Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 02:05:35
Page:  1 
Kuku's Demise Started by: James on Jun 30, '17 04:33

It had been a long day for James. He spent the better part of it on an airplane. He didnt even have to get over the jet lag before going into his office and seeing a telegram on his desk. He stepped out of his office to address the growing crowd outside of his HQ.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" he stated

"As many of you just witnessed, LA has lost one of its own. Some of you may call it a power play and some of you may not even care that he was even shot, just curious to know why." 

he paused for a moment taking a deep breath

"Before Kuku even came over to LA, he had mailed me proposing a cease fire agreement, citing that the two of us needed to work together as a unit to make LA stronger. In that respect he was right. The agreement was that we would each do our part to try and bring out the full potential of our city and everyone in it. I respected his view and against my better judgement, agreed."

James lights a smoke before he continues...

"in the short time he had been established, he spent more time in a coma then he did out of it. When he did wake up from it, albeit, temporarily, he wouldnt say much at all, unless i initiated a conversation with him, which i tried to do on several occasions and they were for the most part short lived.  That made it very difficult for me to establish a working relationship with him based on trust.How could he take care of his family if he couldnt even take care of himself? Aside from that, I ended up giving him my RHM Brent-Corrigan which i should never have had to do in the first place. Brent was doing all the work in setting his HQ up, forts and essentially funded most of what was put into it, both monetarily and otherwise."

James finished his smoke and then made his final remark

" I do not wish this to be seen as a deterrent for others to come over and work with us.We welcome anyone who wants to come over and help us build this fine city. We just felt that we needed to shed some dead weight. I made this decision solely for the benefit of not just my family, but for the city as a whole. In order to build a great city, all the leaders regardless of position must chip and and do there part. As a city, we will bounce back from this minor set back."

Report Post Tip
Oh, James...
Report Post Tip

A few quick points, according to my father's journals.

"Before Kuku even came over to LA, he had mailed me proposing a cease fire agreement, citing that the two of us needed to work together as a unit to make LA stronger. In that respect he was right. The agreement was that we would each do our part to try and bring out the full potential of our city and everyone in it. I respected his view and against my better judgement, agreed."

This part is mostly true, except that we agreed a two week ceasefire. 

"in the short time he had been established, he spent more time in a coma then he did out of it. When he did wake up from it, albeit, temporarily, he wouldnt say much at all, unless i initiated a conversation with him, which i tried to do on several occasions and they were for the most part short lived.  That made it very difficult for me to establish a working relationship with him based on trust.How could he take care of his family if he couldnt even take care of himself? "

As you well know, Kuku- advised that for a little while, comms would be limited and that his role would mainly be recruiting.  James, you did seem especially interested in the lineage of one member of Kuku-'s family - and that is currently being investigated.

"Aside from that, I ended up giving him my RHM Brent-Corrigan which i should never have had to do in the first place. Brent was doing all the work in setting his HQ up, forts and essentially funded most of what was put into it, both monetarily and otherwise."

This is a blatant lie.  Almost all of the funding for the forts came from Kuku- - with some from Brent (a minority).  Most game from a very wealthy backer.  He wants to know why his money was wasted.  He will soon find out.

You never "had to" give me your RHM, and in fact, Kuku- didn't want him, he accepted him to maintain good relations in LA.  Brent worked hard, it seemed, but Kuku- did have to gently remind him to conduct himself better when talking to people - his literary style was very limited.  I wonder if this chastisement had anything to do with the subsequent turn of events?

"As a city, we will bounce back from this minor set back."

Well, time with tell.  Consulting my family's journals, it seems you asked Kuku- for financial help with training your BGs.  You further asked about his relationship with a very wealthy lineage.  You were advised that Kuku- wouldn't help you with your BGs at the start, but that you would discuss funding for the city. 

And now, James, you're perched in your HQ in LA whilst Kuku-'s son and a few of his friends are deciding what to do with you.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dub listened intently. Obviously curious of the inner-workings and political backroom deals of LA. When Kuku's son stepped out, Dub's ears perked even more. Is the feud master gonna start another feud? Yes...

"Remember Kuku, nothing is personal. It's all business. Ask anyone in the country if they believe your father's death was from a brewing hatred of your father or for how your fathers presence would make business harder for James. They'd choose the latter at least 9 out of 10 times. I must be frank, it's embarrassing to have to explain this for you. Your line has an unfortunate 'trait', so to speak, of holding 'feuds' with people. It's not something I can imagine many Dons would like to have in their crews. It adds a liability if anything." 

"And how will your line handle James within the laws of the land? James can't be touched outside of LA or DT without written consent of an upper structure member. And if you were to once again set up in either LA or DT, I don't think James is likely to forget your threats against him and his line... You won't get anywhere in this life holding grudges against people, Kuku. You will be stuck in a perennial search for 'Atta Boys' and pats on the back when we see you in the forums a few months down the road asking everyone's opinion on who is 'winning' your feud with James..." Dub laughs to himself. 

"It is unfortunate what happened to your father in LA and, of course, you have my deepest condolences. But I hope you can bury the hatchet and move on and better yourself. Use it as motivation to be better and gain more reputation rather than revenge. That's my two cents. And you can learn to expect it when you speak of childish feuds..."

Report Post Tip

Evenin', Mista' James.

I think this says a lot about your expectations an' standards for not just who works within the same city as you, but in general. I applaud that, as I too enjoy seein' engagin' and motivated business heads. Runnin' an operation such as your own where it depends on commitment and time is not a task to be taken lightly.

This incident encourages me tha' there is an awareness for what activity means on our streets. The next question would be; at what point do we accept inactivity? When do we turn a blind eye to upper structures which do not have the time ta' engage their members and offer the experience that they came lookin' for in tha' first place?

TabithaGato it is nothing short of a scandal that Kuku- was murdered, not a sex scandal, but a scandal nonetheless

And this time, it's definitely true, there's no hiding behind the possibility that it isn't actually a scandal, it's definitely a scandal.
Report Post Tip

Dub quickly chimes back in.

Well...... He shot your father.... that's kinda scandalous, don't ya think? Murder kinda unanimously falls into that category. 

Report Post Tip
Dub, what's your lineage? You have Irish blood it seems, like me, but you seem slightly caught up on the Kuku lineage.

Don't get obsessed,you'll end up like Premeir
Report Post Tip

What part of me letting you know that Murder is always scandalous made you think I'm interested in you...? Dub laughs

Don't think so highly of yourself.

Report Post Tip

DonShaw Upon hearing the shouting stands up and walks outside the bar he was enjoying his whisky in Turning to Kuku to address him

He Says "Unfortunately it is the like we sign up for Kuku and living in LA a free State anything goes its always business never personal all you can do is knuckle down and rebuild"

He tips his hat and turns back into the bar.

Report Post Tip
Glad you learned not to blame this one on disorder...

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Kuku's Demise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL