Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 13:31:33
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
GAME CHANGE: Witness Statements Started by: Kendra on Jun 17, '10 12:19

This one involves witness statements:

A witness is sent out with all wack attempts, however, from now on depending on the stealth of the killer some of the letters in the witness statement may be replaced by asterisks (those cute little *s). Some of you may have already seen some of these! :)

With this change, it's best if you decode the witness statement as soon as possible, using both the locals list and the 60 second list to narrow down who the killer is.

Again, for clarification, the more stealth the shooter has, the more *s the WS will include. The longer you wait to decode it, the less likely you will be able to make a reasonable guess as to who it was.

Enjoy!
More jazz hands

Report Post Tip

Is there a maximum amount of *s? Or can the entire name be masked if the killer has great stealth?

Report Post Tip

Jun 17, '10 12:24:02 You witnessed *c**t*e* attempt to WACK! Kendra

Seems to work. :)

Report Post Tip
GAME CHANGE: Witness Statements Started by: Kendra at Jun 17, '10 12:19

This one involves witness statements:

Really? I would have never guessed!!! Excellent change, should make things more interesting especially during war time!

Report Post Tip

Erm. Minus the epic fuck up on the look of that.

Report Post Tip

James, to answer your question, the entire name can be asterisks if their stealth is high enough, yes. On those ones, it's more a matter of moving fast and a lot of deductive reasoning. :)

(The chances of that happening are very slim, though. Currently, the highest stealth account only has a 50% chance of each character being an asterisk versus a letter.)

Report Post Tip

With the witness statement still carry the same amount of letters and asterisks?

What I mean is for example Gwarble would be 7 letters/asterisks or could it be more/less?

~G~warble.

Report Post Tip

excellent.

Report Post Tip

Hmm ID =  I*, *D, or even **.  Thats a toughy.

Report Post Tip

I've already done a couple of these the Asterixs will replace the letters and not add new ones, I hope that answers your question Gwarble alo here's an example. e.g. Gwarble=G**r*le attempted to wack Kendra :) Hope that helps.

~Prophet~ 

Report Post Tip

lol @ ID..I dont know what people will do if that one comes across the personals, I would just have to give up...I hate being stumped

Report Post Tip

Gwarble, the number of characters stays the same, a name that is 7 characters in length, stays 7 characters.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for clearing that up.

Report Post Tip

Abso-bloody-lutely fantastic. A brilliant change, and one well overdue. Having high stealth was fairly useless when it came to wacking, and now it could make a hell of a lot of diffence. Praise to the Gods :D

Report Post Tip

So does that mean the WS will be both scrambled and have characters replaced or just have characters replaced??

eg: St*c*bu*dl*s wacked Kendra!

or

c*sb*ld*st*u wacked Kendra!

?????

Report Post Tip

The witness statements are sent out scrambled as they always have been, but in addition, the mroe stealth the killer has, the greater chance of some of the characters being replaced by *s

Report Post Tip

Doesn't this give an unfair advantage to those with shorter names? Or is the number proportional to the length?

Report Post Tip

People with shorter names always had this problem.

Take ID example even before this change his would of been;

DI or ID

Thats his problem when choosing his name.

Report Post Tip

"Doesn't this give an unfair advantage to those with shorter names? Or is the number proportional to the length?"

Each character is treated on a case by case basis, and a new dice is rolled to see if they scored over the math requried to make it a *.  Really long names and Really short names are easily found just by length alone, any advantage gained by having a super short name, is offset by the fact that there are only a few really short names in existant, so the pool to pick from is tiny.  Take ID as an example (Sorry ID, not trying to pick on you!).  If he had 100% stealth, he would be about a 50% chance of any particular character being an *, so he will have just as many ** as ID as *D as I*.  Stack on top of that there is only 3 characters in the game with 2 letters, so any advantage gained by him being able to get a ** a little easier than say CantThinkofAName, you know the shot was taken by 1 of only 3 people... whereas CantThinkofAName has a total of 20 characters in the game with the same number of letters.

So.... pick your own strategy on name selection, and if you find an advantage in name length, or characters used, feel free to use it to your own advantage.

Report Post Tip

Hehe, thought about that when I chose the name but it doesnt bother me any.  I knew what results I'd have when choosing my name.  Just something to laugh about.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Witness Statements
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL