Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 15:53:00
Page:  1 
The Manor Collapses Started by: Tris on May 05, '17 20:42

It was four hours past high noon in Detroit. She was not happy in having to send a courier messenger to Downtown to wake its District Head from his nap and Tris had just finished cleaning her gun. She stepped out of her headquarters as the crowd began to gather at her gate. 

"Good afternoon everyone" she told the crowd that was growing in numbers as she spoke

"Today I had to make the hardest decision I have had to make so far since moving over here. When I came over, I wanted to avoid bloodshed wherever possible. It seems we were not so lucky today."

She took a breath and lit a cigarette. 

"Personally I did not have anything against her, and to be very honest this take down of her family was not her fault, but over here, the margin for error is extremely small. After conferring with the other Detroit Leaders we decided that this would be the appropriate action to take."

She took a drag from her smoke and continued.

"One of Minarika's members took a shot at a CA from outside the city, which is a clear violation of the rules set forth by Godfather Disorder, as the shooting of the CA was a clear attack on the district of North Side. Such actions put not only the members of her family in grave danger, but potentially endangered the lives of the rest of her district. I hope that in the future we can avoid any further need for bloodshed.  Rest in peace to the fallen"

Tris finished her smoke and went back to her headquarters. There was still another crew invading Detroit that needed her attention.

Report Post Tip
A missed shot on an Officer sees an entire family wiped out?

Scary times indeed.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I understand the need to want to protect a district, but wiping out a whole family, a new family...

As I have said, the lovely city of Detroit is an arena so it's neither here nor there, but I agree with finanaveguy... Scary times indeed.

Any interference by any member of Detroit on any member of the outside community will be met with extreme prejudice. Any attack on an outside city member will most likely result in the removal of the family from which the offender came, or a crushingly unfair fine. The freedom within the city stops at the city limit!

This is a quote directly from Godfather Disorder himself.

1. If the CA that was shot happened to belong to Detroit, the situation would have been handled much differently than it got handled earlier today.

2. The shooting a anyone's CA could be and probably is considered an attack on a person. People work their asses off for those and they are very expensive. Lets play it hypothetically, had the member in question actually killed the CA, would your opinions have changed? 

3. Under normal circumstances, I would agree, killing off a family for a missed shot on a CA is almost unheard of, but we in Detroit are not under normal circumstances.  What we did, would most likely have happened anyway.

Report Post Tip
Gerald makes his way into the centre of the circle, taking off his hat he brings it close to his chest and begins to speak.

"to this here pimps recollections, detroit city is an entity entirely of its own. If the man pulling the strings wishes to punish anyone for any reason it is his choice, don't act like y'all was acting on the man's behalf. The man has his own mind and does what pleases him best. Y'all wanted blood. Y'all went to detroit because y'all wanted blood ya'know what I'm sayin? Y'all mo'fucking gladiators. Respect to the dead yo. Wether they deserved it or not it don't matter now, they dead. But do wonder, if one of y'all fucks up.... You set the bar now. How your home boys in detroit gonna come at you after they see the way you went at these fools? Good luck playas, y'all got a keep it real. "

Gerald shakes his head and kisses his golden cross for those who perished.
Report Post Tip

"Most likely" is probably the salient point there Tris. I think it's fair to say a certain level of common sense would have probably been applied by Godfather Disorder et al before a decision being reached.

No doubt the fact that: 

1. The family quickly owned up to the mistake and tried to rectify compensation;
  2. The shot was unsuccessful and probably accidental;
  3. Missing on Officers has it's own repercussion;
  4. The current state of Detroit;

..would probably have impacted on their decision outcome. 

Maybe they still would have removed the family or maybe they wouldn't have, least it would have saved you a number of grovelling apologies in the deceased's funerals. 

Just hope North Side got some compensation for the missed shot before the family was removed!  

Diavoli bad just been hanging out soaking up what was said before he decided to say anything but finally he though he should speak.

"I really feel this could have been handled without bloodshed but that's not my call to make. Good luck to the rest of you in Detroit looks like a cut throat city in the making."

Diavoli heads back off to his home in New York

Report Post Tip

I'm not one to join these sorts of conversations, not recently at least, but I have to echo what the others who came before me have already said. Go ahead and wipe them, that's fine. That's what the rules say you can do. But don't come out here and say you wanted to avoid bloodshed but "the rules are the rules" and they attacked someone but missing on a CA from another city. 

Did you speak with them as to what their plans were to rectify the situation? Did you take into account their immediate ownership of the mistake? Did you really even care or was this just an excuse for you to use? 

You killed them and that was your right to do. But don't come out here and try and take some kind of moral high ground because you don't have one. Just come out here and say you killed them because you could and you wanted too. 

Report Post Tip

Richard was thinking on the stuff said. He was a member of The Manor of Shadows, so technically it was his job to mindlessly complain and insult Tris angerly. Though he was a bit too tired and much too sober, so instead he just decided to try his best to be neutral. Though his bias would most likely still be evident

"Shooting CAs is a risky offense, but the shot failed. I've known Godfather Disorder for a little while now, and based on what I've seen I don't believe he would kill a whole city just because someone accidentally shot at a CA. Someone shot at my CA once as well. I was asked if I thought they deserved punishment, and said no. My CA didn't die, and it was an honest mistake, so I let it slide. I find it hard to agree with your point when I came from Mina's crew. Both Minarika and Shiki were as kind as it comes, and neither had malicious intent toward anyone in Chicago. I can say with certainty that the crime committed didn't merit that response."

Any attack on an outside city member will most likely result in the removal of the family from which the offender came.

"My understanding of this section of Godfather Disorder's speech was that the FAMILY that the offender hailed from would be punished, not every family. So by preemptively killing the upper structures of The Manor of Shadows you doled out your own punishment that Godfather Disorder might not have even given. Out of the two punishments stated, the fine seems much more likely, for a very newly started crew than a wipeout."

Richard pulled a flask from his jacket and took a long drink. By the time he was done his eyes were watery.

"You are obviously free to do as you would, as stated by Disorder, so I'm not criticizing any of the members who participated, I'm just trying to get a better handle on why exactly you deemed it necessary to kill her."

After saying his piece Richard moved back into the crowd to light up a cigarette and hope he interpreted Godfather Disorder's speech correctly. 

Report Post Tip

At least we got a reason for this wipe out.  I do not agree especially with the state of affairs for months now.

When I read the mail,  I personally would NOT have had interest in wiping out the district if I was the Cl  for two reasons. I love money. A hefty fine would of been requested and if need be I "might" have worked out payment arrangements. A demotion would of been in order for the shooter and the gun removed for a short period of time.  And secondly,  the wiping out of families today compared to years ago has become quite redundant and redundancy  as we know equators boredom.

I am not by any means crying. I am actually rejoicing.  I am done in here.

Report Post Tip

PS Soeone please kill Tris for coming out here looking foolish in her 11 day old birthday dress.

Report Post Tip
Coltrane took out a cigarette from his jacket and lit it up, hearing out Tris's speech.

"RIP to the fallen. Those are the consequences of setting up in Detroit, the margin for error is very small."
Report Post Tip

Solum walked out of the alley in detroit staring at the people arguing. With a small sigh she shook her head and spoke.

"With all that said. Some people do not seem to understand that if it is brought up to admitting that they did make a mistake and wanted to fix it. I am sure minarika would have provided a compensation fee to those whose Ca was shot at."

She shook her head again and walked away. "But whatever. Seems some people do not care much for trust these days."

Report Post Tip

The margin for error did mean mean within issues of  DT happenings. At any rate you all are dead in the near future. The song "I'm your Puppet" comes to mind. It's a very old song.

For one to admitt they made a mistake is a much bigger man then most. Tris looks like an idiot

Report Post Tip

"Everything becomes a harsh necessity. With it's backlashes, but of course we can't change the course of time. It's a ship that continues sailing and cannot reverse."

Mistakes become ill in the future.

Report Post Tip

Indeed a harsh necessity.  Chapped lips, chaffed thighs and a sore ass is harsh. Too each his own.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Manor Collapses
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL