Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 16:12:50
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Growing HQs Started by: Kendra on Jun 04, '10 14:34

More changes here at MafiaReturns!

In an attempt to promote a more realistic approach to your growing family/HQ, the following initiative has been put in:

Once your HQ hits 25 members, a Crew Leader, Right Hand and Left Hand are now unable to send invites to anyone below the rank of Made Man. Any and all further expansion of the family (new thugs/gangsters) must be done via the Sponsors feature. Sponsors can have up to 5 associates (as per hard coded rules), however we would encourage leaders to limit to their specific sponsor's abilities and/or availability.

Enjoy!

Report Post Tip

Ahh, I remember this being announced a while in advance.  I thought it was a good idea then, and I think it' s a good idea now.  Though I'm sure that I won't feel that way in a day or two.  I've always liked the sponsorship program, though.

Report Post Tip

I can think of about 6 ways to sunday why this is a great idea. It solves more than a few gameplay issues the way I prefer it to be done.

Sam tips his hat to city hall.

Report Post Tip

Hey, 5 Associate per Made Man? Someone is going to be making a lot of dough off those taxes.

Nice change, Associates arn't seen as much, maybe now they'll be everywhere. Gives sponsors more of a chance to gain an Associate and not having to 'member whore' them.

Report Post Tip

The only bad thing I see with this is if you have no sponsors online and someone wants an invite to your family you will be unable to send them one. This actually happened to me yesterday. I just happened to get lucky and one of my sponsors signed on before the player went to another family.

Report Post Tip

CI, that's another good point actually. It forces *the whole family* to be active, not just the CLs.

Report Post Tip

Now,,this is what brings a man sunday to greatness,,this brings out the old time mademan scheme when people had to recruit to play a role in the family

Report Post Tip

I like this idea, it makes perfect sense for Sponsors to start bringing in Associates after a max of 25 crew members, I don't see any downers for this change.

Report Post Tip

This has caused a situation which is very problematic.

ScreamingButterfly died and I established a crew to house her members. The restriction of 25 is not enough to house those even made and above. Also each sponsor is limited to one invite per 24 hours, so it is impossible for me to house the returning crew members safely.
I suggest this warrants immediate amendment.

Report Post Tip

Maybe this new system only goes into effect after a minimum of 24 hours after HQ establishment? Might fix the issue of new families to replace fallen ones (or picking up pieces after a war) without sacrificing the realism it is trying to add to actually growing families.

Then again, if they implement the RHM gets crew when CL dies this would be less of an issue.

Report Post Tip

"The restriction of 25 is not enough to house those even made and above. Also each sponsor is limited to one invite per 24 hours, so it is impossible for me to house the returning crew members safely."

You lose the ability to send invites to peple under mademan once you hit 25.  Just simply send all the invites out before you hit the magical 25 members, they will all be able to accept it and get back into your crew.

Report Post Tip

Magic. Thanks for the clarification.

Report Post Tip

Squishy, you post made me wonder a few things. You said: "You lose the ability to send invites to peple under mademan once you hit 25."

If I lead a crew of 40, can I invite a Capo in?

Also, the limit is when I reach 25 total or 25 ppl under Made?

Report Post Tip

If I lead a crew of 40, can I invite a Capo in?

Once your HQ hits 25 members, a Crew Leader, Right Hand and Left Hand are now unable to send invites to anyone below the rank of Made Man.

---

I'm pretty sure that answers your question CrazyNine?

Report Post Tip

And.. I am sure its 25 members in total as well.

Report Post Tip

Diablos, we can debate whether I'm a little slow up in the head or not, but I don't think merely repeating what somebody else said is gonna make me go "Oh, NOW I get it..."

Is it so annoying to just explicitly confirm my thoughts?

Report Post Tip

You can invite mademan or higher at any number, there is no limitations on them.  You can have 40 members in your HQ, the CL/RHM/LHM and send invites to a capo, a boss, however, they can no longer send invites to people under mademan.  This role is then taken on by your sponsors.

0-24 people in HQ:

CL/RHM/LHM Send invites to anyone

Sponsors Send invites to wiseguy or below.

25+ people in HQ:

CL/RHM/LHM send invites to only mademan and higher

Sponsors send invites to wiseguys or below

Report Post Tip

Also, in time of a family suddenly falls.... you can send out 1030130130 invites to anyone, as long as you are currently below 25.  If you go above 25, those with pending invites can STILL accept them.  This is a loophole written in so that if a family dies and you have to set up and get them all invited in an instant - you still can.

Report Post Tip

Thank you very much, Squishy.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Growing HQs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL