Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 16:26:16
Help
10 Watchers
Page:  1 
Crewleader Channel IRC Setting Stuff Started by: Squishy on Apr 25, '17 22:03

Crewleader Channel IRC Stuff for access rights

This thread is just for a matter of record since we all have goldfish memories and the record keeping skills of the CIA when it comes to FOA requests.

/chanserv flags #CREWLEADER_CHANNEL_HERE CREWLEADERS_NICK +BFHINOVbcfghikostuv
/chanserv flags #CREWLEADER_CHANNEL_HERE RHMS_NICK +BHNVbcfghiktuv
/chanserv flags #CREWLEADER_CHANNEL_HERE LHMS_NICK +BNVbcfgiktuv

This allows any CL to add other CLs, RHM and LHM

This allows any RHM to add other RHM and LHM

This allowsa ny LHM to add other LHM

/chanserv flags #CREWLEADER_CHANNEL_HERE modify PUT_NICK_HERE -*

This deletes the persons access

Report Post Tip

Don't forget to make sure your name is registered with NickServ before the above steps!!!!

To do this...

1) Makes sure you are using the name you want to register.

2) Type this (Use your own password.)

/msg NickServ register yourpasswordhere youremailhere

3) You will see a message confirming registration.

When you log onto IRC you will have to identify with NickServ. 

/msg NickServ id yourpasswordhere

Or

/ns id yourpasswordhere 

Make sure you use a password you will remember.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

(As an aside to this, it is safest to do this within a message to yourself as to eliminate the chance of accidentally posting your password in any public Channels)

Report Post Tip
Awwww but letmein123 is so entertaining
Report Post Tip

I'm sure the new Cl's understand all this

Report Post Tip

If you are in need of being added to the channel it's suggested you contact another crew leader about getting added to the access list as we maintain the list manually these days.

Report Post Tip

In addition to the commands above the command to delete a crew leader (Can only be done by another crew leader.) is:

/chanserv flags #CREWLEADERCHANNEL modify CREWLEADERNAME -*

Report Post Tip

Is anyone surprised the list to access is maintained manually?

Report Post Tip

Before you go on about it being because of us horrible people in bold I'd like to share this with you. The following is the information in regards to who owns the channel we crew leaders user. Take note the "Founder" or "Owner" of the channels IzzyCreamcheese who is also known as Squishy. The old channel was experiencing some issues, the bot MafiaReturns likes to kickban people. So to avoid this we moved to a new place that Izzy has so kindly taken the time to set up in a manner that it is self-governed with very little admin interference. All it takes to get access to this channel is being a crew leader or hand and asking another crew leader or hand to add them. The reason these commands are posted here is so ALL leaders and hands have access to them when needed. It's not a conspiracy, you can take off your tinfoil hat. 

I don't expect you to understand all the nuances and commands that are required to register and operate a channel like this, you can barely string together a coherent sentence most of the time. If you would like to investigate further to make sure that there are no plots against the world going on you can do so by visiting the following websites and learning how to operate an IRCD and services such as Anope. I have been running an IRCD for over a decade myself so have some knowledge of how it works. That is why I have posted the helpful things I have in this thread. 

This is meant to be a helpful thread for current and future leaders to use started by the owner of the game and its IRC network. This is not meant to be yet another place to spew your nonsense. Keep that in mind and maybe show him some of the respect you expect to be shown toward yourself.

-ChanServ-      Founder: IzzyCreamcheese
-ChanServ-  Description: Official Crewleader Channel
-ChanServ-   Registered: Apr 25 16:48:42 2017 EDT (15 days, 12 hours, 47 minutes ago)
-ChanServ-    Last used: May 11 05:36:27 2017 EDT (now)
-ChanServ-     Ban type: 3
-ChanServ-      Options: Private, Restricted access, Security, Secure founder, Signed kicks, Persistent, No expire, Topic retention
-ChanServ-    Mode lock: +ntP
-ChanServ-   Last topic: http://mafiareturns.com/!P5yim8xY  < How to add your hands and other leaders. |  CL you are responsible for adding and removing your own hands. | If you are a CL and need to be added contact another CL to do it for you. 

Report Post Tip

It was you that stated to contact "another" crew leader. Perhaps you ought ot have said contact ones crew leader... Instead of coming off so secretive

Report Post Tip

Yes, when a crewleader contacts themselves for help with being added to an IRC channel they don't have access too. Brilliant plan, Wikileaks

Report Post Tip

Sounds like the hand that rocked the cradle to me Gracie. Thanks for your time.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Crewleader Channel IRC Setting Stuff
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL