Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:47:27
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Pro Wrestling Started by: Romance on Jun 12, '17 10:12

Wrestling, or "sports entertainment" as they like call it, what do you guys think?  Real or fake?

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm leaning towards real.  Thoughts?

Report Post Tip

In my opinion from what I've seen over the years some of it is real, other parts are faked and staged.

Most of the holds and throws are planed and a lot of time is pent on training wrestlers on the way to absorb these hits properly yet make it look real.  The things that are real are when you see blood.  Some times they'll cut themselves with razor blades after being hit by a chair or something like that.  Pretty hard core if you ask me.

Report Post Tip

I love wrestling and have done for more than 20 years.

As a youngster, EVERYTHING was real. Macho Man jumped of the top turnbuckle and did a double axe handle and I would be like "Oh my! He must have really hurt that guy"

As a teenager, I got wiser on the product but enjoyed the Attitude era where everything was a bit edgier and the best guy was a muscly bald dude, wearing jean shorts, drinking beer and swearing.

As an adult, I still loved wrestling but had to find a way to justify watching it as an adult. I came up with it being a mix of a soap opera and the circus. Some of the moves are gonna hurt. The talking and backstage story set the scene. The wrestlers know who is going to win but we don't. I don't know how my wife's soap opera will end tonight but that is where the interest comes (for her).

If I want real, I'll watch UFC.

If I want entertaining with storylines, with slow build teases that come to a crescendo and have 90000 standing on their feet cheering and me standing in my living room cheering, I'll watch Pro Wrestling.

Report Post Tip

If i am gonna watch wrestling Ill watch an MMA fight. That is a real fight and the outcome is not staged. The person with the most skill wins. 

I havent watched WWE since stone cold retired

Report Post Tip

Everyone has known that wrestling, the WWE kind of wrestling at least, is fake since the curtain call incident in May of '96. There's absolutely realness in terms of the degree of how physical they need to be and the injuries they receive. But in almost every sense, it's fake. 

Report Post Tip

Real, fake. None of that ever really mattered to me. I always watched, and still watch wrestling simply because I enjoy it. 

Except for TNA or Impact Wrestling or whatever they call themselves now. It's unwatchable garbage. 

Report Post Tip

I enjoy wrestling, but it's absolutely fake. But is there the possibility for actual injury? Absolutely. A lot of those moves, if you fuck up the landing, that's your spine just...powderized.

Report Post Tip

RIP Owen Hart. What a silly way to die. 

Report Post Tip

a lot of the wrestling is real sure the outcomes, and story lines are fake (although some are real in some circumstances) but the moves are usually all real just have to be able to do it in a safe manner when using weapons it tends to be fake although sometimes it may just end up being real but I agree anything done by Impact/Global force is fake for me the best wrestling comes from ROH and New Japan cant beat the indy's 

Report Post Tip
Lol ROH
You can't be serious
Report Post Tip

Very serious there much more determined than those at WWE as they still want to be at the top and a lot of the better ones in the wwe today came from ROH yea there are a lot of bad there but meh its the indys WWE is classed as the elite its what there all working for :P

Report Post Tip
Fun fact: My uncle's friend was the gobbeldy gooker.

Also, Booker T has 12 toes.
Report Post Tip

Well WWE is obviously scripted. The result of the match is pre-determined. But real injuries can happen. The real fight would MMA.

Report Post Tip

Finally a thread that I can relate too and the infamous debate. Even though it's fake, still doesn't take away the real factors that come in play. The conditioning and training each wrestler has to put day in and day out. Each move they perform, to ensure they are protecting themselves and their fellow opponent and so on.

I loved wrestling for some time and I'm very optimistic of how a lot of these Indy wrestlers are finally getting their chance on the big stage(WWE) 

Report Post Tip

I only watch New Jack

Report Post Tip

Tha Gangstaz

Report Post Tip
I only watch Kevin Nash shoots on YouTube cause he never holds back
Report Post Tip
For anyone interested I actually do a wrestling podcast, I can share for those who want.
Report Post Tip
50% fake 50% real ..but is for show
Report Post Tip
loved RICK FLAIR'''''
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Pro Wrestling
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL