonsense. I personally haven't been playing for a few years, but I'm pretty sure it was only a few months ago since Visas was dominating things. Shortly before that JTG was on one of his rampages. Shortly before that someone else would have been top dog. It's always dynamic, evolving and changing. That's how this world works. 

As for the current group 'at the top'. We've a handful of relatively new CLs still learning the ropes (and doing a frickin' amazing job in some cases it must be said), a few guys that have been around years yet making a pretty much first attempt at being bold, a few that I honestly couldn't even tell you their background as they're still new to me (I think they've been around a few years at this point, just not back in my day) and a handful that have old friendships. 

Know what's unique about that mix? Not a damn thing. There's nothing new there and nothing different to how it always is. The only thing that changed was a few people were a little more upset than usual on how a few things were handled. Which is great. It might fire some of those guys up enough to go and do something about it. 

Any player that whines things aren't to their liking and wants to see change but doesn't do anything about it doesn't deserve change. They deserve to called lazy. Nothing more.

Sat. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I don't think I ever once said things were not to my liking. I simply stated an observation through communication with other gamers on other sites. You do seem to trip out the same old lines over and over to distract from topic and claim 'whining' or whatever. This wasn't. It was a straight forward non attacking observation put as neutrally as would seem reasonable I think to most.

Your words come across many forums in much the same way, it's a bit dull to be honest, horribly predictable and wel....plain arse kissy. I'm not wining, not salty, not vengeful I simply stated an observation.
Report Post Tip

When it's not an observation of facts, as has been pointed out by admins and users alike, it tends to be one of those things you've mentioned in the vast majority of cases. 

I'd love to know what line I've rolled out repeatedly? I'd hate to ever think of myself as predictable. If it's "You're wrong" I do apologize, I'll try and be more creative in the future.

As for arse kissy? Seriously? Whose arse am I attempting to kiss here? Go do your homework, please. You can accuse me of an awful lot of things, the vast majority of them could even be true, but kissing ass will never be one of 'em.

Report Post Tip
Jesus....well I'm done. If you can't even come to an ooc forum to have an adult discussion then all is really really lost. I shall leave the hormonal teenagers to it.
Report Post Tip

Heh, the irony is strong in this one. 

When you make personal attacks on a poster rather than on a post and when you suicide rather than answering or engaging with genuine questions I'm not sure you can accuse someone else of being the hormonal teenager.

I'm not hiding behind a throwaway account. I'm always more than happy to engage in a discussion, on most topics. While I will happily admit I'd love to be a teenager again, I'm sadly not.

Report Post Tip

Damn, I was late to answer again.

Well the speaker first made a mistake.

"I am a gamer"... Well sorry but there is a problem here. Why someone who likes games to play this game? I don't want to be rude, but this game is not like playing a game in xbox, or ps, there are no graphics, hell there is not even the joy of finishing it.

In this game whatever you do, in the end you will die, i.e. you will lose. This game is not for gamers, sorry. I personally been here for like 10+ years, and I don't play any other game. I am not a gamer, nor I am here for the "game".

If you say that now there are cliques in the game, I will not disagree with you, but, there were before, and there will come more in the future. It happens, this is what people do. If someone is old player they will remember that cliques come and go. And if someone is a very old player will also remember how from day no 1 people were complaining to "Gods".

Oh please, yes maybe it would be better if the Gods were totally distant with everyone. But this game works differently, and people always act more differently when they end up killed and take it too personally, so much that they will say anything. The point is that you have the chance to change the game from the inside, pretty much as you blame other players for changing it.

Report Post Tip

This whole "I'm taking my ball and going home!" attitude has been around for years upon years. Some of the oldest bloodlines are guilty of it. Most call it "taking a break". Then you have the special ones that scream "I'm outties until this TYRANNICAL REGIME is out of power! Bring back Neil and Bob! They were real leaders!" or "BILLYBOB WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO EVER GAVE ME A CHANCE AND REALLY LISTENED TO ME!". Yeah, we all know those types. They make the most noise in the Streets after their bestie is removed from power. The number of these bloodlines that don't actually quit and just lurk in the shadows is probably higher than you think.

Guess what? Some of us feel the same fucking way when those that we feel are competent,experienced, and fair aren't running the game. This game is cyclical. In time we will die, the other group will take over, they will die, another group will take over. Do you not remember the two year rotation of power between Spike and JTG? Anyone remember "The CP" or "Anita"? Anyone remember how many other hated regimes there have been? Marietta and company? How is this current group worse than them? I mean fuck, if you knew the behind the scenes of some of those eras, you'd think this was a motherfucking walk in the park.

I've been here since the beginning of time and spent a couple years on .org before MR was even a twinkle in mario's eyes. This shit has ALWAYS gone on. ALWAYS. Back on .org it was Amber, The UN, etc etc etc... Here's it's been many others, some with those very same people. It's not their fault they play the long game (As Squishy said.). They know how to get on top and stay there. They play the politics, the community, they don't just click. They've LEARNED the way things work and somehow always find a way to the top, the current group of leaders and hands are no different than any other.

This current regime has been far more transparent than many. At least reasons like bus accidents and epidemics aren't being thrown around as a reason for entire cities being laid to waste. You may not like the way things have been done, but you're not the one calling the shots.

At the end of the day the only way to change things is to do something about it. That means (Here we go again, age old saying and all.) rank up and do something about it! 

Numbers have been consistent over the years as has been explained. Sure, some old bloodlines have left, some not so old have tucked tail and run off for greener pastures, but there are new people starting every day that stick around. 

At the end of the day the top dog is always a tyrant to someone, war happens, butthurt people exist, salt is everywhere, and we all are going to "die" eventually. It's what we do when we are "alive" that matters. So sit back and moan all you want or get off your ass and put into motion a plan to make this place the fucking utopia you want it to be. I'll bring the marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers (Gluten free if needed.)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Sure you're right on a point or two Lillith. But you lfailed to mention the "groups" are shrinking because of people like yourself.

Report Post Tip

Squishy, how often do we see newborns (vets) being handed rank to auth?  These new born, who put no time into the game (kin) are made hands. (LH means squat shit)

Report Post Tip

They put nothing into the game, SylvestorJr?

Unlike you, of course, who brings so much richness by spewing your nonsensical tripe here and there before topping yourself?

Report Post Tip

It does not surprise me or anyone left outside the loop to see you grace us with your presence SweetNothings. How much do you get paid for dick holding?

Report Post Tip

I would hate to hammer on points already made, but I will anyway. Now I will be the first to admit that we have cliques here. I also think it's safe to say promotions and auths are given to those involved in those cliques for lack of better term "easier" or "more frequently." Reading through I don't think anyone up and denied that altogether.

The idea that these people in these cliques just kind of show up and get the bold suit is... asinine at best.

I'll admit after my first time as a CL, it got easier to become one after that character. Did it get easier because I got the title once and now everyone just feels obligated to let me be a CL? No.. That's stupid. It's more like I know how to talk to people and I now know how "upper structure" works. Therefore I can "play the hand I am dealt" type of thing, I have learned.

The idea that new people are not given opportunities is a bit absurd also. I would hate to say it, but "back in my day" you created an account and you were thrown into the abyss. No tutorial to walk you through shit, no job board, getting recruited was more difficult.. I would go as far to say in some cases it was not new user friendly at all.. Compared to now. Now, I find myself being outplayed, outranked, and just plain outdone by new players. It took me a good... I am not even sure, I would say maybe a couple years? To get my first Made character. Why? because I basically had to teach myself to play the game. I am sure I had help along the way, but for the most part.. Self-taught. Now new players are making Consig, Don etc.. On their first run, sometimes even getting Hand spots.. Mainly because we usually live longer now than we did back then AND because our teaching of new players has improved drastically. Everyone is just more engaged. I have no statistical data to back up my claims, this is just multiple observations on my part. 

Last but not least.. I will admit that I have been a complainer in the past. Mainly admin/coding related things, but on a rare occasion I will "take a break" as Lilith pointed out if the current batch of leaders is not to my liking.. because I am lazy and do not have the ambition to try and overthrow them. Those days are well behind me though. 

I have much better things to be upset over, really I do...

Report Post Tip

Normally I'd jot a bit more in, but seeing as it's pretty late and I'm exhausted...

The thought that you have to be in a "group/clique" to succeed is laughable. Sure, it helps I'm sure...Personally, I wouldn't know though. I've literally almost always intentionally NOT joined up with the same 'groups' to avoid being labeled in any one particular mindset. I'd rather people think of me what they will, good or bad, based on my merit alone and not the collective merit of any group except the crew I'm currently fucking working for.

I've gotten authed or held LH/RH/HSL spots under so many different 'types' and people in 'groups' before, I've fucking lost count now, and never once considered myself one of them*

I'm going to drop one of my favorite quotes here as a general 'how-to-avoid-group-mentality-and-stand-out-for-yourself'

Show class, have pride, and display character... If you do, winning takes care of itself.

*Except The Robot Mafia. Shout-out to Joey Mousepad and Clamps, some true MVP motherfuckers<3

Report Post Tip

SylvestorJr, darling. Why would a person such as myself, rubbing shoulders with the elite even need to hold dicks? Especially when I can get Keypunch to do it for me, for free? He luvs teh cock!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

TheDonBot,  personally am attracted to the underdog because I possess qualities that are an asset to any such family.  You made a profound statement which is absolutely true.

"Show class, have pride, and display character... If you do, winning takes care of itself."

I will add even if you find yourself at the bottom of the river.  I lived both ends of the spectrum. My head is huge and I am anti salt.   

Report Post Tip

I find it funny that people talk about the group at the top being friends like its a surprise or a bad thing. Of course they are friends, thats how they got to the top by working together. Sure, they fucked over some of their other supposed friends to get there, but thats the Mafia. They'll be at the top until someone has the desire to remove them, such is the same for every group at the top thats ever been there.

At this moment, I'm not aware of any group of users bothered enough to change the leadership at the top, many of the people that normally could or would aren't playing because they can't be arsed. Thats not a reflection on those at the top, its just a cycle of things. Everyone gets to a stage where they can't be bothered putting in months of work on a character. So for dwindling numbers I guess the person is referring to the fact those that have been here for years are drifting away, but they will return when they are ready im sure.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Those things not allowed to be said.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL