Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 15:58:49
Page:  1 
****important notice involving adblockers**** Started by: CadaverCannon on Jun 09, '17 22:09

I like to use an adblocker while on youtube. 

Nothing wrong with that, right?

but don't try to sign into MR via the Facebook or Google option if you have an adblocker enabled!

IT WILL NOT WORK!! infact!, the little icon or button that you click to login to MR via Facebook or Google on the MR log in screen doesn't even appear!!!

apparently adblockers completely disrupt that portion of code.

I have tested this with the following browsers and adblockers... they all did the same thing if the ad blocker was enabled.

Adblocker Plus : Google Chrome browser / Safari browser

AdGuard : Google Chrome browser

bottom line,

if you use the facebook or google option when logging into MR  

make sure you don't have any adblocker enabled or that you have MR "white listed" in the Ad blockers settings.

Report Post Tip

Uhm, thanks?

Report Post Tip

Actually Enkindle might be interested to know this since once upon a time he tried to figure out why I couldnt do this. 

Report Post Tip
Good to know, on a side note it's safe to whitelist MR, we have no ads at all. (if you see ads on MR then you have some kind of bullshit going on in your browser injecting ads by some infection, pup, or maleware)

(excluding mibbit, mibbit sometimes has ads, but we can't get them to fix their shit despite paying for a pro membership which is supposed to be ad free for all our members)
Report Post Tip

As far as adblockers breaking the social login tools goes, it's entirely out of our control. Adblockers have become overzealous these days blocking things they really should not. You could complain to the makers of the adblockers but I've had zero success with this in the past when they have blocked our + voting sites for no reason. :(

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: ****important notice involving adblockers****
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL