Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 00:52:47
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Petty/Felony/OC (Intimidation) Answers Started by: Squishy on Apr 16, '17 00:32

We have severely jacked up the amount of theft skill you get from high end start up %'s for intimidation.  This will greatly benefit you on petties, felonies, OCs and anything else that uses this stat during the lower ranks. This will have a noticeable difference in OC successes if one of your members carries this high stat.

Report Post Tip
Thank you for the notification
Report Post Tip

Great change I think. Will the effect tend to scale off as you approach higher ranks or will there always be a benefit to having intimidation answers?

Report Post Tip

Ilyich, I am completely making up numbers here to illustrate a point, don't take any of this as actual game math.

Lets say a normal wack account has a 50% theft at start up and has 50 theft points.

That same account but with 80% theft will have a 3000 theft points at start up.

That same account but with a 100% theft will have 10000 theft points at start up.

There will be thugs running around with better OC skills than capos.

But there is a diminishing return when you compare the difference:

That 50% theft guy is now capo and has done a boat load of crimes so now he is 7050 theft points

That 80% theft guy is now capo and has done a boat load of crimes so hes now 10000 theft points

That 100% theft guy is now capo and has done a boat load of crimes so hes now 17000 theft points.

The higher theft guys will always be better, but it matters less once you are higher ranked and work with OC groups that normally succeed anyway.

I personally find other stats like info/stealth/wack a little more enticing, so I wouldn't personally use this at this moment on my own playing character, but, it does open the doors to adding in some payout modifiers with OCs or other things that may take advantage of this in the future like specialization roles for OCs (Info guy gets intel, stealth guy breaks in and checks if the coast is clear, wacker is the muscle to wave the gun around if he needs to calm a crowd, safe/lockpicker does the final deed, bla bla bla)

The better fit they are for the roles, the better chance of success kinda thing.

Report Post Tip

In terms of the broader game (outside of OCs) this seems pretty consistent. E.g. currently wack answers give a much greater return initially which has diminishing returns with time past; a maxed gun at day 1 has much more value pound-4-pound than +50 kills to a 200 day old account for which +50 is only 5%.

I'd share the view with you that - at the moment - it's not something I'd use, I'd love to see a development in which certain answers posed a genuine question, potentially even forced a choice about the account you'd want to play. But I don't think that's a particularly feasible possibility without a significant revision of the actual gameplay mechanics.

Either way I like this as a change. If nothing else it rewards the players who aren't here to shoot/pro/find locals as kathryn already mentioned that suggestion thread.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Petty/Felony/OC (Intimidation) Answers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL