Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 11:02:44
Page:  1 
The Windy City Started by: Disorder on Apr 19, '17 21:24

The four men had taken a tour around the various districts of Chicago. It had been a slightly less intoxicating and fortunately less embarrassing tour than the last time, when MonsterHair had removed the uniform of a terrified policeman and spent a good part of the evening demanding small change protection money from homeless people.

Now, after several meetings and toasts to inevitable good fortune ahead, they were however heading assuredly in the direction of drunkenness. The esteemed mobsters finally arrived at the regal Palmer House Hilton Hotel. As they headed inside the various staff members began work behind them, making the grand staircase into a fitting stage for a special announcement. People began to gather while inside the men met with the mayor and police chief. A final few rounds of glasses were raised and the four warm-faced mobsters walked back through the lobby to the platform, now surrounded by an expectant crowd. Godfather Disorder stepped forward and flanked by the finely suited drunks, began to speak.

"Good evening ladies, gentlemen ...and vermin of the press. 

This city has always been coveted and considered central to so many operations. Trafficking from the east and west as well as imports from the southern states and beyond the border, all converging here in this hub of business. We have therefore moved swiftly to install the foundations for a strong future here."

Turning, he cast a hand in the direction of the three men in the manner of a salesman attempting to accentuate the attractiveness of a cheap watch. The three man grinned, the way only smug drunks can. Disorder turned back to the gathering.

"With great enthusiasm and complete assurance, I would like to announce and introduce the future of Chicago!

Firstly we have Don MonsterHair. He will move his Monsters University family here to occupy The Loop and assume his role as Godfather Chairman. A man my line has been close to for many generations, he has always been a brother to me. A finer or more capable man you will struggle to find. Here at the center of all things Chicago, he will soon make announcements of his own about his plans for excellent new families and the future of the city. 

Next, we will see Don Prati move The Carrot Company to North Side. Prati is a man with strong spiritual conviction who's dedication and commitment to the cause, Jesus himself would struggle to match. He's done some extraordinary things to help our cause and shown himself to be a man of real character, strength and integrity. I'm very happy to see him have this chance to take the position of Godfather in North Side and establish a district in his own image. I trust him with my life and I'm happy to give him the chance to expand so that more people may come to know him the way I do. 

Lastly we have FuegoSteve who will move to South Side with La Hermandad and assume the role of Godfather in that district. Steve has very strong connections with our friends south of the border and he's knee-deep in the moonshine manufacturing industry. He's ideally connected for this role. Not just that, since his arrival in Las Vegas, Steve has time and again put his life on the line for our city. Again and again walked right into the line of fire, with no protection and fired shot after shot to help defend and avenge our people. He's an outstanding individual and a charismatic leader. I look forward to seeing him flourish in his new position."

Beckoning for the three men to come and stand beside him, he spreads his arms to present them all.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in congratulating these men. The future of Chicago!"

The crowd joined the Godfather in a round of applause and they all waited expectantly to greet the new leaders. 

Report Post Tip

Lacey stands in watch as Godfather Disorder speaks about the future of a city that her family line had worked in long ago, and she still visits on a regular basis. As a young-gun in the Las Vegas crime syndicate she had worked closely with some of the mentioned leaders making their move to the Windy City. As Godfather Disorder finishes his speech, she claps and turns slightly left to view the gathering of the mobile mafiosi making their way toward the airport.

"Congratulations, the lot of you. A fantastic move toward growth and a reason once again to visit the city I love so much."

Report Post Tip

Kathryn listens to the announcement with great interest, scrunching up her nose slightly at "vermin of the press", before stepping forward.

"Congratulations to each of you on this exciting opportunity. As Disorder already stated, Chicago is so central to our society- in more ways than one. It's never empty for long, and I'm curious to see what each of you will do with the opportunity. MonsterHair and Prati, I wish you the very best as you begin your next chapter. FuegoSteve, one of your relations served my mother with honor and skill, so I'm particularly thrilled for you to get this opportunity.

Here's hoping that the Windy City is kind to each of you."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations to all three of you. Godfather Monsterhair , Godfather Prati , and Consigliere FuegoSteve . I wish you all the best of luck in Chicago. I already know operations will be a success with such prestigious men and women at the helm in Chicago. 

I'll be sure to check out the business fronts that associates and those well within This Thing of Ours create.

Report Post Tip

FuegoSteve was late to the announcement as usual. This time it was an announcement about his own appointment to the head of a district in Chicago. Fuego could not be anymore happier than this moment. Running a district with his amigos was something he always dreamed to be apart of. He was very proud to have accepted the offer of Godfather of South Side.

"Godfather Disorder, thank you very much for the opportunity to make Chicago great again. The Windy City is one built on history and respect. I am definitely one to say I hope we can continue that trend and make the city as powerful and beneficial as it was in the past. 

To MonsterHair and Prati, I cannot wait to see how we can make this city great again. Its going to be a pleasure working with you both.

To dearest Lillith, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to run a crew under you. It was a great pleasure doing so. I will never forgot the opportunity you gave me."

Fuego took a pause to take a deep breath.

"To echo a saying Prati has me fixated upon, Let's Make Chicago Great Again!"

Report Post Tip

As always bobbi was lurking in the background hearing all this exciting news of Chicago's future. She had never been a huge fan of big gatherings like this as there was too many things that could go wrong. Having so many important figures of the underworld in the same place at once would be the perfect chance for a police raid or an ambush. Though the police raid seemed like a paranoid thought as the Godfather Chairman of Las Vegas seemed to have quite the relationship with the police chief himself. But still, it never felt right. 

Things was going smoothly though and as the Godfather Chairman of Las Vegas started to lay out the plans for Chicago. bobbi couldn't help but feel a big surge of excitement as things started to became clear. Seeing a man like MonsterHair getting the chance to be a front figure for the city was nothing but great news. They had known each other for what felt like ages and she had nothing but pure respect and admiration for the man. This couldn't get any better. She knew he would make the most wonderful job rebuilding the windy city together with Prati and FuegoSteve. 

Before exiting the regal Palmer House Hilton Hotel bobbi raised her glass, still in the background, with a thrilled grin on her face. She downed the glass and felt that warm feeling spread in her body. Stepping outside she was glad for the warmth as the windy city showed why it had gotten that specific nickname. She started walking while looking around. She couldn't help but to start panning seeing all the new opportunities laying in front of them.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Windy City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL