Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 10:41:54
Page:  1 
The Train to New York Started by: AnthonyBlack on May 22, '17 21:45

A quick visit - it had to be.

The pair had already absconded from the business in LA for long enough, the allure of the big apple was too much to resist. They didn't appear in the best of condition on arrival at the station, and a seat in Coach was all that was available at such short notice. It would do. They boarded with haste and tossed the luggage over head.

A seat was found and they sat side by side, Lily at the window, Anthony on the aisle. It felt like the first moment they were able to catch their breath. To take in the events which had unfolded in Philly and fully comprehend what had happened. They watched the station crawl away from the window, hand in hand. Their eyes turned to each other, but Anthony had no words.

Report Post Tip

The conductor eases up the aisle, punching tickets. When he gets to Anthony and Lily, she wordlessly hands over their tickets, all the while never breaking eye contact with Anthony. Once he's returned the tickets to Lily's outstretched hand and moves on, she finally speaks.

"I'm very proud of you, Anthony. Is it wrong to say that? I know we're doing illegal things," she says, lowering her voice further. "But you're very good at it, you're just so smart, and I like doing those things with you. A lot," she says, offering a smile that slowly fades away at the thought of Los Angeles. End of the line. Party over. They'd have to be...normal, or some semblance of it. 

Report Post Tip

"You weren't half bad yourself."  He said with a broad grin. 

Reaching an arm around Lily, he pulls her close and kisses her head. His cheek had turned a powerful shade of purple by this point. He holds her for a few moments, watching the world pass them by. 

"The only thing that I'm terrified of is you getting hurt."

​​​​He locks their fingers together with his other hand and grips tight. 

"Do you ever think about leading normal lives?"

Report Post Tip

"Well, I..." she begins, then notices a man seated across the aisle, staring at Anthony. Lily was used to women doing it; Anthony was a very attractive young man that exuded a charisma and strength of character that was difficult to ignore. The man staring made Lily quite uncomfortable, though, with his too-long hair and shirt unbuttoned nearly to the waistline of his incredibly tight pants. Perhaps he was one of those effeminate types she'd heard people talking about? Resting a possessive hand on Anthony's thigh, she turned back to address him.

"What? Oh. Well, I've thought about it, sure. It has its appeal I suppose. I'm just worried that it wouldn't...work. When we get back to Los Angeles, my fear is that I'll go crazy with boredom and feel like I need to run off again," she says, looking at Anthony again. His face was a colorful example of what the excitement was costing them; and a pang of guilt struck her. She really needed to quit being so selfish.

Report Post Tip

Listening intently, Anthony nodded and patted their linked hands. He looked out of the window and stared off for a moment, watching the world. The skies were greying and the landscape slowly falling under shade. He takes a deep breath and sighs. 

"While I'm with you, I don't mind what we do."

He looked down at her again, her eyes gleaming up into his. 

"There is something though, Alex has called me back to LA. I got the message a few days ago. I have a feeling that there's going to be a decision to make."

Report Post Tip

"I see," she says, biting her lip. "How do you feel about that decision?" she asks. Danger across the country was something they could contain, insomuch as they were the ones making the decisions to take part in it, or pass it by. The danger at home wasnt going to be within their control. They'd be children again, following orders and placing their fates in the hands of people bigger and more important than they.

The upside, or course, was that the two in charge were practically their parents anyway. Lily laughed, she couldn't help it. How many times had Gracie threatened to put them up for adoption?

Lily squeezed Anthony's hand and waited for a response. 

Report Post Tip

He spoke softly, while staring at nothing in particular.

"I think I want to be there for Alex, for LA."

The city of New York peered over the horizon, monolithic sky scrapers standing gloriously over the city. Bustling boroughs each with their own character and charm. Anthony and Lily watched it approach with wishful eyes. 

"Would you mind if we postponed? I think it's time to do something responsible."

He looked too Lily for approval, their path currently undetermined. 

Report Post Tip

"I've been following your lead since this all started, and you haven't steered us wrong yet. Whatever you think is the right thing to do, well, we'll do that," she answers. In the end it really didn't matter where they ended up. Wherever Anthony was, that was where she wanted to be. 

Report Post Tip

As they would always had done and always will do, her comments triggered a smile on his face and he held her even tighter. They had a new adventure to embark on, and it took them home. 

"You and me, Lil'. Black and White." He said softly. 

The rails rattled beneath them and the coach thundered down the line. 

"No more grey areas."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Train to New York
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL