Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 05:28:36
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Western Union Started by: Anubis on May 17, '10 13:31

The 5% fee is taking money out of the game when users wish to withdraw their money from it, I'm suggesting a tiny % interest that users would gain on say, a weekly, daily, hourly basis. Not something so tremendous that it will cripple the influx of money, but something to counterbalance the fee.

Report Post Tip

I really don't think the users need any sort of interest on their savings.

This would benefit crewleaders the most and some regularly have in excess of $10,000,000 banked. Deimne recently had in excess of $100,000,000 in his account which at your proposed 2% rate, would generate him $2,000,000 weekly, daily or hourly.

I really don't think this is required.

Report Post Tip

Quite a bit of the changes aren't "required", either. Maybe not 2% over any set amount of time, hell, it could be .01% nightly. I just think it'd be more accurate of having a bank that works in both directions than just one that takes money out.

Report Post Tip

We have far too much money in the game as it is, I don't see the benefit of adding more to the pile.

Report Post Tip

As an EWP Don CL, I'm sure you don't.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, because once I became a Don CL again I completely forgot about the proceeding levels of the game, which I spent the last several years playing and I am now completely oblivious to the nature of the game below my own current position.

Get a grip, don't be ridiculous.

Your suggested change, as I posted out several posts ago, would actually benefit an EWP Don CL like me, far more than it would you or a lower ranked individual. Luckily though, I can be object when I discuss issues and consider the impact they will have as a whole.

Report Post Tip

Your suggested change, as I pointed out several posts ago, would actually benefit an EWP Don CL like me, far more than it would you or a lower ranked individual. Luckily though, I can be objectoive when I discuss issues and consider the impact they will have as a whole.*

Shame I can't spell.

Report Post Tip

We've often toyed with the idea of city banked money producing interest, but in the end it would just further seperate the haves and have nots. 

Report Post Tip

I believe the idea of acquiring interest has been brought up in the past. This would be unrealistic from an RP standpoint. Besides the fact that the general goal moving forward is to remove money from the game (which is a positive) criminals would not have their money in a legit 'bank'. I believe "Bank" is used for lack of a better term, and could be translated in Mafia-terms as more of a place where illegal money can be held, like a stash house or something of the sort.

Report Post Tip

Ah, damn shame you can outwit me and make me sound like the guy who doesn't know what he's talking about. Also a damn shame your "objective" views ended in you getting DD'd in the past. shrugs

Report Post Tip

I don't need to outwit you, what you're proposing is ridiculous.

It was a shame, you're right. I'm glad that so many people came out to show their support for old Grin chop. Good times. Good times.

Report Post Tip

How is it ridiculous? I just recently got through with a conversation with Izzy who thought it was a good idea, but too hard to code. If we're trying to keep a BALANCE of money in the game, it only makes sense to have a way to put money in, AND take it out. I'll concede this argument after my conversation with him, but I'm still sticking by the fact that if we're losing money from something(even if it's optional,) that there should be a counterbalance.

Report Post Tip

If you add interest to the banking system, people will just let the money build up to profit from it. There has been an increased amount of complaining as of late about in game money and this wouldnt help the situation.

Report Post Tip

I've tried to explain this to you multiple times now, even when it is clear that you can't handle criticism of your idea and have to resort to having to get a rise out of me.

More money doesn't need to be added to the game. In fact, there is far too much in the game already, which is a big problem.

Anything that is going to add further money into the game is therefore a bad idea and not going to solve anything. It will only serve to exacerbate the problem.

The current game change, adding a 5% charge to the transaction removes some money from the game, which is a good idea. Your suggestion, of adding a % income from banked balances is going to benefit those with the most money banked. Those people are the ones who need the money the least, which as an EWP Don CL, I'm pretty much aware of.

If it was a % interest only on a set amount of banked money (for example, you only generate interest on amounts up to $250,000) it would be a better idea, but still not right for the game because of the money already in play being too great.

This obviously not even factoring in Anselmo's point that our depositing millions and millions of dollars in dirty money would be extremely stupid.

Report Post Tip

"I just recently got through with a conversation with Izzy who thought it was a good idea, but too hard to code."

It's not too hard to code, just a bitch to code it so its balanced.  Adding in interest accounts would need an offset, like bank robbery... which would result in people not using the banks, which means its wasted work :)  If it generates money, there should be a way for money to leave the game - hence our conversation about possible hard coded loans.  A person can chose to put up their funds for loans, set the rates, and approve/deny them.  It carries a risk (possibility of the money leaving the game), but could also be profitable.

Report Post Tip

I quite did like the idea of that, one I think I might start a suggestion thread on and use our conversation as a basis. This would most definitely have a risk/reward, and solve the problem like Gwarble has been stating of "too much money."

Report Post Tip

Interest on banked cash is a bad idea. There's absolutely no need for it and given time, all it will do is heavily skew the game in favour of those in power for long enough to exploit it. The 5% WU fee has nothing at all to do with it because that is optional. So, a CL doesn't use WU, sits on wads of cash and soon enough is rolling in it. In effect, 0% leaving, 2% (or whatever) coming back on top and that snowballs when people start "saving".

Pointless. As has been said, there's too much money in the game, we don't need mechanisms where people earn more money for nothing.

Report Post Tip

Just echoing sentiments- there's FAR too much money in the game at the moment as it is. Please don't add interest on banks. Please.

On another note, yay for Western Union!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Western Union
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL