Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 11:27:07
Page:  1 
The Connexion in Paradise Started by: Lillith on Jun 18, '17 08:39

Tired and weary she sits at her desk tending to funeral arrangements and making sure those who her dear friend Hisoka had once employed were settled she looks up from her desk to see her dearest @LaceyGodreaux standing in the doorway with a suitcase in her hand fresh off a flight from Chicago.

She let herself smile at Lacey through tired eyes before standing up and embracing her tightly, she then motions to the chair in front of her desk. A small parcel was sitting on its seat and rests against the corner of her desk.

Sit my dear. You haven't been home long, it is so good to have you back in Paradise though. I know you're heart is shattered by the loss of your beloved Malachai. Mine aches for the skid mark as well. I know he'd like to see you start your own business and thrive. I also know he'd be elated if you were able to do it here where it all began. You two never stopped being my family. I've missed you since you left to start an adventure in Chicago. I want to give you that chance and grant his dying wish... Open the box. 

Watching as Lacey unties the ribbon and gingerly peels off the paper she began to grin her own anticipation getting the best of her, her hand resting on a manilla envelope containing the deed to Lacey's new home. Finally Lacey had opened the box and looked up with the biggest smile on her face.

Report Post Tip

Lacey, frozen and shocked, peered down at the crisp paperwork. She had been away so long, she had almost forgotten the way the letters "Las Vegas" looked so closely in proximity to her own name. She quickly flashed back to the Exiles HQ. Malachai sitting behind his messy ass desk laughing at this or that, swigging a rum. Her eyes squinted slightly holding back tears. She shakes herself loose from her daydream, realizing the honor that Lillith was presenting her with.

Lillith.. she pauses a moment collecting her thoughts. I- I don't know what to say. I feel, on one hand, gutted to the core with grief because of Malachai's death but simultaneously elated because I know this is what he would have wanted. Equally as importantly- this is what you want. You're entrusting me with your legacy, right where I began years ago. I intend to do you proud.

Lacey cocks her head to the left trying not to show any emotion. She shrugs her face to her shoulder to wipe away a tear, knowing full well she hadn't fooled Lillith. Glossy eyed, she looks up directly to Lillith's direction.

I will not let you down. This I can promise you.

Report Post Tip

Smiling and teary eyed she once again pulled Lacey into a warm embrace. Sliding an envelope with a few extra dollars in it to help cover furnishings and whatever else Lacey needed she pulls herself away.

I know you'll do me proud. That's why you're back home. Now, get going... You have a whole new adventure to get started on and I can't wait to see you do it!

She watches her pride and joy leave her office with a tear in her eye before turning to Hugo, her most amazing bodyguard..

Go watch over her, make sure she gets settled and help her with anything she needs. I am trusting you Hugo. Make sure my girl has everything she's ever dreamed of. 

Report Post Tip

As Hugo leads Lacey out the front door, she looks up at the night sky wondering what was next for her.

The door closes behind her with a sound that breaks the silence of the Las Vegas night.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Connexion in Paradise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL