Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:54:59
Page:  1 
Wars or wipes? Started by: Kappatsu on May 06, '17 12:43

Yes, I died in the last 'war' if you can call it that. Yes, it is frustrating but no I am not particularly salty and neither am I going to troll anyone. This is a mafia game and we sign up to die, I have said that before and I will say it again.

I have started to notice that these 'wars' aren't really wars at all, they are just wipes. One family will choose another to die and overnight that is what happens they all die, yes a few members of the attacking crew might get killed but not as many as you would expect in a war. 

I don't know maybe I am missing something but these wars are not balanced at all - whole crews disappear within an hour with little to no retaliation, having been on both sides, I for one don't really see the fun in that.

Report Post Tip
I tend to agree with your point Kappatsu, big old traditional wars are way more fun. All the adrenaline rushing, and simply the fact that you may have a chance of winning is truly exciting for both sides. In wipes, you wake and your dead, or you CL is and you just try to damage the opposition as much as you can before they kill you. No chance of winning at all.

However, think at this from the attackers point of vue. They have two option, the traditional war, where they take the risk of dying and a wipe, where they are assured to win. So it's understandable that wipes happen more often than wars.
Report Post Tip

Yeah, I know your right, of course, it is the logical way to do things for anyone that understands strategy. 

Anyway I'm gonna go play counterstrike against a bunch of AFK players because its more fun that way ;)

Report Post Tip

I have mentioned this alot i've been playing on and off now for 11 years and when i started war was a taboo subject much like real life people only went to war because they had to and the reason was because it was a huge risk wars would last days sometimes weeks and there was this tension that made it special whereas now who shoots first wins someone in an obscenely well protected HQ with 300 maxed bg's and say 40 members some high ranking willing to take a bullet and also with 200 BG's each yet will still get killed by a single shot which to me is ridiculous and takes away the planning and strategy of war we're mafia not soldiers people can just level an entire city now in a couple hours for no reason other then they can which i like to rp hence why i play a roleplaying game not an fps 

Report Post Tip

I remember when alliances had to be made and even then it was heavy casualtys on both sides there was an element of risk when people would think is this worth it now war is easily done and the art is gone if you watch any mafia film/book/game/documentary mob wars were long and only a last resort and alot of the times ended in truces because both sides were either equally matched or heavily damaged, i'm not saying it should be exactly like this but seeing as this is a mafia rp wouldn't we want to rp ? And find some middle ground where war can be challenging and require strategy like the old times

Report Post Tip

Wars/takedowns require lots of planning and preparation and shooting first doesn't guarantee victory; just ask mouseycop and Daniella.

The game's mechanics mean that a certain style of conflict is pretty much inevitable. People have improved the way in which they play the game over the years, coupled with advances in technology making communication and coordination much simpler, which has lead us to what we have now. I don't really see how this will change unless alterations are made behind the scenes to make it so.

Report Post Tip

I couldn't agree with you more zug. I think the evolution of the game's mechanics, definitely promotes for more "wipes" than "wars".

Even then a wipe out isn't the easiest thing in the world to plan and execute. I think the people we have had running the world recently is just very good at making the wipe outs look easier than what they are.

I also personally feel having people that could live for crazy amounts of time like the old days actually hurt the overall growth of the game. Which is way they took steps to promote wars/wipes to happen more often. 

Just my crazy man theories though. 

But I do also agree with KimJongEric that the intensity level and insanity of wars back in the day will certainly forever be missed. And I hope with the future developments of the game we can figure out ways to bring the intensity level back. 

Report Post Tip

Wipes wouldnt happen if everyone was not sitting around like a bunch of cowards all the time waiting to die.... My god if you know that a particular city will wipe your city out if you get too strong or if you hear a rumor then hit them first ,so what you will lose and die but at least this way you get to take more of them out than what you would if you die in your sleep. Thats just my two cents...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't get how one bullet from one gun can make it through 175 fully trained bodyguards, if this game wants to retain a aspect of some fun it should be almost mandatory to have to get through the bodyguards to actually kill the target this will not only create more cooperation I think it could add more excitement.

I don't care if you've killed 800 targets there is no way a bullet can get through 175 people who's main objective is to stop things like this from happening, that is a company of soldiers following one person around! It's impossible. I say either make bodyguards die off first (atleast fully trained ones) or increase the chance of WB death on players vs players. Don't keep this game as a grind make it strategic!(yes I know the grind sells credits and that's how you make money)

Report Post Tip

What i meant by strategy and planning was we would have trained hitsquads who would chip away popping BG's for a few hours before our big boy would finish the biz and a simple takedown of a rogue or small crew would require a few hours minimum whereas now Godfathers are gone instantly and are still obscenely well protected and have obscene HQ fortifications which to me is pointless because they do nothing when really you would have a hefty chance of surviving one person when your 200 BG's and family are surrounding you in your fortress with the exception of Agent 47 himself it's outright impossible or say it's possible to get the shot but how would you escape 200 angry BG's ? Maybe add that

Report Post Tip

War costs a lot of every resource, wipes just cost time.

Report Post Tip

Wars/takedowns require lots of planning and preparation and shooting first doesn't guarantee victory; just ask mouseycop and Daniella.

zug, Mousey and I weren't looking for a guaranteed victory. We were up against unwinnable odds; LV had what, half a dozen cap killers at the time, if not more? As someone else here already mentioned, we wanted to go down with a fight instead of dying in our sleep. Were we hoping NY would be smart enough to join us in the fight? Yes. But we weren't surprised when they didn't. 

That being said, wipes can and do go wrong and I disagree that anyone recently has made it look easy considering how much they've failed. Look at what happened when LV took down CH and left out One Eyed Jack and his almost capped gun. Or even the recent take down of NY, leaving Jamala and Cato and Leah to fight through the night. How they missed, or didn't think to include, a CL and several RHs is kind've hilarious. And it cost them a CL and several hands of their own.

War might be the "fun" way to go, to have an fair chance to fight back, but any good leader wants to minimize losses on their side so why wouldn't they do wipes? Some people are just better at it then others, and the current regime has been sucking at it lately

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Wars or wipes?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL