Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:45:17
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard Catch Up/Deterioration Started by: Kendra on May 29, '10 19:19

Lately a lot of discussion has taken place about some of the larger features of the game, trying to find ways to make things work and benefit everyone. When the game was originally written, a majority of the code was note written to support characters capable of reaching large amounts of wack and defense skill. Today, we would consider these characters almost 'normal' or 'commonplace'. As people live longer and achieve feats that were never even dreamed up at the inception of this game, the owners, coders and admins of the game have to try and make adjustments to the code- not only to keep up with these monster accounts, but to update the code/math and "bring everything back into spec".

Our latest bodyguard change (found here) was implemented to help balance the current system, while (as always) trying to retain a somewhat fair playing field. However, sometimes when we make a change, it affects some players more so than others. Many players, before this change, had stacked up on a multitude of bodyguards knowing that they would never drop below 60hp each and therefore would remain at least more than 50% effective. After the change we found that a large group of people were suddenly faced with the problem of living outside their means, meaning they simply had more bodyguards than they could afford.

With all of the above in mind, and after much extensive discussion, we are finally working on the final tweaks to the bodyguard degradation system. We hope that with these changes those that work hard will have an easier time maintaining their bodyguards, and those who are currently in over their head with the bodyguard upkeep will have the ability to get it under control.

So to gear up for these changes, today we are beginning to put things on a level playing field.

As of now, BG HP is now frozen for exactly 7 days. BG's will not degrade any amount of HP on a daily/nightly basis. For example, if they are currently at 97, they will stay at 97 for the next 7 days.

Along side this change, we are giving everyone the opportunity of a lifetime by cutting BG healing prices in half. Normally, BG healing prices are 12K per 1HP. For the next 7 days, they will be 6K per 1 HP.

After 7 days bodyguard degradation will resume as normal but in a modified manner from the last system:

If your BGs sit around idle for 23.5 hours a day, their skills will deteriorate as they sit around chatting and drinking coffee, getting lazy and less effective. However, if for a few hours a day they are constantly having to watch out for you, supporting you in your daily work, their skills will not deteriorate as fast since they are actively putting in a large amount of work.

What it boils down to is, the harder you work, the harder your bodyguards will work, and therefore the more active and healthy they will be. The more work you do, the slower they will deteriorate. The less you do, the closer to the full amount of deterioration will happen.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is not all. After the 7 days are up, another addition is being put into the bodyguard system. Rewards will be implemented for those bodyguards that get trained on a (somewhat) regular basis. You will find that a bodyguard who has been trained say, 6 times, in some cases will out perform better than the other bodyguards who have only been trained once or twice. Long term loyalty to your bodyguards will ensure you their loyalty back, and they will provide better protection than ever before.

Enjoy!

Report Post Tip

If your BGs sit around idle for 23.5 hours a day, their skills will deteriorate as they sit around chatting and drinking coffee, getting lazy and less effective.

I hope this doesn't apply to RHM. Being idle for 23.5 hours a day would be something of an improvement for Colin.

Although saying that, I suppose it is virtually impossible for him to be less effective.

Report Post Tip

Joking about the inability of Colin aside for a moment, having re-read this, I would like to ask:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is not all. After the 7 days are up, another addition is being put into the bodyguard system. Rewards will be implemented for those bodyguards that get trained on a (somewhat) regular basis. You will find that a bodyguard who has been trained say, 6 times, in some cases will out perform better than the other bodyguards who have only been trained once or twice.

Does this mean that the amount of times BGs have been trained before those 7 days are redundant? So, if you had X who had trained his BGs every 5 days up until now and Y who had never trained his BGs up until now, both X & Y would be on a level playing field of 0 after the 7 days or would X's previous trains count at all?

Report Post Tip

A great question, and I'm glad you asked to clarify that point, actually. Unfortunately, there is no way to track or obtain records from previous bodyguard trains, so retroactive heals will not count toward the total heals for the rewards system.

All training that has been done since the BG HP was frozen today (and all future BG HP trains) are being recorded for this new feature. There was nothing in place before that could really track it, but rest assured we are making sure that every heal that takes place from this day forward is counted.

Report Post Tip

A fantastic change. I have to say very fantastic. Finally BG's mean a lot more. Now a question...

Will we be able to train our BG's soon? Lets say my BG's for example are currently on 96.. and I was gonna train them in a few hours when they are trainable, Will I be able to train them in the next 7 days because otherwise their current effectiveness won't be very effective until I can train them?

Report Post Tip

Our latest bodyguard change (found here) was implemented to help balance the current system, while (as always) trying to retain a somewhat fair playing field. However, sometimes when we make a change, it affects some players more so than others. Many players, before this change, had stacked up on a multitude of bodyguards knowing that they would never drop below 60hp each and therefore would remain at least more than 50% effective. After the change we found that a large group of people were suddenly faced with the problem of living outside their means, meaning they simply had more bodyguards than they could afford.

To be honest I really liked the change as the people - as you said - living outside their means were facing the consequences of doing so - which added more realism to the game. I think those who can afford BGs because their successful enough deserve them and those who cannot keep up with responsibilities of hiring a BG shouldn't have one - simple as that.

I doubt that I could go to agency and hire two or three BGs then after two, three days I find out that I can't pay them and the agency would come to me to offer me ways how this could be changed. I mean if I think I deserve a load of BGs then I should think about the consequences moneywise. I really liked the change before because - as I already said - it added more realism to the game. An earner running around with 32 bodyguards would've gotten pretty rare I guess.

Report Post Tip

Just a quick question, when does the week start? Is it from the announcement of this change, or from when it actually started. (The reduction in the BG healing price started before this announcement by a few hours- they could make a difference.)

Report Post Tip

The price will go back up to 12,000 7 days after this thread.

Report Post Tip

Cheers Scott :) Thanks for the quick response.

Report Post Tip

This change really is great, especially those who have so many bg's . Plus it will make members of the community to work harder REALly HARD in our world to keep these bg's alive and kicking.

Report Post Tip

Super! Can't imagine anyone not loving this.

Report Post Tip

Maybe the people that healed all their BGs only hours before this was in effect... :'(

Report Post Tip

awww :(

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Bodyguard Catch Up/Deterioration
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL