Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 02:32:15
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: New Tips (Beta testing) Started by: Anubis on May 17, '10 14:26

Ok, we've opened up for toolbar users two new drug tips. Along with the normal "near city" drug tip, we've added a Site Wide option, which removes the local city restriction but acts as the normal tip in every other way. We've also added a much desired "Drug Specific" option. These tips are only available for toolbar users, and we hope to hear some feedback.

Report Post Tip

CHANGE:

Site Wide Price: 1.5 times as expensive as normal tip

Drug Specific Price: Twice as expensive as normal tip

Report Post Tip

Rumor has it that Los Angeles is paying top dollar for Cocaine at this moment.
Or you may want to consider picking up some Cocaine in New Orleans.
I'm not sure how long these prices will last though.

You slide him an envelope containing $23,000

That one at least seems to be functioning correctly. Top notch idea and implementation, Anubis.

Report Post Tip

Oh, and before it's asked, YES. All three of these tips will still help towards your Tip count for units.

Report Post Tip

I love this too--I can't count how many times I sit in front of my computer going "high coke...high coke" and then it gives me high barbs or heroin.  I'll gladly pay twice the amount if I can buy something low.

Looks like you've been busy lately Anubis--you should be this busy on amazing new things all the time! :-P

Report Post Tip

Ok, and now that I've lied to you again, Now only the REGULAR drug tip will help you towards your units.

BUT!

As a compromise, because of this, we've also made the drug specific tips variable based the average price of the drug you're tipping for.

Report Post Tip

It's a nice change, but I really don't agree with using the toolbar as a vessel to make money off of. The perks it had were purely information related - but now it's been changed into a potential money making platform.

Report Post Tip

So, being able to easily and quickly see people online in your city to PP wasn't an easier way to make money? How about being able to petty and felony on the exact second? (Granted, there are other toolbars, but still...)

Report Post Tip

A petty crime that has a maximum value of $5,000 and that can be done without a toolbar given a good info sight and a peer on the online list isn't the same as getting the exact location of drugs that can potentially go in the 100-200k range :)

Report Post Tip

Quite true, there is a significant difference in the money coming from each. I was just pointing out that there's definitely a lot that comes from the toolbar, including(even if limited,) money.

Report Post Tip

I actually love it :) I'd always thought it was a nice idea to put forward, but never did :P Will it always be only the people with the toolbar or will it be available for everyone?

Report Post Tip

I have to agree with Nujabes here.

We will 99% likely see a huge difference in earnings between those with the toolbar and those without. I think it would be a good idea to make it available to all users, regardless of the toolbar.

Report Post Tip

The toolbar is available to all users, its easily purchasable by game cash and it will easily pay for itself by increased efficiency / aka more earnings power in a shorter time frame.

Report Post Tip

Don't suppose we can have one more tip that gives us city specific information similar to drug specific info?

IE: I know I'm travelling to X city for an IA or business district post, can I get a list of the high and low drug in that city?

Report Post Tip

CanisLupus, we've converted the site wide to be a city specific tip. It makes more sense that way anyway.

Report Post Tip

Awesome change. And now anyone that moans at the fact that it shouldn't be apart of the toolbar is wrong. I am sorry but everyone can make atleast 2mil in a month. That 2mil gets you 10 CD's and still have change spare. Now those 10CD's are two months worth of toolbar unless you use 5 for your own benefit on jail breaking.

Its not a hard task for anyone to get the toolbars so.. I must say this is fantastic and I can safely say that the Heroin one on the Drug Specific tip is working just fine as it has done wonders for me just a moment ago.

Thanks Anubis, outstanding game change my friend.

Report Post Tip

Anubis,

I meant more destination city data instead of current city data, but I am not stuck on the idea -- just throwing it out

Report Post Tip

I like this idea.  it is rather expensive, but I love the idea of no restrictions. 

I also like the fact that it's for toolbar users only XD 

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: New Tips (Beta testing)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL