X

May 18 - 09:43:34
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
New Petty Crimes Started by: Mort on Mar 28, '17 12:50

Hey all,

The other day when I was grinding to rank up, a thought popped into my head: 

'Wouldn't it be cool if there were more petty crimes?'. Yes! Yes i believe it would be. I understand there's a point where a crime is no longer a 'petty' so I've taken that into account too.

Anyways, i have thought of some potential candidates I believe are worthy of becoming said crimes.

These are:

-Robbing a local business e.g A Jewellery Store. I know we have the petty 'Rob the local post office' but maybe this can be a slightly higher tier petty, therefore offering more cash (roughly 600-1200$) and XP if successfully completed.

-Holding up a wealthy person, i don't know if this can actually be pinpointed as a petty, but it would be cool to see something like that added one way or another. Once again, this can offer more XP and cash (don't have any specific price in mind).

-Selling counterfeit goods, possibly something along the lines of knock off phones. This one could be used as a filler, I'm thinking between 'Con a poor schlub' and 'Extort a shop owner'. This one will offer less money (250-450$) and XP than the other two I've recommended. 

Conclusion

If these were implemented, it would add a little more flair to the game. I'd assume achievements would come with them too, therefore enabling players to work to get the achievement(s)

I believe that a new petty crimes or even multiple are long over due, they've been the same since I can remember. 

What's your opinion? Do you believe they should be implemented? And do you have any recommendations of any new petty crimes that should be added?

Report Post Tip

First off, knock-off phones would be outside of the realm of possibilities in the 1930's so I think some more thought should go into those crimes so that they line up with the time-frame we're supposed to be in.

While everyone likes a little bit of variety, I don't really get what this necessarily adds to the experience. The higher dollar crimes in real life are typically felonies and in this game the same is true.

$600-$1200 is perfectly achievable in the felony space.

That being said, having what the petty crimes are randomize or be based off of location or district might be fun but I just don't see it as a necessity, personally.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New Petty Crimes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL