Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 19:21:46
Page:  1 
pet talk Started by: Madame_St_Clair on Mar 28, '17 04:29

Anyone here know the heart crushing pain of losing a pet?

Report Post Tip

I do. Lost 2 generations of cats, home born, to two viruses without a cure. FIV and FELV the vets called them... First gen died half a year from being born, the second 2 months after birth, all six during the same day Since then I just nourish some homeless cats leaving them food outside in my garden, not accepting them in my house, in order not to attach myself too much to them and not feel the pain you probably feel at the moment. It was seven/eight years ago, but I still remember it as it was yesterday...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I am sorry for your loss. That had to be really really hard on you.  My cat was with me 11 years. A dew months ago I noticed labored breathing. I took him to the vet and they drained the fluid from his lungs so we can get a clear picture of his heart. He was placed on medication but the fluid returned. I took him to the vet yesterday and while there he took a turn for the worse which I rigorously questioned. My eyes were so swollen when I awoke this morning and the tears continue. 

My family, social circle, and roommate say get another cat right away, but I am not feeling that idea. Like you, I don't want to get attached and live this pain again. Did you by any chance use a support group to help you with your broken heart? I learned in the middle of the night most of the hotlines are shut down.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you.

Report Post Tip

Destiny will probably be stronger than our fates.... 11 years in cat life X7 is like 77 for a human. We and cats altogether should be happy with our current lives coz we live em as we feel they should be.

Another one? WTF? Nah. Every life is different. Till you keep it/them in your head, I am sure, when you die (if), you will meet them again, and maybe talk to them? Or them talk to you...

Report Post Tip

I have lost two cats two Gerbils a hamster and two dogs. The first cat to pass on was almost nine years old and we had come home to it laying in the bathroom sick as if it had gotten into chemicals. come to find out my cat had liver and kidney failure which we had to put her down three days after switching between two vets. We buried her under the dogwood tree in the yard. Two years later my eleven year old cat, who was close to the first cat became severely depressed, when my grandfather died, the cat had to be put down due to being malnourished and and refused to move. My one dog killed my gerbils. so the gerbils and the older 11 year old cat was put under the dog wood tree. Two dogs. one was put down due to attacking people. and the other was old... my grandfather had let her out one day to do her business and she fell over and would not get back up... he went out to pick her up and was heartbroken. he would not tell us until three months after the poor dog passed. We also had rabbits which... escaped and had been attacked by stray dogs and cats. as well as hit by trains. Every animal we had, was buried under the dogwood tree. 

Honestly, just think, they are up their watching you from the starlight. One day you will see them again, be it dreams or eternal sleep just cherish the memory of them and you will feel better. It does hurt, you will feel upset especially if they were in your life for a long time. But! You can talk to others with similar experience in the matter. If you need someone to talk to about it feel free to send me a mail, I will gladly try my best to help out

Report Post Tip

My pet goldfish.. Buttercup...

Report Post Tip

I had a baby pit her name was princess i was so sad when she got hit by a big truck😭

Report Post Tip

Yea - I got a dog with my GF/wife when we were about 20 and playing house together.

The dog lasted through our marriage and the birth of our 3 children.  She kinda fell down the pecking order as time went on - but I was still upset to lose her a couple of years back.  Our youngest just absolutely loved her.  Spent hours with her every day.

Alas, feeding/walking/training/cleaning up dog shit is a lot of work when you have 3 little ones running around too.  We just ain't ready to get another one.

Report Post Tip

Christmas Eve mid day I got the news my 9 year old dog (almost 10) passed away, so wasn't a great time.

Report Post Tip

I lost my Boxer a year and a half ago.  It hurts.  

Report Post Tip
I lost a teacup chihuahua. Still is painful
Report Post Tip
Yes Everytime we lost our pets and we have had many over the years.
Every time is painful . Then looking for another.
Report Post Tip

Lost a dog to kidney failure as he just hit one, they think someone either soaked something with anitfreeze and gave him it or was born with a condition.     The worst part is when they started treating him he perked up but was a false positive as kidneys had already shut down.

Report Post Tip
One of those pains you can never get over. No one else will ever be as close to you as your pet.
Report Post Tip

It is hard to loose a pet as I have had lost two cats in the past. One where I had to put one down due to a fractured hip, the vets couldn't do anything for him and o e to old age.

Report Post Tip

Had to put my dog Sundance to sleep.  He had got really old.  We could tell the pain he was in.  He could hardly walk.  It was heartbreaking.  But so many good years with him. 

Report Post Tip

Well this is an insanely depressing topic! Yeah I've had to put a few pets down over the years it's never easy to do.

Report Post Tip

Have lost a couple of dogs during my life-time, hurts like hell loosing them...

Report Post Tip
Recently my dog was struck and killed by a car. They never bother to stop
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: pet talk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL