Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 14:29:42
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Durden Risk Started by: Kendra on May 30, '10 18:07

The time has come for the Durden family to finally, finally, show they mean business.

Before, when you've missed on a Fight Club member, there has been a slight chance that they would shoot back. Mostly it would be a few moments of heart pounding terror before you would laugh away their feeble attempt at getting you back.

However... that system has been tweaked. From this point forward if you shoot a Fight Club member that is 'out of your league' skill wise and you miss, there is a chance that if they shoot back you will end up six feet under. There will rarely be any backlash if you shoot someone lower or equal to your rank, but the further away the Fight Club member's rank is above yours, the more increased the risk is that you will die if they return fire.

Take care with choosing your targets: now may be a good time to re-evaluate where you stand wacking skill wise, so you don't end up dead!

Good luck, and enjoy!

Report Post Tip

Great addition, hopefully they won't get pro wacked as much now.

Report Post Tip

So what all will go into account how much better of a chance those ranked above you has at killing you? Strictly rank, for example: Every rank they get a 10% chance better of hitting you. Or will it by case by case. Bg, rank etc.

Report Post Tip

Delighted to hear it, excellent.

Report Post Tip

JakeSully, we're not likely to divulge exactly what the chances are, it's just safe to say that it's ill advised to take on shots that are a few ranks above you and you know you're likely to miss. We like to keep things vague, it keeps users on their toes! :D

Report Post Tip

This gives a more thrill in looking for those poor Durdens

Report Post Tip

Very nice! One question though..

What was to happen if someone with a decent gun lets say.. 150 kills and was a Don. He was demoted to get BG's so... When he comes to shooting Durdens again.. this will still go ahead if he were a Gangster and to shoot at Consig Durden and miss? (Very unlikely of course cause of his nice gun but for example)

Report Post Tip

Ive been waiting for this :D

Report Post Tip

I am thrilled to read this honestly.

Report Post Tip

Diablo, I think thats simply a risk the hitter must choose to take and remember he just got demoted for bgs so his defence is much stronger than a normal gangster.  Also  skilled hitter would generally know their limits.

Great addition, was waiting for this one.

Report Post Tip

A great addition in my opinion.  I often get irritated with folks pro-wacking to save targets for later.  Hopefully, this will cut that down a bit.  Also, I'm glad more risk will be involved.

Report Post Tip

Great idea! Again more realistic... for a low rank to shoot at a high rank is usualy suicidal. This reflects the way it should! Nice touch!

Report Post Tip

Thats a great Idea becuase they are mobsters and everyone knows mobsters Fight Back. Really cool

Report Post Tip

It is about time more risk was involved, a welcome addition.

Report Post Tip

Often, when something gets tested, we come across interesting bugs.  Here are a few I got a giggle at.

[02:59] <~MafiaReturns> TylerDurden can't attack None REASON: You don't even have a gun...

[03:00] <~MafiaReturns> MarlaSinger can't attack XXXXXXXX REASON: You don't even have a gun...

(Marla and Tyler didnt do the 75 petties, never got a gun, since it uses some of the same similar wack code, she.... was restricted from the game to take a shot... this was soon fixed)

[03:10] <~MafiaReturns> TylerDurden can't attack None REASON: Something has gone critically wrong. You feel blood gushing from your forehead

(Guns were fixed.. Tyler has "fake pro", he keeps getting automatically pro'ed by the game until Marla is dead, then his fake pro wears off.  The code to shoot back is as simple as a "Ok, what Tylers are pro'ed? ok guys, your lucky day, shoot back!"  So when it checks for Tylers pro'er, it cant find it.  Cant find it?  Must be 0!  Must be None!.  When you shoot at None, you get the fake wackback screen.  So in essence, Tyler fake wackbacked a whole crapload of times until this was fixed.

[03:29] <~MafiaReturns> MarlaSinger can't attack XXXXXXXX REASON: The user is protected, or not in your city.

Yes!  All code is working perfectly... however.. the little bastard flew on us.  Marla walks away disappointed.

[04:23] <~MafiaReturns> XXXXXXX was just attacked by MarlaSinger

The rain stops, the clouds part, blue sky is pierced by a huge ray of sunshine.  Marla worked.  (But missed... lazy bitch)

Report Post Tip

LMAO, thanks for sharing...that's hysterical!

Report Post Tip

Great addition to Fight Club crew. I am sure it will add a little more drama to the game when someone gets wacked backed by an NPC member.

Report Post Tip

Sweet Adition,, Now Lets see where our real hitters at

Report Post Tip

I thought this was already in effect. That is, the danger of a low ranker trying to wack a high ranker.

It is good to see an improvement though and hopefully those pesky proers go away.

Report Post Tip

Has a Durden ever killed anybody yet? Are we all just smart hitters, or the durdens are still pretty lame?

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Durden Risk
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL