Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 12:37:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A Windy Day in Brooklyn Started by: Leah on Apr 24, '17 18:17

Leah glanced over at Dominick who was holding a few pieces of paper.

"Nah you hold it for now, I have no where to put it. When the time is right I will signal you."

Dom looked at her confused, clearly she had plenty of places to hold the papers. Coat pocket, hand bag the other coat pocket.

"What are you talking about, you have plenty of places for these. Here just take them."

Leah smiled and stood up, unbuttoned a few buttons holding the light coat together that was covering her. She nudged it off her shoulders and handed it to Dom along with her purse.

"See no where to put them, so just hold them."

He didn't say another word. Leah stood there for a moment, brushed off a couple of the wrinkles in her shirt then ran her fingers through her hair.

"I won't be able to hide my gun but I have this blade I'm sure I can get past that guard. I really need you to keep an eye out though, just in case shit gets serious."

Pretending to drop something she bent down and slide the blade into her garter, quickly standing back up. With a wink she headed in the direction of the back office. It didn't take long for the guard to step up from the table, Leah wasn't even half way there and already he was standing blocking the entire doorway. A bit of nervousness went through her body but she was able to keep her cool. With a smile and not even a hesitation in her step she made her way in within a foot of the guard. 

"What do you want?" He said in a deep voice.

Leah continued to smile then brushed her hand through her red locks.

"I just need to talk to the man in charge, this place is just amazing. I have to meet the man behind it." With a bite of her lip and bat of her eyes the guard laughed.

"Only way you are getting back there is if I know you are clear of any weapons."

Leah chuckled. "Weapons, really? I don't even have anywhere to put a weapon." She did a little twirl to show him the lack of hiding spots.

"These are the rules, it still needs done."

"Please by all means, I'm not hiding anything."

Leah propped herself up against wall, as the guard began to pat her down. She was hoping he wouldn't find the blade that was being held by her garter. Nervously she looked over at Dominick who was watching the whole thing.

Report Post Tip

Dominick held the papers, glancing them over some as she'd deny taking them with her. He was some confused, seeing as how these papers were paramount for the transfer of ownership. There was no way he would be able to get into the back past that man without causing a bit of mayhem. However, as he previously stated to Leah , it was her show, her plans and he trusted her.

"Oh."

Dominick cleared his throat as she'd stand, and work her coat loose. He'd reach to take it, along with the purse as she handed it to him. He'd set the coat over the back of her chair and her purse beneath the table. It was then, from the corner of his eye that he caught Leah bending down to slip a blade into her garter. His gaze lingered a moment longer than usual, hell, could you really blame him? He'd chuckle softly and shake his head some.

"Smooth, Leah.. Real smooth."

Dominick grinned as she'd offer that playful wink before stepping out toward the backroom. This is where things became serious. Dominick tried to seem relaxed, glancing about curiously, waiting to be tended to by the bartender. However, he was more concerned for Leah, she had been his associate and well, he brought her into this thing of ours and he'd see to that she was taken care of as much as he could control.

A growl trembled in the pit of his throat as he saw the hired muscle stand to confront her. 

"Fucker has a death wish.. Easy fella.." He'd grumble to himself as his brows narrowed and muscles tensed.

It was then, at that moment that Leah turned to face the wall, he knew he had to intervene, he wasn't going to allow the hired muscle take advantage in any way or even allow him the opportunity to take advantage. Dominick was already on his feet and making a beeline for him. He'd sink his right hand into his waistband, grasping the handle to his pistol and raising just enough before swinging the but of it across the back of the hired muscle's head. The large man fell instantly to the floor with a thud. 

Dominick would then drop his heel into the man's crotch, ensuring he was well incapacitated before cocking the hammer back to his pistol and training it on the bartender. The downed muscle groaned in agony for several moments before teetering in and out of consciousness.

"Don't you fucking reach for anything. You want to go home today, right?"

Dominick growled, narrowing his brows upon the bartender who hesitated a moment, surely thinking about grabbing at the shotgun beneath the counter.

"Leah, papers in my pocket, let's get this over with."

Report Post Tip

Dubliner hadn't even made it out the door when he heard the commotion erupt behind him. He turned to see Leah, hands against the wall with Dominick standing over the downed guard pointing a pistol at the bartender. 

"Well... here we go." Dub ran back into the speakeasy, passed the guard to make sure the owner didn't make a run for it out the back. It was only Harvey out there and this owner was a heavyset man capable of plowing over Harvey with the force of all his weight. Dub rushed passed Leah and pointed his gun at the owner who immediately put his hands halfway straight in the air. As Dub waited for Leah to bring the papers in, Dub sidestepped to the back door and opened it with his left hand as he kept the pistol fixed on the heavyset owner.  He let Harvey step into the office so he wasn't stuck outside. 

Dub then took a few steps towards the owner and got him on his knees with his hand flat on the table. 

"This woman about to walk in here, you don't wanna mess with her. She's crazy." Dub sat his knife down on the table in front of the owner's outstretched hand. The owner nervously looked up at Dub as beads of sweat began pouring from his balding head.

"Oh, don't worry about that. The situation will be made clear to you in a moment..." Dub said as he looked up to Leah stepping in through the doorway. "The game is all set, Leah. He's all yours!" Dub continued to hold down the owners hand preparing for the game Leah had planned...

Report Post Tip

Harvey was sitting out back keeping an eye out and playing a game of tick-tack-toe in the dirt against himself (he was winning). When Dubliner suddenly appeared at the door. He swung it open but appeared to be a bit preoccupied. He assumed he was supposed to come inside, when he walked through the door he saw the owner of the joint on his knees and Dubliner pointing a gun at his head... they seemed to be waiting for something. 

Just a few seconds after he had come through the back door Leah came in through the other. Harvey stayed by the door to make sure nobody else came in or out.

"Well this should be good..."

Report Post Tip

Leah stood there propped up against the wall after shooting Dominick a look. This was the part of her plan she didn't tell anyone about, she couldn't tell them otherwise it would have never worked. See she knew how Dominick was, she knew how protective he was and knew he was one always quick to react to certain situations.

This is why she went up to the guard with very little protection, she didn't need it.

With her hands up on the wall and after the glance over to Dom, Leah turned back towards the wall, closed her eyes and in her head counted. 1.... 2.... 3. That's all it took, a 3 count. Within those 3 little seconds, all she heard was a smack and crash to the floor, some yelling and the hired muscle rolling around on the floor in agony.

A smile immediately went across Leah's face as she turned around seeing Dominick pointing his gun at the bartender. Then watched as Dubliner went sprinting to back to make sure the owner stayed where he was. With a chuckle she pushed herself off the wall and walked over to Dominick. He was fired up, the vein bulging out of his neck was a key indication to this.

When she got over to him, she placed her hand on his shoulder and placed a friendly kiss on his cheek.

"Just as I planned it." She whispered to him.

Taking her arm off his shoulder, Leah walked back to the table to pair had been sitting at. She grabbed her coated off the back of the chair and placed it back over her shoulder then picked up her bag off the floor. Giving it a look and dusting off some kind of nasty material that had gotten stuck to it.

"Seriously Dom, you had to put this on the floor? That's one of my favorite bags and now it's all dirty."

He looked back at her and with a slight snarl mentioned nothing but the papers in his back pocket.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Calm yourself over there."

She secured her bag over her shoulder, walked back over to Dom and took the papers out of his back pocket. She glanced over at the bartender who at this point was nervously shaking.

"Dom, put your gun down. Let the bartender go, she is no threat. Plus we have a couple guys out front who will keep her occupied while we finish up."

Report Post Tip

Dominick eased his grip upon the pistol as he caught Leah moving from the wall, and lay that kiss upon his cheek. Sure way to cut the tension! A calm breath escaped his lips. However, he wouldn't take his eyes off the bartender, not yet anyways. He knew Dubliner and Harvey were in, handling the backdoor and the owner. Seemed everything was going according to plan, well, mostly! He was still rather tense, the situation of placing Leah in any sort of predicament was a surefire way to get him to jump.

"That was planned?" 

He'd arch a brow, mulling over her thought process on how this was 'planned'. Dominick chuckled softly, she just knew him all too well it seemed. Dominick rolled his eyes as he heard Leah complaining about the placement of her purse. It wasn't like he was going to throw it on his shoulder during all this!

"Oh, I'll buy you a new one if it helps any."

Dominick relaxed his grip some further before motioning the bartender toward the door with it. Leah was right, the lady was quivering and a nervous wreck. It was best to cut her loose and finish this job.

"Go on, get out of here. We appreciate your cooperation. Stop by in a week for the grand opening, yeah?"

He'd grin and offer a playful wink to her as the lady began sprinting toward the door, stumbling over herself several times before finally making it out the door.

"Oh come on, I'm not that scary. Rude. Right, Leah?"

Dominick holstered his pistol before looking to Leah, then Dubliner who had the owner in a rather compromising position.

Report Post Tip

Leah watched as the bartender stumbled out of the door.

"Not that scary?"

Leah said out loud but then said nothing else on it. It wasn't a question she wanted to answer, cause it was the fact that if you didn't know him he was definitely a bit intimidating. A brief memory popped in her head when she first arrived at the PwNY Express. She was young, shy and had a hard time even looking at the Made's of the family. That was such a distance memory. Now look at her, this was her job, her plan.

Making her way back over to Dom she grabbed the papers out of his back pocket and stuck them in her purse.

"You're going to buy me a new one, I'm not going to argue with that."

With a smile just started to walk towards the back room where the owner was being detained by Dubliner. The hired muscle was still on the floor, slowly recovering from his pistol whipping and crotch kick. He had propped himself up against the wall and was rubbing the back of his head. She made sure to keep her eye on him as she began to walk by him. He muttered something under his breath which made Leah stop in her tracks.

"What was that?"

The guard looked her up and down before speaking.

"You stupid fucking bitch, you think you all will get away with this. You have another thing coming."

Without hesitation Leah pulled her gun out of her purse and fired a round into his shoulder. The guard let out a blood curdling scream which echoed through the speakeasy. He quickly grabbed his shoulder and flailed on the ground in agony.

"No, no we don't have another thing coming and fuck you for putting your hands on me."

She aimed her gun back down at the guard who was now laying on the ground looking up at her.

"I don't want to hear another w..."

Before she could finish talking the guard spit in her direction, missing her thankfully. A scowling look went upon her face as she pulled the trigger, implanting a bullet right behind his eye. The place went silent.

Report Post Tip

Dominick gave a bit of a shrug as the door swung some as the bartender ran out to the streets. He didn't think he was that scary! He just knew to get serious when his closest friends and family were ever moved on. Especially Leah. Dominick crossed his arms over his chest, locking them tightly as he'd look to the owner. 

"Oh, excuse the mess, sir, we'll be with you in just a second, ok?"

He'd nod and force a smile to the kneeling owner before looking to the hired muscle as he groaned back into consciousness.

"Ah, buddy, hope you don-.." 

Was all he could manage, cut short as he heard the man mumble something to Leah as she passed. Oh, bad move. Dominick shifted to respond, however stepped back as Leah was on it with the quickness. The hired muscle earned what was coming. Dominick only watched as she pulled her weapon, sending a hot piece of lead barreling into his shoulder. Yep, that had to hurt.

"Uh oh, that's going to leave a mark. Lean to the other side, yeah? Don't get any blood on the carp-..fuck, Leah ."

Dominick stepped back as the second shot rang out, knocking the mans head back as the bullet entered through his eye and ricocheted within his skull before resting in a jumble of brain matter. It was the first kill he had witnessed of his associate, and one he'd remember. She was a force to be reckoned with. He'd check himself, hoping that none of the blood splatter had stained his clothing.

"You good? He bought that ticket. I'll have a few of the associates clean this up."

He'd nod toward Leah, checking in with her. It wasn't always easy ending a life, it weighed on most souls. However, in this industry, it was only business and all too common.

Report Post Tip

Leah glanced down at the guard who laid motionless on the ground, a pool of blood around his head was growing in size. Then looked over at Dominick and gave him a smirk.

"Sorry about that, got caught up in the moment. Plus who the hell did he think was, talking to me like that."

Leah placed her gun back in her purse. She wouldn't be needing it with what else she had planned. See Leah was a bit twisted in a sense , she knew how to get what she wanted. Even if it took a bit of inflicting a bit of pain on someone. It was a side that she often didn't release, a side she knew that Dominick never saw from her.

She gave herself a look up and down, a couple splatters of red happened to be upon her bright white top.

"Dammit, that bastard bled on  my shirt. Can you believe that?"

With a sigh and a deep breath, she made a beeline towards the owner. At this point a line of sweat was running off his forehead. He knew he wasn't in a good spot and feared his end was near. She circled the man who was on his knees. Dubliner and Harvey were standing a few feet behind him, making sure he wasn't going to try and make a run for the back door.

After making one full rotation around him Leah pulled over two of the office chairs and placed one in front of her and sat in the other. With a nudge of her neck she motioned for him to have a seat.

"Go ahead, sit. That floor isn't comfortable, I know."

Slowly he got off the floor and sat in the chair, without saying a word.

"Now I didn't want for all this to happen like this, at this point though you know why we are here and what we want."

Leah shuffled her purse off her shoulder, opened it up and pulled out the papers Dom had given her. She then placed them on the desk next to her.

"Those right there are ownership transfer papers, you sign those I will let you walk right out that backdoor."

The owner shook his head, the sweat from his brow started flowing like a babbling brook. He opened his mouth and began to speak.

"I...I... I.. can't do that, this... this place is all I have... but maybe we can make some sort of arrangement."

Leah looked back at Dominick who had just made his way next to Leah.

"You hear this guy? Arrangement!"

Leah began to chuckle and in a few motions took the blade that was being to her thigh by the garter out and plunged it deep in the owners thigh. A blood curdling scream bellowed from the room.

"This is not a negotiation, sign the fucking papers."

Just then a loud thud hit the backdoor, then another.

Report Post Tip

Dominick glanced over the body as blood began to pool around the head. He'd give a bit of a shrug before glancing up to her, a grin perching upon his lips. He was delightfully surprised, seeing Leah in action. She responded quickly and efficiently. He knew she had potential, and fuck was she proving it.

"Easy gorgeous, you don't have to explain a thing. You did just fine. I'll take care of this."

Dominick ensured her, validating her response with a warm smile as he looked to her. His gaze trailed down her outfit, noting the blood splatter that had set in. He'd sigh and suck at his teeth.

"Yeah, you made that thing look real nice, too. Tsk, such a shame. It's alright though, I saw that one you've been looking at in the window just around the corner. I'll have it delivered, you've earned it." 

He'd follow after Leah as she made her way toward the owner, who at this point, most likely had pissed himself. The grown man was trembling, and whimpering after seeing the hired muscle take a bullet to the head. He couldn't fault the man, nope, seemed like his number was coming up, too! Dominick stood by Leah as she began to lay out what she wanted from the owner. He'd nod and chuckle in response to Leah before forcing a swallow as she'd jam the blade into the mans thigh. Fuck, she was ruthless!

"The fuck..? Dubliner , Harvey , the fucking back door!"

Dominick drew his pistol and cocked the hammer back before training the piece on the door. He already knew it was bad news coming through that door. It was Dubliner's and Harvey's post, too. Fuck. Regardless, now was the time to react. Dominick snarled as he turned to the owner, who was still screaming in agony about his thigh. Dominick lifted his foot only some to deliver a hard front kick to the mans knee, opposite of the thigh wound, ensuring he would not go anywhere. The man screamed and sputtered saliva as his knee cracked, the man doubling over and hitting the floor.

"Dammit, Leah. Get over here."

Dominick moved to grab her, swinging his arm around her and pulling her toward him. He'd step back and around the corner into the main area of the speakeasy as he fired two rounds into the back door. It was then the door blasted open, several people rushed in, along with one familiar face. The fucking bartender.

Report Post Tip

Dubliner was pretty sure he and Harvey's job was simply to make sure the owner didn't run out the back door and escape... But he wasn't going to voice that to Dominick, he knew better than that. As the back door busted open, Dubliner rolled his eyes in annoyance and ducked behind the Owner's desk pulling the owner down to the ground by his neck. Harvey also quickly managed to flip the table creating a barrier between the three and the hail of bullets flying through the office. 

"What kind of speakeasy are you running here, Pal?? Your workers are willing to spray bullets to save you?!" Dubliner blindly fired his weapon over the desk as he yelled at the owner, "You've gotta be kidding me! They'd do this for YOU?!" Just one job. Dub wanted just ONE job to go off without a hitch but nothing ever went according to plan. It was as if his entire life was some sort of entertainment for other people to enjoy his mishappenings. Shadenfreude... Sick bastards. 

Dubliner had to be quick. How does he get out of this situa--He had it! Dub reached over and grabbed the owner under the arms and lifted him up to his feet and stood up behind him with a gun pressed up against the owners back. If the workers were willing to go to this much trouble to help their boss, surely they wouldn't fill him full of lead... All at once, as Dominick and Leah backed into the main dining area, the bullets stopped and all attention of the attackers fell on Dubliner and the Owner. 

"Do something and watch your pig owner get gutted and bleed out like the swine he is..." Dubliner managed to growl up a voice he's never had to before. He'd never been in a situation where he genuinely feared for his own safety and the safety of his family. "Your Move." 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Windy Day in Brooklyn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL