Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 02:47:19
Page:  1 
Just a wrench in my hand Started by: Ducky_rossi on Apr 02, '17 06:59

Richard "Ducky" Rossi stood in the rain.  The Packard he had liberated from the dirty cop a couple states over had been well cared for, and could run alcohol and anything else where he needed to go.  But at the moment, standing in the rain of Chicago, he was starting to decide he hated that town.  There was nothing there, no one he really knew, but he had to find a place to stay, a job, he had to, his last job had fallen though when the man he had worked for went to go visit his Uncle for a few years... A long few years. 

He'd floored it and not looked back, but now, here he was, in a strange city, short on cash except what odd jobs he could get, and the Wrench in his hand, though he'd gotten offers to sell the Packard, he wouldn't not unless it was the only thing between him and death, mostly, because it could carry enough to set him up quite well, if he could make the connections, and partially because he was proud of it, he'd taken it from the abused wreck it had been when he had rescued it from the officer to the beauty it was now.

He sighed and lit up. 

"You know a place a guy could get some work?"  He asked the guy at the counter.  He'd spent his last few dollars renting a room at the flop house.  "Any kind'a work?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,735 Tip

"Well, I might know a guy, if you ain't against making some money."  Ducky smiled.  "Richard...

"Please, call me Ducky, It's a long story, but I don' mind any kind of work, an' the packard looks like hell but she'll outrun everything you got." 

He smiled.  "Good.  Go here, see a man, I lost a delivery driver.  You get the cargo where it's going, you got the job.  After you get the job, you get pinched we make your bail." 

So, it was rum running, he could do that, he'd done worse.  "No problem."  He took the card and went out to his car, started it up and drove away. 

No one ever expected much of Ducky Rossi, mostly because he walked funny and he was short and stocky, but he had a deadly temper.

Report Post Tip
Ducky showed up, but he didn't go without a weapon, his big wrench had found his way into his hand from the strap inside the door where he kept it.

He didn't know at first what had set him off, but something felt off. His hand tightened on the wrench. "Mr Carlucci?"
Report Post Tip

He saw the blood and looked around.  Trying to figure out if the killer was still there.  It didn't take much more than a glance to figure out the man was dead, riddled with bullets.  He saw the movement out of the corner of his eye, and without waiting he swung the wrench bringing it down hard on the wrist holding the tommy gun and then raising it again to connect with the guy's head.  The second guy fell just as fast, and he tried not to panic.  Quickly he rifled through what was around taking any contraband around and putting it in the compartments in his car then he drove back to the hotel as if nothing happened. 

"Sir, there was a problem." 

"What sort of problem?"  The guy looked like he was ready to hear some pissant problem, like he was expecting the guy to come up with some excuse, but Ducky was sure he wasn't expecting this. 

"The man you sent me to had been murdered, I don't know who they work for, but the two men who were there trying to kill me are dead too." 

"Where did you get heat?" 

Ducky just shook his head.  "No gun, Jus' the wrench in my hand." 

Report Post Tip

Walking in the rain, kicking up water as she went. She wore a school girl uniform and drug a stick around, out of bordem. Whistling her long black hair plastered to her face, gold eyes shining she watched a man though, she walked along the streets. She was shooed from the shelter of overhangs at the shops. Staying away from the HQ she belonged to as she tried her luck at jobs. 

She made her way in front of a hotel and was seeking shelter from the downpour for even just a bit as she saw the man who had disappeared from sight earlier. Wondering what kind of person he was, and what he was up to. She would walk up behind him, as quietly as possible, she tried to take his wallet from his pocket. Hoping that if she was able to get away with it she could at least find a place decent to stay. 

Report Post Tip
He was used to pickpockets. Had learned the trade himself. "You know there ain't nothin in the wallet, I ain't got much." He did quietly to the figure. 'Sides you don want me to come after you." His hands were still red from the blood. An I got a way maybe we both make some money."
Report Post Tip

He shrugged, the pickpocket had not responded, so he went back to his previous business, trying to find a way to unload all the contraband he had gotten.  For now it could sit where it was, no one would find it, but he didn't want to keep it there too long if he could help it. 

Report Post Tip

She stared blankly at the man before wringing out her hair and going to sit beside the door watching and waiting for the rain to quit outside. Slowly letting her eyes close worn out. She watched the lobby become quiet before she fell asleep next to the door. By morning she would be back on the road looking for a way to make a quick buck.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Just a wrench in my hand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL