Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:28:23
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
GAME CHANGE: Profile Tags Started by: Kendra on May 24, '10 17:37

remember the old "HoldHandsAndCuddle.org"?

Welcome.

Report Post Tip

I, at first instantly disliked, but continued reading everyone else's comments and ignoring James as usual. I would have to side with both Gwarble and Scandia. This used to be a game of skill, either at hitting or roleplaying. Neither is so any more. We have shooters and people attempting to be role players, not withstanding we still have a few good ones around. Those of us who have taught either one or both, don't see the need for it any more as it no longer takes any skill. We have changed so much just in the relatively short time I've been playing compared to others, it is incredible. And many of those changes have gone against players' opinions or wants. We all understand the need for money, the need for a larger database, the latter of which I assume is why this is being done. However as Scandia (why do I keep agreeing with that man?) pointed out in another post, will the edging out of the old school players with all this balance out for the gods? I sincerely hope so for their and the game's sake.

Another thing I wished to mention, is that the majority of stupid shooting mistakes happen because someone is overtired or whatever, or simply doesn't read. And as all ready pointed out, the categories other then -48 are legal for anyone to shoot so why do they need any kind of labeling?

Report Post Tip

Be careful taking my side. It tends to leave a pain in your back and your ears burning. Face gets nothing though..

Report Post Tip

i think its a great change.

two thumbs up

Report Post Tip

Those of you who say we are taking the skill out of wacking, what can we do to add it back in?  I would love to make a feature that you can turn on/off, if you want to make it take more skill if that is what users wanted.

Report Post Tip

I don't know about being able to turn it on and off. I'd rather it was in or it wasn't.

Combine the current system with the old 3 window system.

You have your profile window. You refresh the profile window to the point where the rank changes to Gangster. At that point you must add a hit on your target and press wack.

Now. How to combine. What I would do is allow anyone who has a hit on that target to shoot. You must have a hit on a none online member to shoot them (this will also bring something in to wars. Cannot sit and refresh anyone anymore.)

You're allowed to hit the wack button 10 times in any 60 second period. You can do it whenever but only 10 times. After that you are locked out for one minute. So if you choose to hit wack 10 times in the first 10 seconds of an IA 'period of turning' then you might get lucky. Otherwise you can hit it 9 times then refresh the profile so you know the last one is saved. Or you can wait, take a chance on your speed of hand and do it the old fashioned way.

Don't know how easy that is to code and if it can be expanded upon but thats the general gist.

Oh. And remove all coding to do with -48, MIA's etc etc and all colouring on the obits. It's a leaders job to police it if they wish. We don't need colours and the like to find out. If you cannot add up the times that make -48 you don't deserve to wield a gun.

Report Post Tip

I quite like the current system, if I'm being honest. It makes wack more accessible to those with slower connections, and those with slower computers. I think any changes to the current IA Racing system will just push the game towards a more elitist crowd, and leads to the same accounts having the strongest guns over and over.

" If you cannot add up the times that make -48 you don't deserve to wield a gun." - I don't think that was the intention of the blue and red colouring. The blue colouring was to show that -48 was 'innocent' in attack terms and shows they had performed nothing that warranted their death, and the red colour showing that they are not 'innocent'.

As far as the (-48) tag in their profiles I think this is there so that people shoot the accounts the second they turn +48; rather than your suggestion that people cannot add up times.

I agree with you to some extent regarding the tags though; I see no reason for RIA or NPC to be in profiles. Having MIA is useful for those that use the 'Detective' tip, fly and then find out they can't shoot it as it's an MIA. But like I said, RIA and NPC in the profiles just seems a bit over the top, imo.

Report Post Tip

Twelve people were more than happy to 'dislike' this new feature, and yet only one person managed to give us a genuine suggestion to make this better/fix the problem.

Thank you, Chade. A wonderful suggestion it was:

What i was going to suggest, is can this be something everyone has when they first create a character, but once they have done x number of kills, or maxed ranges and are reguarly shooting, that it is removed. By that time, they should know what is right to shoot and what isnt.

I will be certain to pass that information on to the coder that put this feature in, and hopefully they will take the bait. Well done!

Report Post Tip

I actually thought that I made a suggestion also when I said this.. "I see no reason for RIA or NPC to be in profiles. Having MIA is useful for those that use the 'Detective' tip, fly and then find out they can't shoot it as it's an MIA. But like I said, RIA and NPC in the profiles just seems a bit over the top, imo.".

My idea was to remove the 'RIA' and 'NPC' tags entirely. I have to be honest though, I like Chade's suggestion. Perhaps removing them all apart from MIA once a certain trigger is met would be a good idea since we are limited on the amount of MIA's we are allowed shoot per 48 hours?

Report Post Tip

I was referring to all the posts before Squishy's, which was asking for ideas on how to revamp wack or make it more challenging. I apologize if you thought I was speaking about your post (which was in response to his, I believe)! :)

Report Post Tip

No no, my apologies are due here not yours; I shouldn't have assumed you were referring to me to begin with. I apologise for jumping to conclusions.

It was more of a reply to Scandia rather than Squishy; which was a reply to Squishy. Either way, you know what I mean :)

Report Post Tip

Kendra, I have no clue as to how coding a game works and that is unfortunate as it puts me in a position of stating I don't like something without any constructive suggestions as to how to fix it. That primarily is why I don't express an opinion often.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Profile Tags
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL