Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 14:29:44
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Hit List Updates Started by: Kendra on Jun 07, '10 20:42

Just a short announcement this time! The beloved hit list will now be reflecting the following changes:

* All anonymous hits will now cost 50K multiplied by the targets rank. (50K X rank)

* Anonymous hits will NOT be removed from the hit list if the 'lister' themselves are killed.

Enjoy!
Jazz hands.

Report Post Tip

Jazz...hands?

Report Post Tip

She took her hands and moved them in a rainbow fashion while shaking her wrists Robert.
(Jazz hands)

Report Post Tip

I envision her doing this, whilst stepping off a stage, in a sort of half lean-walk.

Report Post Tip

Just using jazz hands to emphasize my excitement over life in general. Feel free to jazz hand with me! :D

Report Post Tip

Shakes his hands about and smacks Robert_Guiscard in the face

Ooops.. To far. Diablos smiles

Report Post Tip

Jazz hands = spirit fingers np.

Excellent change, I think it'll stop a few people from anonymously posting a hit :]

Report Post Tip
Jun 08, '10 09:15 Anonymous CrazyNine $50,000,000 None (Get Auth) (Buy off)

Alright, looks like someone wanted to make me a liar

Report Post Tip

* Anonymous hits will NOT be removed from the hit list if the 'lister' themselves are killed.

I'm not exactly sure about this but I thought in the mafia when someone puts a hit on another mobster's head, then that person who successfully kills the hit will get paid shortly after with some sort of evidence proving the murder. Sometimes the designated killer gets a portion of the money before the kill, and if the killer successfully kills the target, then the killer will get the rest of the payment afterwards. However, I never heard of someone in the mafia making a full payment before even someone could kill the target. This is what I'm pointing about the recent hit-list change where the anonymous hits will still exist even after the lister themselves are killed. Again, I never heard of this type of business in the mafia, because it's bad business.

Report Post Tip

CP has a point here. If you are dead you cannot pay someone for killing someone else. I don't think anyone would give their money to someone to hold in case they die so payment on the hit could still be made either.

It seems to me that the reason this change was put into affect is to spur some violent activity. I cannot see another reason for the change. If this isn't the case I'd be absolutely thrilled to hear an explanation. However, If this is the case then you all should thank the admins for catering more to needs of the game than making it completely realistic. If this creates wars then presumably it will make the game more exciting and more people will play. In short, if you've ever thought of this game as stagnant you should be in favor of this change.

Report Post Tip

The hitlist is a service that acts as an escrow between the money man and the hitman.  The money man has to pay 100% up front for the hit, the escrow service then makes it known there is a hit up for X dollars if anyone chooses to collect it.  If the deed is done, the hitter gets the money from the escrow service.  If the money man chooses to remain anonymous to the escrow service, then the escrow service doesn't care/know if the lister himself dies down the road - all they know is they have a chunk of money to reward a hitter with if they should carry out the task.  The escrow service, in this case, is a NPC with the game (we know we didn't put a lot of effort into RPing this, out, but its a rarely used feature, so the time wasn't dished out to work on the RPing aspect of it)  And the NPC keeps the fees required to use his service.

Report Post Tip

"I never heard of someone in the mafia making a full payment before even someone could kill the target"

The hitlist escrow doesn't give a shit who you are, all they care about is the money.  If they accepted every gangster who said "Yeah man, put a 100 million dollar hit on the GF... im good for the money, heres 20 bucks"... then they would be out of business real quick when they find out they can't come and collect :)

Report Post Tip

Well, the general rule is half now, half later - I'm not much of a fan of letting hits linger even if the poster dies, though - the chances it won't be an anonymous hit are slim to none as it is - if you're going to continue down that road, you should make people pay for the luxury of privacy handsomely - as 50K per rank is far too low in my opinion.

Report Post Tip

We have greatly increased the price to be anonymous over what it was before.  You have to remember that anonymous hits don't always come in large sums like the current one, we cant do a knee jerk reaction because someoen put up a 50 million dollar hit, remember, the hitlist is for people who don't have the contacts/skills to kill someone, so it provides an outlet for the "non name brand players" to be able to get results.  The more expensive you make being anonymous is, the more out of reach it is for the non name brand players, which is exactly to whom the hitlist caters to.  Every action someone takes has consequences, you should live your live in a way that you either stay off the hitlist, or, have the means to deal with the consequences if you end up on it.  I think the large hit that is up now is twisting some peoples emotions of the hitlist, I don't think huge hits like this are the norm, nor will they ever be.

Report Post Tip

General rule of half now half later?  If you are saying that the lister only needs to pay half now and half when its done - thats really not a great idea.  If we allowed that, then I would think the hit up now, would have been 100 million?

I'm not sure the half now half later thing has any real reason to be put into here.

Report Post Tip

It isn't a kneejerk reaction - there are astronomical prices for private flights which get you from point A to point B - the same should apply to anonymity. As for the half now half later rule, from a roleplay perspective, I wouldn't put up the entire fee before the hit was even completed - From the roleplay scenario you played out earlier, why would I pay a no name up front for a listing that may or may not happen? There's no way to call it off without paying double - and, well, if I die, that really should be the end of it. The non-named player has little reason to keep the hit active as he would just be able to hoard the money to himself now that the user is dead - no trail, no proof, nothing. Would any legitimate customer honestly invest the entire amount before someone decides to take up the hit and give it a whirl? I doubt it.

Report Post Tip

I'd probably push the anonimity fee further as well. If a non-name player wants an anonymous hit up, they can save a little. No big deal though, at least it's slightly more expensive now.

I'm not sure on the motivation behind leaving the hit up permanently though. Isn't this just closing off another potential (albeit small - ignoring this 50m silly money one) money sink? From the escrow service perspective, what's the motivation not to just keep the cash as opposed to going to the bother of maintaining the hit?

Ultimately, I'm not really bothered, the hitlist barely plays any part in the game and beyond the odd stunt like we've seen yesterday, it rarely gets attention.

Report Post Tip

I would guess this is an attempt to integrate the hitlist more into the game, something that I would be pleased to see achieved if possible.

Perhaps, as something of a compromise, after X amount of time of the hitlister being dead and the target still being alive, the hit is removed? This is more to remove hits that are lingering on for months on end when the hitlister has long since departed the world.

Report Post Tip

If that happened, the time for the hitlist to come down should be somewhat random so as to not then just go back in the obits and figure out who put up that hit.

I also suggest that hitlists depreciate over time, whether the lister stays alive or not. A smal percentage of the reward every week or so.

I also suggest that the lister has the choice of taking the hit down and getting half of the money back. ("Half now, half later").

Report Post Tip

Yeah, wouldn't argue with any of that really.

Nor would I argue with bringing the hitlist into the game a little more, if there was a suitable way to do it.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Hit List Updates
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL