Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 21:26:44
Page:  1 
Creativity - Suggestion for the Players Started by: Shantelle on Mar 30, '17 15:11

Since this is not a game wide suggestion for Admins to make a fix I have placed this in OOC. This is strictly something I feel players should control..

Often I see things where people complain there is not good RP. Not good anything to read and then we are plagued with mass mails regarding people wanting others to chip in for a spawn, or jail busting parties. For me, I hate these mailsl and I know I am not the only one out there.

So my suggestion is why not take these opportunities to the streets? If you are going to mass mail everyone and their dog about them why not throw some creativity into it?

You want some help for a durden spawn? Start a campaign in the streets. Roleplay needing able bodies to take them out and have a link to the credit transfer page somewhere in there.

Have plans for jail party? Start a riot outside of a city jail.

These are suggestions of ideas that would fit with it. Honestly, I would be more inclined to pitch in rather than a mass mail.

So my suggestion is to take the mass mails for things that could be RP'd and RP them. Bring something to the streets. Challenge yourself to write a story that everyone who wanted to could get involved in. You might get people that just send the credits, or go for the jail breaks but you will likely also get people contributing to the story as well. Double win, right?

Report Post Tip

Because many of the people that never look at the streets like receiving these things in mails.

The view of one individual honestly doesn't matter all that much when it's at odds with the views of the majority. A good leader or player will make it work for the majority of people, for obvious reasons.

Having said that, it is possible you could change views by showing a different way can work and encouraging more people to do things in a different way. If that's what you want to see happen, it's up to you to make it happen. If you believe you can do a better job of organizing a spawn via the streets or organizing a jailbreaking party via the streets.... go for it. Show others that it can be done.

Knowing the reactions I get from threads versus mails I know which of the two performs better 99.9% of the time... but even if you do sacrifice efficiency and performance to do it at least you'd have the fun of organizing a fun event in the way the game intended. Just don't expect others to follow your lead unless you're actually willing to lead on it. That just won't happen. 

Report Post Tip

Well maybe there is another problem then? Perhaps people are relying too heavily on the mails and not actually being encouraged to read the streets. Try not mailing out the stuff that gets thrown into the streets and see what happens for a little while?

I often wondered if people would stop hand holding. If there is a protection order, leave it in the streets. Dont mass mail it. Teach the people training their guns to actually look at the streets once in awhile.

It is an RP game, one that should encourage the streets and businesses and what not right? At least thats what people keep claiming so make people do it. You are in the position to do something, change something, why not?  I am not in that position.

I don't care to jail break or throw spawns but other people do. Sometimes I will chip in, sometimes not, just like everyone else but I would be more inclined to give if people used the streets because I do enjoy the stories. I do enjoy the streets.

You make it sound like I am the only person in the world that does not like these mails. I think most people are more scared to lose their characters right now because we see a lot of people that die quite frequently.

I opened this up as a suggestion for those that could do something and those that want to do all these events. To add a bit of creativity to our streets and the methods in which we try things out. 

Everyone says they are open to suggestions but I am not so sure about that.

Report Post Tip

Shantelle, whilst I agree with you, I also know of at least two instances of this happening; here and here. Whilst I did contribute both times, the organisers were forced to scrap the idea both times due to poor interest. I did enjoy reading both roleplays, because both were quite well written, but I know a large number of people had to be led to both of those threads by means of a mass mail, which reinforces TsuDhoNimh's point that they just don't get the interest they deserve without some serious prompting. It's unfortunate, but you can only lead a horse to water...

Report Post Tip

I know myself well, at least I think so. I can say I am a lazy mofo for writing stuff. More the monkey clicker kind. But I also think best inspiration comes in times of laziness, hard times, or unexpected moments. If someone demonstrates a good example on how to make spawns or jails more common, why not? Making a thread collecting credits as tips for a spawn sounds nice to me. Might change someone's luck in dicing too... I wont discuss further the philosophical topic of accepting someone else ideas as good or bad. Once you get one put in in practice.

Report Post Tip

There is a problem.

I am not in that position.

That's it. That's the problem right there.

You want others to go about doing things in a harder, less effective way that is purely to satisfy a small number of people. You're the only one of those people being vocal about it, but possibly there are a handful of others. Yet you say you're not in a position to do anything about it when you are. You 100% are. 

Organising a spawn or a jailbreak or any other 'thing' you might want to do doesn't require a character of a specific rank, it doesn't require a position (assuming you're not mass mailing, which is the only case you need backing from GFs or their hands) and requires nothing other than giving a shit and being willing to put in a little work. I say this as someone that organized weekly poker games via the streets, that organized newspapers with +10 writers via the streets and have done lots of things purely by the streets. If doesn't take anything but effort. To blow it off as a case of "I'm not the boss" isn't a reason, it's an excuse. 

You're sitting here asking others to work harder and do more to gain less, yet won't do it yourself. It's hard to take your request for others to change seriously until you lay down an example (and to be honest, it'd take multiple to really change minds on this) that your way works. Until you do that, most will simply ignore you. If you're not willing to put it into practice you clearly don't actually believe it or care about it.

If you genuinely care and actually want to see change, super. Go do it and show them it can work. It can. It's not as effective and you won't get as good results, but you can make it work for sure as many have in the past. If you don't care enough to actually do it, though, it's hypocritical to come out here bitching at others for not doing it. I say this as someone that actually wants to see you do it and help show people that it can be done, but there's a right way and a wrong way of going about it and having a quick rant about it without setting an example of how to do it better is 100% the wrong way. Sadly.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Good words Shantelle. Unfortunately, your suggestion on one idea has failed. My kin can prove it. The monopoly is n control.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Creativity - Suggestion for the Players
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL