Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 04:29:54
Page:  1 
Mickey gets the Carrot in the North Side Started by: Prati on Apr 20, '17 18:06

Godfather %Prati was on sitting on his office, at his desk, thinking about what he should do with his new position in Chicago. Only +Mickey_Bowers was there with him.

"Hey Mickey... Sit down, will ya?"

Mickey sat down with a questioning expression on his face. Prati carried on.

"I never held it against you, that you are an Irish drunk, you know that?"

Mickey frowned and shrugged. There was no point arguing his drinking was anything other than that of a saturated alcoholic. The frown was more about the Irish slur. Prati was too busy talking to notice. Mickey was too drunk to linger on his thoughts without losing track of what the boss was saying.

"I think you know... What I'm going to ask you..."

Mickey shrugged again. 

"You've been... a very loyal man to this operation. A trusted Consiglieri... You deserve to be recognized for it..." 

Mickey smiled. 

"Now... I know what you are going to say... Yes, I need you by my side... And yes, it's very hard to find someone to trust these days... But it's time, Mickey. I need someone to go to the streets of North Side Chicago and explore new ways to make business. Carrots are the past, we need the business of the future. And I couldn't have anyone, smarter, more loyal, with a good brain between his ears, to take the lead in that charge..."

Mickey smiled broadly. His chest visibly swelled with pride at the floods of high praise from his Godfather.

"Charge into the future, Mickey... Show them what's what."

Mickey stood up as if commanded to battle by some inspirational old emperor. He looked determined and inspired. And drunk. Still very drunk. 

"Just stay off the booze on office hours, ok? It sets a bad example."

Godfather Prati stood up, walked slowly over to Mickey. He looked him in the eyes for a moment and then gently slapped his face.

"Go out there and announce it to people. I'll be here to help you on anything you need."

Report Post Tip

Congrats Mickey, I'm glad you're still close by! Raises a glass.

Report Post Tip

"Congrats Mickey, North Side just got better!" Winks at Mickey and shakes his hand.

Report Post Tip

Still hung over by his night at the local Irish pub, Mickey was hoping that he was really hearing his Godfather correctly.  He had walked the straight and narrow, well crooked and narrow was more like it, but he had been loyal to Godfather Prati for a long, long time.  He had hoped this day would come.  But was it really happening?   Then he felt the sting of a light slap across his face.  He knew Prati was counting on him so he quickly snapped out of his drunken stupor.

You can count on me boss.  I love my whiskey, but I love this city more.  I can't wait to get started doing my part to help Chicago grow.  Thanks for this opportunity boss.

Mickey hugged his Godfather, received some well wishes from some old friends, and then left to go to work.  As he reached the door Mickey turned and saluted the room.

Tomorrow we begin building, but tonight we drink.  

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Mickey_Bowers ! This is an amazing feat and a wonderful opportunity to expand the influence of La Cosa Nostra. Best of luck to you. 

Report Post Tip

Having been busy with the move and the set up for his new venture into getting set up in the new city, he writes off a small note meant to be passed off to Mickey. 

Brother Bowers,

Report Post Tip

Brother Bowers, 

I hope this finds you and the rest of the family in best of position's in your new roles. I know personally that from the short time we've spent together that you were more than fit for the job and will do nothing but make the name of Chicago that much better. I look foward to stopping by as soon as time presents it's self.

Best of Wishes and Luck,
John Henry Holliday. 

Report Post Tip

This is a very good one great job man

gives thumbs up

NICE!

Report Post Tip

Kharon woke up in North Side Chicago and told himself he is getting too old for these long night parties. Celebrating Prati becoming Godfather was a party he wont forget fast. 

He was about to order a nice breakfast but then the door opened and Hank_Moody came in. You could see his face turning from serious to smiling.

"Hangover Boss?" 

"Yeah", Kharon answered, "but not as bad as your hangover last week. At least I am not sick".

"Touché" Hank thought. "Well, that is not what I am here for Boss, we are invited to have lunch at Prati's place. He has an announcement to make."

After a quick shower, Kharon and Hank_Moody went to Prati's new place and went to the dining room where a nice lunch was served. Prati soon entered the room, together with Mickey_Bowers. Prati took the microphone and started his speech.

"People, now I am a Godfather here in North Side, Chicago, I want you all to know that Mickey_Bowers is going to start his family business in this lovely district. Lets raise our glass and wish him all the best".

Kharon raised his glass and shouted "Cheers" before he emptied his glass. He walked over to Prati and Mickey to congratulate them on this new family and then went over to Hank. 

"We need to go home. Party time is over. There is work to be done".

Report Post Tip

After long business flight finally she comes back homeinto North side, chicago . New home after LV.. She pretty likes her new home city.. It is windy and have good business here.. She entrance the HQ and See a widely smile from Mickey_Bowers .

“ What is going on ??” she asks when she looks to some member of familly package their stuff..

“ OHH !! Prati be Gf??? Congrats boss!!!? And you got carrot mickey!? CONGRATSSS” she is so excited because she knows mickey deserve it. He could lead people because he is pretty good leader..

Then she frowns and comes to mickey  “ Well you will move to your new hq and bring some friends of me but don’t ever think ill stop anoy you .. visit me once in a day.. okey !?” she is threatening him.

“ Well congrats once again mickey hope you will have good journey “ she smiles to him

“ And congrats my GF prati “ she smiles and bow herself..

Report Post Tip

Tony had been caught up making runs between the major cities in the west coast when he had heard the great news. A man that came from a long line of hardworking, dedicated, and loyal mobsters was being promoted to skipper of his own group of thugs. The news was no shock to him as he had known what Mick...Don Bowers was capable of. Dropping all he had on the go, TonyCosta made his way to the closest payphone he could find. Entering the booth he began to dial his friends home line. The phone proceeded to ring a few times before one of Mickey_Bowers bodyguards picked up.

"Do me a favour and pass along to that Irishman you call a boss that I said; 'Congrats and Salute brother'."

T

Report Post Tip

Balodaki had been drinking at the bar when he got the news.  He had just learned that Mickey got a carrot from Prati which meant that Mickey would be heading a new crew called The Perfect Storm and that he was to join them.  He stared at the scotch in his hand while flipping a cigarette between his fingers.  He couldn't help but smile and feel optimistic for the future.  He raises his glass to celebrate Mickey's promotion. Salud!

Report Post Tip

FuegoSteve had just gotten over the allergies he had from the cat in his head quarters. He barely had to wipe his nose anymore. Such an improvement from before. As he was strolling the streets, collecting his daily dues from the hookers he ran protection for, he wanted to make sure he sent his congratulations to the latest auth in North Side, Chicago. Godfather Prati was one of the auths that came over along with Fuego. Fuego knew this auth would only make Chicago great again.

"Congratulations North Side in the new and welcoming auth in Mickey_Bowers."

Fuego hands over the cake he bought at the bakery. It thought it was in a good taste to bring a carrot cake to a ceremony for his carrot amigos.

"Welcome to the bold community amigo. I hope you enjoy the carrot cake. And again congratulations to both Godfather Prati and Mickey_Bowers."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Mickey!

Report Post Tip

Dropping in on Mickey she knew she was going to be late as usual, but it was expected when she could be a bit of a clutz.   Dropping by the Headquarters, she tapped the door as she knew she had been expected.

Wandering in she gave a nod and a wave to a few of the crew she had worked with so recently as she wandered towards Mickeys already open office.   Tapping as he nodded to enter, she dropped a bag on the table gently, before pulling out a 1920's Glenfiddich from Speyside and a bottle of Oliver Calixtus Champagne flown in especially.

"Congrats Mickey, I look forward to your great work ahead and you leaving your mark on the North side."

Giving a cheeky smile and a wave, she quipped

"back to work for now though"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mickey gets the Carrot in the North Side
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL