Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 00:21:14
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
SPONSORS: The mayor has had enough of this shit. Started by: Squishy on Jun 22, '17 02:36

squishy

I'll tell you why i want to be a sponsor

Because after more than a decade this game has offered me so many good times that is already a part of my life (plus the fact that I have internetically met many good people) , a part of my character. But when I tell you that incog players screw the game, it is like that. I am telling you the truth man and i cant do anything more about it. Your game, your rules. 

You want to let people play this game pretending to be "new" players and use the kindness of the other players to stab  them in the  back?  Ok, but the result will be  that one day, sooner or later, some players will stop being kind to new, or "new" players. It is that simple. 

How can you tell that someone is a bad sponsor when there is not actually a really new player?

Report Post Tip

Sponsoring isn't about "new players" though. Its about new crew members. Which regardless of how long the person who has done the jobs has been around, they're still a new member to your family. Since there is literally NO WAY to know if a player is new or not you either sponsor all the time or dont. 

I dont get what is so bloody difficult or complicated about this. 

I get that being a sponsor at times is a pain in the ass. But its not like this game demands you put that much effort into it. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

you can tell things are getting bad when admins have to force people to do their jobs and recruit etc

no one wants to post

play

anything because of the way things are being ran by the players at the top

Squishy, 

what about those of us that have a job board but still do the recruiting the old school way (pay attention to the bottom of 60 sec list and send messages if the player is unsponsored). I dont know about anyone else, if I have already contacted the person using the method described above, what sense would it make to send a second message cause the person did the jobs after the fact? 

im not sure if that made sense, if not im happy to clarify.

Report Post Tip

doing things old school does not constitute member whoring Jen. 

member whoring would be sending random invites without talking to people first 

Report Post Tip

Jen, How in the hell do you think sponsors recruited back in the day? Some CLs and made+ waited for a member to contact them, others put forth the effort and contacted the sponsor less player, which to me says a lot about a leader. 

To clarify the exact definition of member whoring, I contacted Godfather Disorder to make sure im not in the wrong. Hell I even showed him an example of what I send out, and he said it doesnt constitute member whoring. This is what he said and I quote:

I don't know the ins and outs of your argument. I would simply say that if you send an invite to a player without prior conversation via mails or irc chat etc, it is member whoring. If you don't, it isn't. Simple as that. 

If you haven't sent out invites to anyone without prior communication, you have nothing to worry about. 

Feel free to quote me on that and if Jen has an issue with the actual definition of member whoring, send her to me. I'll set her straight.

As for this WA message you speak of, yes I did contact you on whatsapp and yes i did ask you to come over and help me. You flat out said you were not playing. But dont worry i wont make that mistake again.  I dont always use the same approach, especially if i know the person or suspect that i do (in which case i usually clarify with the person). Did i fully realize that i had messaged you in game? No, though i suspected it was a possibility. As i just told Disorder, I dont keep track of bloodlines as much as most do. To be perfectly frank, I dont care, cause the sins of the father/mother does not fall on the child. I could care less what you did on a previous account. Your new account is a clean slate. 

this is the last i am gonna speak to you on this issue. perhaps you should message Godfather Disorder to get the proper knowledge on what constitutes member whoring cause your knowledge of this issue is clearly lacking. 

Since when do street sweepers get to use their staff account to have arguments in the forums? Thought their staff accounts were for one pretty clear purpose.

I just recently hit the age where I would be allowed to sponsor. I asked to become a sponsor. My family is pretty full but I see a need and I want to help fill it, simple enough. If someone can't be arsed to do their job right, they shouldn't be set as a sponsor and their uppers should suffer the consequences for choosing to make them one. Seems pretty straight forward to me. 

Though it generally doesn't happen, Wyatt, there's a fairly large difference between chipping in on an Announcement or an in OOC thread and say, the Streets. No harm done, really.

Report Post Tip

Telkin, "Chipping in" is very different then discussing a WA conversation that seems personal. You can't really call it member whoring when someone reaches out OOCly to try and convince you to play. You don't like it, don't give out your phone number so easily or just block the person. This wasn't just an idle comment, it was a borderline attack on a member of the game for the way he tried to recruit them. I don't really care that it was done, I don't know these two people in the slightest. I just think it should be done from a playing account not a staff account. 

Of course, it seems that second post where she spoke directly to James and mentioned WA has mysteriously disappeared. How convenient. 

Report Post Tip

Fair enough, I was more just pointing out that it's been done plenty in the past. Though I will admit, it's not too often, and generally in the Suggestions or OOC from a HelpDesker, not a Sweeper, but alas.

Report Post Tip

And apparently I was on this account, and not my Sweeper, heh.

Report Post Tip

haha Wyatt yeah the member whoring reply to james got removed!

Report Post Tip
That kind of self entitlement by bloodlines that have been around the block a few times is probably what puts so many people off actually attempting to recruit.

Everyone thinks they should be recruited instead of trying to get recruited and you have idiots milling around that have sent 300 mails and won't join a family unless they get a hand position and unfortunately the noobs get caught up in it.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: SPONSORS: The mayor has had enough of this shit.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL